Old Chase threads

When Jeff hit the wall, you could have heard a pin drop at the stadium I bet. haaaaaaaaa. wait until Jr buys it..there goes the stands out into the parking lot.

Allmendinger has an average finish this season of 20.6 and he's in The Chase. o_O
His career Cup average finish is 21.3
WTF?
Something is wrong with this picture.

I think the biggest turn off for me this year is 1) Last year, Clint Bowyer exposed just how much of a gimmick The Chase is by the infamous "Itch heard around the world." NASCAR then further proved what a gimmick it was by putting Gordon into The Chase regardless of where he stood in the points. Then before the 2014 season began, Brian France came up with this system in a presentation that would make Ed McMahon proud. 2) Gods the changes, the changes all the ******* time! Why can't Brian France leave something alone for a couple of years!? Jeez...just...leave stuff alone for at least three years, please! It's gotten so bad that even ARCA seem more sensible in their rule changes than NASCAR.

that is what happens when you get older and closed minded. you are from California, lighten up, this ain't life or death, plenty of other racing series doing their thing.:biggrin:
It has nothing to do with being closed minded. It has everything to do with being concerned about a sport that continues to lose fans. Take a look around, they're removing grandstand seats so that they can say they "sold-out."

It has nothing to do with being closed minded. It has everything to do with being concerned about a sport that continues to lose fans. Take a look around, they're removing grandstand seats so that they can say they "sold-out."
I don't guess you saw the aerial view before the race, jam packed, all the parking was over flowing. catch up dude. the gimmic is working..for some anyway

I think the biggest turn off for me this year is 1) Last year, Clint Bowyer exposed just how much of a gimmick The Chase is by the infamous "Itch heard around the world." NASCAR then further proved what a gimmick it was by putting Gordon into The Chase regardless of where he stood in the points. Then before the 2014 season began, Brian France came up with this system in a presentation that would make Ed McMahon proud. 2) Gods the changes, the changes all the ******* time! Why can't Brian France leave something alone for a couple of years!? Jeez...just...leave stuff alone for at least three years, please! It's gotten so bad that even ARCA seem more sensible in their rule changes than NASCAR.
awww crap..the racing this year has been better than two car versions ago. Anybody here that doesn't believe that isn't so?

Aric out placed your pony today and was running 5th when he had engine problems last week, one horse ponys don't see how well he has been doing. 3 top tens going into the chase also. A.J. won a race fair and square, those are the rules deal with it. right now he is in position to advance to the next round. Great for their under funded teams..more competition=good in my book

Yeah he's doing great for his standards right now but he's even more bland and boring than Kenseth. Thankfully he wont be a factor for longer so that's that.

and that's good, the problem is that Brian France will not leave this alone. Five bucks says that he'll tweak The Chase format again for the 2015 season.
no bet, I can't control what Nascar does or doesn't do, but they are listening to the fans, and constantly working for better racing and trying to increase their TV ratings. I don't agree with all of it either, but I accept what they are doing right or wrong. Hell the racing itself is great, when Jeff hit the wall I about died and I am not that great of Gordon fan, but I was shocked stupid for a minute.

Yeah he's doing great for his standards right now but he's even more bland and boring than Kenseth. Thankfully he wont be a factor for longer so that's that.
I don't care dude, it is what it is, I have to listen to your one horse Gordon wank. talk about boring.

awww crap..the racing this year has been better than two car versions ago. Anybody here that doesn't believe that isn't so?
I feel like the racing has been pretty good for the last few years, including this year, to be honest. I feel like this new format was an unnecessary change, along with the qualifying format change and numerous other changes we've seen over the last several years.

I feel like the racing has been pretty good for the last few years, including this year, to be honest. I feel like this new format was an unnecessary change, along with the qualifying format change and numerous other changes we've seen over the last several years.
IMO, the ratings and attendance reflect an overall loss of interest in the sport.

I don't care dude, it is what it is, I have to listen to your one horse Gordon wank. talk about boring.
and you think your pull for the little guy speak is any much better? People root for who they wanna root for. Why is it such an problem for you?

and you think your pull for the little guy speak is any much better? People root for who they wanna root for. Why is it such an problem for you?

It isnt a problem, but people who demean under funded teams are.

I was around when gordo and company didn't have 400 employees, and to be able to compete with the big boys meant something. So pulling for underfunded teams making do with less isn't boring to me or a reason to ridicule them

IMHO, Brian France needs to stop forcing a 7th game scenario. The reason the 7th game is so special and news worthy is that it's very very rare in Baseball. That's what Brian France needs to accept. Yes, there will be guys like Jimmie Johnson, Brad K, and I guess Joey who'll run away with the points lead and basically ride around for the last couple of races because they've already won the Championship. But you also have other times when the battle for the Championship points actually come down to the last race, naturally.

It isnt a problem, but people who demean under funded teams are.

I was around when gordo and company didn't have 400 employees, and to be able to compete with the big boys meant something. So pulling for underfunded teams making do with less isn't boring to me or a reason to ridicule them
A la Kurt Busch w/ Furniture Row.

The driver makes that car get up to the front. Look where FR is now with MTJ.

It isn't ridicule when the facts are being pointed out.

IMHO, Brian France needs to stop forcing a 7th game scenario. The reason the 7th game is so special and news worthy is that it's very very rare in Baseball. That's what Brian France needs to accept. Yes, there will be guys like Jimmie Johnson, Brad K, and I guess Joey who'll run away with the points lead and basically ride around for the last couple of races because they've already won the Championship. But you also have other times when the battle for the Championship points actually come down to the last race, naturally.
I see your point exactly ad nauseum..but it ain't reality. You ain't running the show, watch it or not, but the endless beating a dead horse ain't getting ya nowhere dude.

A la Kurt Busch w/ Furniture Row.

The driver makes that car get up to the front. Look where FR is now with MTJ.

It isn't ridicule when the facts are being pointed out.
what facts, both of them won a race under the rules in place. A.J. if he keeps his nose clean will make the second round, Almirola might also..do you think they will really make the last round like reck suggested? hail no, and neither do I, but it is good for their teams and sponsorship opportunities, Petty might snag a good hotshoe with a sponsor for his open seat next year who knows, it can't be bad though to be in it for them.

the chase was started so it would be about Brian and not the Bill's....IMO

I thought Nextel (now Sprint) wanted something to separate the Winston Cup era of NASCAR with the Nextel Cup era, so Brian France came up with The Chase.

the chase was started so it would be about Brian and not the Bill's....IMO
what do you do, ratings are falling, attendance is down, what the hell would you do? I know what I would do, circle the wagons and come up with a new plan(s)

This is StandOnIt fighting everyone on sight tonight..

ibdamgXc3o6Aps.gif

what do you do, ratings are falling, attendance is down, what the hell would you do? I know what I would do, circle the wagons and come up with a new plan(s)
As a guy that openly and regularly expresses his disdain for stick and ball, shouldn't you be vehemently opposed to this new stick and ball style format?

I have never watched a race at Loudon and I have watched a few, where I got that excited. so far it is working for me is all I am going by. The finish wasn't side by side either but it was an exciting race I thought.

Here's what I'd do. 1) Get rid of the Aero-Push issues, have NASCAR R&D department spend a year working on it. If it means we have to roll out Gen 7, then so be it.
2) Keep the emphasis on winning, but make consistency a close second.
3) Get rid of The Chase.
4) Leave it alone for five years and see how things shake out.

I don't think it is stick n ball at all, more like extended heat races going to the feature.
That's one way to spin it, but it's exactly like a stick and ball format. Heck, that's one of the main reasons why the people that like it are praising it, and on the flipside, it's one of the main reasons why people that dislike it are against it.

Here's what I'd do. 1) Get rid of the Aero-Push issues, have NASCAR R&D department spend a year working on it. If it means we have to roll out Gen 7, then so be it.
2) Keep the emphasis on winning, but make consistency a close second.
3) Get rid of The Chase.
4) Leave it alone for five years and see how things shake out.

1. racers have been working on aero issues since cars went over 65 MPH, you ain't going to get rid of them
2. thought that is what they did WIN and you are in the finals.
3. got to do something, ratings and attendance is down and I can't blame that on the chase myself.
4. no business will lose money for five years, but the government will.

Oh I forgot one thing, get rid of the SMI and ISI duopoly on NASCAR sanctioned tracks and introduce more short tracks and road courses into the NASCAR Sprint Cup schedule. If they need help updating the venue or track support, then NASCAR can help them.

Back
Top Bottom