Penske Changing it Up

You just HAD to ask. :D:p

As a fan, I ask for more Penske info on why they struggled against a dominant JGR and what they are doing to be more competitive next year beyond Driver/Crew Chief pairings. Nothing too controversial about that.

Charlie puts up a straw man argument that I should therefore issue Team Orders, when I'm still seeking information.

That is intellectually void. I expect more from Charlie. :)

As a fan, I ask for more Penske info on why they struggled against a dominant JGR and what they are doing to be more competitive next year beyond Driver/Crew Chief pairings. Nothing too controversial about that.

Charlie puts up a straw man argument that I should therefore issue Team Orders, when I'm still seeking information.

That is intellectually void. I expect more from Charlie. :)
I don't recall putting up any argument, straw man or otherwise. I asked what changes you'd make, nothing more or less. Your response appears to be that you'd ask Penske the same question.

It looks like Roger's made the changes he thinks will improve the situation. None of us know yet if he's right.

I think Joey has surpassed Brad as #1 at Penske.. its close.. maybe even a draw.. but it's also a "what have you done for me lately" sort of business.

..and with this CC swap I think he can rise above even more. I'll be happy to see them all successful.. but obviously leaning toward the 22 side of things :D

I think it is at least debatable and a great one at that, a lot of good arguments could be made to rate either one as better.
I think Brad would win a poll as the better of the two, but I am not convinced. If I could only pick to keep one of them, I would go with Joey.

I think Joey has surpassed Brad as #1 at Penske.. its close.. maybe even a draw.. but it's also a "what have you done for me lately" sort of business.

..and with this CC swap I think he can rise above even more. I'll be happy to see them all successful.. but obviously leaning toward the 22 side of things :D

I agree.

I'm thinking Brad/Wolfe are the better team and that is the reason for the switching. Joey is probably the better driver but needs changes to make him more consistent.

I think most owners would gladly have the 'problem' of two drivers of the caliber of Kez and Joey.
and he has a pretty good 3rd driver (maybe 4th as well) I think this is possible a better line up than HMS ever had.
The next generation car will have a big effect on teams as not all drivers will be able to adjust as well and the new car may suit some newer drivers better.

I'm thinking Brad/Wolfe are the better team and that is the reason for the switching. Joey is probably the better driver but needs changes to make him more consistent.

14 months after a Championship, and Todd Gordon is deemed done by the Board. He was a Denny Hamlin Hail Mary from the Championship Four. Talk about fall off.

14 months after a Championship, and Todd Gordon is deemed done by the Board. He was a Denny Hamlin Hail Mary from the Championship Four. Talk about fall off.
The Board fired Hamlin 2 years ago.

The HR functions here are a little shaky.

The Board fired Hamlin 2 years ago.

The HR functions here are a little shaky.

We are a victim of our own sucess.
A few years ago Jeff Gordon was drifting (not the the driving kinds). Miraculously our "Does Jeff even care anymore" thread turned him around and helped him retire with dignity.
Prior to the intervention Jeff was already packed and ready to move Belguim to pursue chasing butterflies.

Well I suppose we let it go to head. Knowledge is power but a dangerous thing without direction.

Your response appears to be that you'd ask Penske the same question.

Your reading comprehension is poor -- I'd take input from others throughout the organization as well. The Penske organization was outclassed last year by the dominant run of JGR. All their wins along with three teams in the Final Four was not an accident.

Anyone shilling for Roger is just nonsense at this point. He can blow sunshine, ignore the failure, rearrange deck furniture, change nameplates on doors or whatever else he wants to do...

Your reading comprehension is poor -- I'd take input from others throughout the organization as well. The Penske organization was outclassed last year by the dominant run of JGR. All their wins along with three teams in the Final Four was not an accident.

Anyone shilling for Roger is just nonsense at this point. He can blow sunshine, ignore the failure, rearrange deck furniture, change nameplates on doors or whatever else he wants to do...

yeah mine comprehension is a much bigger picture. In 2019, Series champions in Supercars with a second also, Series champion in the IMSA series and a third place kicker, Champions in the Indycar series first and second place also. I think you have a misshapen look at the Penske organization, but your doing a good job of shilling yourself.

We are a victim of our own sucess.
A few years ago Jeff Gordon was drifting (not the the driving kinds). Miraculously our "Does Jeff even care anymore" thread turned him around and helped him retire with dignity.
Prior to the intervention Jeff was already packed and ready to move Belguim to pursue chasing butterflies.

Well I suppose we let it go to head. Knowledge is power but a dangerous thing without direction.
At present, we’re putting Roger Penske in his place.

He’s older than dirt and so obviously past it.

The Penske organization was outclassed last year by the dominant run of JGR.

Everyone was outclassed by JGR last year.

You still haven't answered Charlie's question. Your biggest complaint seems to be with Penske's "shallow" press release to announce the crew chief changes? What were they supposed to say?

yeah mine comprehension is a much bigger picture. In 2019, Series champions in Supercars with a second also, Series champion in the IMSA series and a third place kicker, Champions in the Indycar series first and second place also. I think you have a misshapen look at the Penske organization, but your doing a good job of shilling yourself.

You're part of the ass-brigade on here. I merely express a desire for more info on the way-ahead from the Penske organization that struggled in Cup at the Championship level, and Penske shills like you need to attack. Pathetic...

Everyone was outclassed by JGR last year.

You still haven't answered Charlie's question. Your biggest complaint seems to be with Penske's "shallow" press release to announce the crew chief changes? What were they supposed to say?

As a fan of the sport and of Penske I would appreciate a run down of the Penske Cup organization and details on what they're doing to be competitive at the highest levels in 2020 across the shops, for the various tracks, etc. I don't need Team secrets, but just announcing C.C. and Driver pairings is shallow.

As a fan of the sport and of Penske I would appreciate a run down of the Penske Cup organization and details on what they're doing to be competitive at the highest levels in 2020 across the shops, for the various tracks, etc. I don't need Team secrets, but just announcing C.C. and Driver pairings is shallow.

You got a rundown..post # 62. comprehensive skills?

I don't recall other successful teams issuing those details as part of their routine pre-season press releases.

Yes, I said successful. That seems to be the fundamental issue. You're apparently the only one who doesn't see Penske as already "competitive at the highest levels". They had more wins than Hendrick or SHR, with one less car. Logano had the 2018 title and all three cars made the round of 8 for 2019. Only Gibbs and -maybe- Harvick run better and short of changing manufacturers, and nobody's catching JGR for a couple of years; that's just the way things cycle around. JGR's drivers are older than Penske's.

I don't see the problems you do, nothing to warrant the kind of announcements you're looking for. But I'm just a shill with poor reading comprehension; maybe calling me more names will convince me.

Last edited:
Sure, I would appreciate that too. But let's be real, as an investor, sponsor or part owner you might get that kind of information. As a fan, I doubt that would happen with Penske or any Cup team.

So what are SHR and HMS doing to be more competitive? I mean.. to expect that out of Penske you have to have a reason to think they would give us that. I dont remember ever seeing anything from any team along the lines of what you're asking for .. guess I'm just a shill then right?

Has Roger Penske every done anything wrong? I mean, seriously. He managed Kurt Busch perfectly. Handled the Allmendinger thing perfectly. Made Logano into a superstar. Got Brad a big glass of beer. Even when **** goes wrong, he makes it right. I suspect this is the same deal....and he has to be one of the nicest guys in the garage. I saw him in Portland years ago at a ChampCar race, and I had a question for him. I asked, "Mr. Penske, may I ask you a question?" He said, "You can ask me all the questions you want. Can I get you a cup of coffee?" This was after the morning warm up with a race in 3 hours.

Back
Top Bottom