Penske Changing it Up

Pretty pumped on this move for obvious reasons.

Wow, interesting changes, I thought the Joey/Todd paring was good , not sure I would of broken that one up.

Probably old man Cindric trying to create chaos and shake the tree -- maybe one of the Penske CUPpers falls out, so his boy can go Cup racing in 2021.

If anything I thought they would remove Bullins from the role of crew chief. There seemed to be quite a few folks on social media not happy with his race strategy in 2019. Very surprised to see him going to Kez. I think Blaney should benefit from this move. He and Bullins have been together a long time, but I just didn't get the feel they were clicking this past year.

I think this is s good move.
I hate to see Brad and Wolfe separated some too. The 2012 chemistry between the two was one of the best pairings that I can recall in recent years.

I haven't crunched numbers but it seems like they had more perfect strategies and moments of greatness in that one season than all others combined since that year.

Still the same I think Brad and Wolfe are both great and both are better than final results would indicate. A change may be a good reset for both.

SOMETIMES the CC starts to depend on the driver to much and other times the driver starts to think winning is the CC's job.
I have noticed Brad wasn't always on the same page as the CC.
I also noticed the kid wasn't to happy with changes or lack thereof.
Joey and Bullins were never a good fit in my estimation.

Shocked by this.....but it is intriguing. Joey and Paul could be scary good. Todd with Blaney could be very good. It Bullins is worth anything, Brad can bring it out of him. The Captain might know what he is doing. LOL.

I always loved the Todd/Joey pairing for obvious reasons.. but this has me pretty excited for that team. Paul Wolfe is among the best CCs in the garage and I think he and Joey could make for a scary duo for the field. Paul's aggressive calls mixed with Joey's aggressive driving could make for one hell of a season.

Blaney lucked out with Todd too.. that man can turn a car around overnight.. Hopefully they click. I think Brad got the bad end of this but I'm a Logano fan so I'm okay with that. :D

“As we do after the completion of each season, we evaluated what we can do to better achieve our goals and we felt it was time to make these changes to better position us to reach our potential,” Penske said in a release provided by the team. “We are fortunate that we have three very strong leaders in Paul, Todd and Jeremy, who work with experienced and talented crews. Pairing each of these winning teams with different drivers and cars should provide new energy and a fresh approach for the 2020 season.”

This is crap. Penske boldly shakes up the Teams -- and we get this flaccid roll out of info in a supposedly media friendly (not to be mistaken for real journalism) sport. No formal press conference with drivers and crew chiefs available when it comes to true racing news.

But when drivers and Teams want us to pay attention to their foundations, human interest stories, personal dramas, Penske Games, vacations, etc. they're on Twitter, IG, and other media 24/7.

I would really like to hear directly from the drivers and CCs as well as Penske decision makers. It shouldn't be this difficult to get access and information for NASCAR entertainment.

Mr. Penski makes the decisions no need to ask for anyone else opinion.
I am sure Roger would tear up any contract people are not happy with
allowing them to leave.
Funny how every company has minimum wage employees who would like to advise the millionaire owners how to run the company.

I really think Bullins was taking a lot of unnecessary heat from social media fans. I'm glad to see that management still has a ton of faith in him!

Mr. Penski makes the decisions no need to ask for anyone else opinion.
I am sure Roger would tear up any contract people are not happy with
allowing them to leave.
Funny how every company has minimum wage employees who would like to advise the millionaire owners how to run the company.
Exactly.. I feel like he probably knows more about running a successful race team than basically everyone commenting on it.

I really think Bullins was taking a lot of unnecessary heat from social media fans. I'm glad to see that management still has a ton of faith in him!
That's one good reason to change it up. It puts the focus on both the driver and crew chief to do better in their new situation than they have been doing in the old one. if any finger pointing has been going on, that's pretty much gone.

Exactly.. I feel like he probably knows more about running a successful race team than basically everyone commenting on it.
It's Roger's money. Everyone involved knows where the door is. Cole Pearn demonstrated what a crew chief can do when he's had enough fun.

Roger might be the problem -- he was thoroughly outperformed by Holy Joe and JGR -- and now looks like he's diverting attention from his lack of leadership to placing blame on his Driver-CC pairings.

His statement was weak as an auto-penned Christmas Card with a Honey-Baked Ham gift card inside.

Roger has to do better.

Perhaps he anticipates some performance improvement among his teams.

You complain he was out-performed then complain when he makes changes. Your occasionally humorous asides are the only thing keeping me from putting you on ignore.

You know there is more to performance than making declarations of personnel changes. You are playing dumb.

Much as I'm not a fan of JGR -- I can clearly see that they have risen to the top of the heap; and THAT speaks directly to Coach Gibbs.

As a Penske fan -- not a Penske shill -- their Cup program fell below expectations. A crap statement about driver pairings handed out to the media is also falling below expectations.

I always loved the Todd/Joey pairing for obvious reasons.. but this has me pretty excited for that team. Paul Wolfe is among the best CCs in the garage and I think he and Joey could make for a scary duo for the field. Paul's aggressive calls mixed with Joey's aggressive driving could make for one hell of a season.

Blaney lucked out with Todd too.. that man can turn a car around overnight.. Hopefully they click. I think Brad got the bad end of this but I'm a Logano fan so I'm okay with that. :D

I have huge respect for the Penske organization. I agree....I think that Wolfe and Joey is a dynamic pairing that could take Joey to another level. I really believe this. Todd and Blaney is perfect. This will be a defining time in Blaney's career. I believe that Brad can elevate Bullins. These are courageous and creative moves characteristic of perhaps the greatest car owner in motorsports history. Enjoy the ride my friend. I think that this is going to get good for you.

I have huge respect for the Penske organization. I agree....I think that Wolfe and Joey is a dynamic pairing that could take Joey to another level. I really believe this. Todd and Blaney is perfect. This will be a defining time in Blaney's career. I believe that Brad can elevate Bullins. These are courageous and creative moves characteristic of perhaps the greatest car owner in motorsports history. Enjoy the ride my friend. I think that this is going to get good for you.
I agree with this. I'm also concerned that Brad is going to have a drop in performance.

I believe he's the most talented of the Penske drivers

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Just a heads up on the woes me and thinking Keselowski will be demolished. Bullins and Keselowski have a nice record, even though it is Xfinity, Brad won 14 races with him on the box.

I think Brad will be much better than what everyone thinks.

Just a heads up on the woes me and thinking Keselowski will be demolished. Bullins and Keselowski have a nice record, even though it is Xfinity, Brad won 14 races with him on the box.

I think Brad will be much better than what everyone thinks.
Id hope you are right. Brad was the Penske's number 1 with plenty of time left to win another title. I still think he's a top 5 talent

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I think Joey has surpassed Brad as #1 at Penske.. its close.. maybe even a draw.. but it's also a "what have you done for me lately" sort of business.

..and with this CC swap I think he can rise above even more. I'll be happy to see them all successful.. but obviously leaning toward the 22 side of things :D

Good luck this season.. you might need it :D

Total Shillville in here. :rolleyes:

The ONLY owner who looked like he knew what he was doing last year was Joe Gibbs. The Penske Three looked outgunned in the Playoffs -- but they charged in anyway. Thankfully Blaney grabbed a win -- but still seemed more of an overall Penske failure to get to the Championship Four than the Driver/CC pairings.

I'm sure Roger knows what he's doing. I'm just not real convinced on Brad / Bullins yet.

It will be interesting to see if this little distraction of buying the crown jewel track in motorsport and the whole freakin IndyCar series has an effect on Penske's cup team.

Total Shillville in here. :rolleyes:

The ONLY owner who looked like he knew what he was doing last year was Joe Gibbs. The Penske Three looked outgunned in the Playoffs -- but they charged in anyway. Thankfully Blaney grabbed a win -- but still seemed more of an overall Penske failure to get to the Championship Four than the Driver/CC pairings.
Okay, if it was all Roger's fault, what do you suggest he do?

I think Joey has surpassed Brad as #1 at Penske.. its close.. maybe even a draw.. but it's also a "what have you done for me lately" sort of business.

..and with this CC swap I think he can rise above even more. I'll be happy to see them all successful.. but obviously leaning toward the 22 side of things :D
I think Brad is now on par with Kurt in that his ideas and input are still pretty valuable. If they want to try something different under race conditions, Brad is the driver and his CC was a fast thinker as well.
Give Joey what he wants at a track he likes and he matches Harvick, Truex, and Kyle.
Bullin and Brad are what built the Xfinity series teams and I think that is what Penske is looking for not only 2020 BUT the next generation.

Okay, if it was all Roger's fault, what do you suggest he do?

JGR destroyed the competition last year. Penske was rendered irrelevant by JGR for the Champion race. Penske throwing out that shallow media release about the new seating chart is just nonsense. Hand me the Penske Post-mortem.

If this is just a "Trust in Roger" shill thread -- just label it as such and lock it down after the opening prayer...

Back
Top Bottom