Petty, Andretti Divorce

in all honesty its a pretty classless move by kyle, since john had the chance to leave this offseason but did not and remained loyal to PE...

i wonder what happens to the 44 with the planned races they had now...

now its time for Kyle to hang it up, definitely

No offense to the fans, but all the P.E. cars are junk. Now maybe John can find a worthy ride and do something with it..

i am sure i will get bashed for this but: SCREW PE the only reason John isn't runnin well is $$$$ i have heard for years PE sponsor $$ are not what they should be and Richard and Kyle pocket more than they spend (hearsay but i believe it). I truly believe John can drive a race car, his win at Martinsville showes that. I really never was a PE fan now piss on them. hope they don't finish a race the rest of the year. :dual9mm:

According to my calculations this is about four years past due! The Petty's live on their name only anymore, sad but true. Fittipadi was a whinner in CART and only had a couple of wins in nine years with a top level team, look for the same. First Toyota and now ride buyin' foreigners!! What is NASCAR becoming....CART!

John may be a decent driver, he just hasn't had the $$$ to show it, I hope.

I knew it was just a matter of time.

another reason why i am backing up my theory that this was a classless move by kyle petty:

this season john has avg. 81.21 points per race

this season kyle has avg. 77.31 points per race

clearly john is having a better season than kyle, but a terrible season compared to the rest of the drivers in the series... if john goes then so does kyle.

Originally posted by bud_stud@Jun 10 2003, 12:45 PM
No offense to the fans, but all the P.E. cars are junk. Now maybe John can find a worthy ride and do something with it..
I've thought about and I agree with you.

Originally posted by robby.31.is.#1@Jun 10 2003, 02:07 PM
another reason why i am backing up my theory that this was a classless move by kyle petty:

clearly john is having a better season than kyle, but a terrible season compared to the rest of the drivers in the series... if john goes then so does kyle.
dont forget that kyle got hurt and was in a hell of a lot of pain.

And Kyle should hang it up but I hope Christian can win or something this year and maybe They can get someone like Scott Riggs or someone good to race next year

this is what jayski has

# Andretti out Fittipaldi in the #43: Christian Fittipaldi will drive the #43 Cheerios/Betty Crocker Dodge for most of the rest of this season, beginning with this weekend’s 400-mile race at Michigan Speedway. Petty Enterprises announced this morning Fittipaldi would replace John Andretti, who has driven for the team since 1998. "Christian Fittipaldi has shown, every time he has gotten in a Winston Cup car, including Phoenix, Texas and Daytona, that he has the talent to drive these cars and help us get to the front," said Kyle Petty, CEO of Petty Enterprises. "We look forward to showing everyone what Christian can do week in and week out." A driver to be determined will drive the #43 in the three races Fittipaldi drives the #44 Bugles Dodge, and his one race under the New York Yankees pinstripes colors. "This decision was finalized this week. We then informed General Mills of what we were going to do, and we are moving forward," Petty said. Fittipaldi, one of the top young names in Formula One and CART racing before moving to Petty Enterprises, will be starting his fourth NASCAR Winston Cup race this week. He ran in October’s race at Phoenix, as well as the season-opening Daytona 500 and April’s 500-miler at Texas Motor Speedway. "We appreciate what John has done for us," said Richard Petty. "We had some successes, won some poles and won a race but we feel like where we are right now it’s time for a change for Petty Enterprises and for John. "Speed and Fittipaldi go together," he continued. "He knows how to run fast, and he knows how to race fast. We feel he is going to do a great job for Petty Enterprises and for Cheerios and Betty Crocker."(Williams Company PR), no word on Andretti's plans. Fittipaldi is scheduled to drive the #44 Dodge with Bugles [yummy snack food] at the Pepsi 400 at Daytona, the EA Sports 500 at Talladega, and the UAW-GM Quality 500 at Lowe's Motor Speedway, and the #44 New York Yankees scheme at Watkins Glen.(6-10-2003)

Originally posted by redrock@Jun 10 2003, 03:39 PM
Does anybody have John's stats? How many years, starts, wins?
4 and a half years 1 win and two poles with petty

PE hasn't got the money that a lot of other big names have. Roush,DEI,RCR. and Hendricks to name a few. little money then little speed. Nobody is going to win in the 43 and 45 cars. :eek:

Originally posted by robby.31.is.#1@Jun 10 2003, 11:51 AM
in all honesty its a pretty classless move by kyle, since john had the chance to leave this offseason but did not and remained loyal to PE...

John last fall and winter was lookign for another ride but PE wanted him to stay, bc he is a good spokesman for GM. When John could not find any other ride he stayed at PE. John was wanting to leave! SO yes he had the chance but not really since he could not find any other rides!

The 44 car will still be run 4 times this year with CF behind the wheel. They will find another driver for those 4 races. Daytona, Atlanta,Talledagea, and Glen.

TIme for Kyle to hang it up, Yes it is! I want him to announce 2004 as his final year but it doe snto sound like he will from an article I read the other day.

Originally posted by redrock@Jun 10 2003, 01:03 PM
According to my calculations this is about four years past due! The Petty's live on their name only anymore, sad but true. Fittipadi was a whinner in CART and only had a couple of wins in nine years with a top level team, look for the same. First Toyota and now ride buyin' foreigners!! What is NASCAR becoming....CART!
9 years in CART ? 2 of those years where in F1 I belive! CF is a good guy and funny as well, he is not a whinner, or at least I have never heard him wine.

The thing that gets me is Ride buyer???? NOT!!! PE approaced CF many times about driving for PE some time. Kyle flew to a couple CART events last year to talk to CF. To be a ride buyer I think you have to have a sponsor for that don't you??? IF Cf was a ride buyer he would have been in the 44 car all year and not wainting on a sponsor to get him in the car. Remember he was to race the ABC plan and it was cut back to a C plan with execption of Datyona ARCA race. IF he was a ride buyer he would have ran all those races.

foreigners? Yes so what?
Can he drive? YEs.
Does he live legaly in USA, yes

Whats your point? foreigners have just as much right to drive in NASCAR as does blacks, women, and all other americans.

Originally posted by robby.31.is.#1@Jun 10 2003, 01:07 PM

Is the counting the race that he sat out????
It was not just Kyle it was Richard as well! I bet alot of people had a say in this decesion General Mills proably had a big part in it as well. PE did this to try and help there situation at the 43 car which has been horrible for years. At least Kyle had a good year last year, can't say that about John.

Yees PE cars are Junk, but they are working on it. I hear that CF and KP have similar set-ups so that will help. John and Kyle like completly diffrent setups under there cars. That does not help at all! With both drivers on the same page the cars shouldbecome closer and they can learn what is wrong together. CF came from OpenWheel which is much more techincal and that is the way NASCAR is heading . CF knows about that stuff and john does nto so that is a good reason to have CF in the seat not John.

PE does need a major shake up. Back to the whole coulda, woulda, shoulda senario with Adam. If that wouldn't have happened Kyle would already be out of the car.

Hopefully, andretti gets a chance somewhere.

Hopefully CF can learn somethings in the seat this year. It would be great for nascar to have the petty car competitive.

I love and respect Kyle but I really don't think his heart is in it anymore. Truthfully John does just as good or better than Kyle at times. I just hope PE didn't make a big mistake. just have to wait and see. Good Luck PE!!!

Originally posted by robby.31.is.#1@Jun 10 2003, 05:51 PM

This from a Robby Gordon fan...enough said :rolleyes:

ok the over under for christain to wreck this weekend is lap 100, i have the under

what makes you think he will wreck.........he doesnt have a history of wrecking.....if your going to start takin bets on what lap drivers will wreck on......you need to play that game with Todd Bodine

wrong thread to bring that up buddy

John wasn't going to win any time soon. Kyle is not likely to win any time soon either, but what is he going to do, fire himself? I think not. As far as I'm concerned Kyle can race as long as he wants to. He hasn't ran in the front of the pack for a long time, but he also doesn't knock cars out nearly as much as some other drivers (Robby Gordon, Jimmy Spencer, any Bodine, etc.). His long streak of races with no DNF's can attest to that. I also agree that if Adam hadn't met such a cruel fate Kyle would be out of a ride already. With all that the Petty family has gone through and what he and his father have accomplished over the years I would think they would get a little more respect than they are getting here. Just my opinion.

Originally posted by 4xchampncountin@Jun 10 2003, 08:31 PM
John wasn't going to win any time soon. Kyle is not likely to win any time soon either, but what is he going to do, fire himself? I think not. As far as I'm concerned Kyle can race as long as he wants to. He hasn't ran in the front of the pack for a long time, but he also doesn't knock cars out nearly as much as some other drivers (Robby Gordon, Jimmy Spencer, any Bodine, etc.). His long streak of races with no DNF's can attest to that. I also agree that if Adam hadn't met such a cruel fate Kyle would be out of a ride already. With all that the Petty family has gone through and what he and his father have accomplished over the years I would think they would get a little more respect than they are getting here. Just my opinion.
damn straight

Originally posted by toddgee24@Jun 10 2003, 08:25 PM
ok the over under for christain to wreck this weekend is lap 100, i have the under
you know what your a real jerk for saying something like that. If there was not younger viewers on the fourm I would tell you what I think of you now after that comment, but I respect this fourm and the viewers and wont.

Originally posted by 4xchampncountin+Jun 10 2003, 08:24 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (4xchampncountin @ Jun 10 2003, 08:24 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--robby.31.is.#1@Jun 10 2003, 05:51 PM

This from a Robby Gordon fan...enough said :rolleyes: [/b][/quote]
yup and he should be talking about classless

Originally posted by 4xchampncountin@Jun 10 2003, 08:31 PM
Freaking ridiculous, no wonder so many people have deserted this forum, because some of you people who are blind.

Please tell me when was the last time Robby knocked someone out? Jeff Gordon has knocked more people out than Robby this year, hell, Robby only knocked out one person the entire year, and currently has the 3rd longest DNF streak in Nascar and has completed the most laps in all of Nascar, only behind Kenseth.

Please tell me, you want Robby who is in the top 15 in points and competitive enough and in reach of top 10 in points? Or a back marker like Kyle Petty who cant break the top 20 and is mired back around 35th in the standings?

Originally posted by toddgee24@Jun 10 2003, 08:25 PM
Had to come from a Jeff Gordon fan. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by robby.31.is.#1+Jun 10 2003, 08:53 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (robby.31.is.#1 @ Jun 10 2003, 08:53 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--4xchampncountin@Jun 10 2003, 08:31 PM
Freaking ridiculous, no wonder so many people have deserted this forum, because some of you people who are blind.

Please tell me when was the last time Robby knocked someone out? Jeff Gordon has knocked more people out than Robby this year, hell, Robby only knocked out one person the entire year, and currently has the 3rd longest DNF streak in Nascar and has completed the most laps in all of Nascar, only behind Kenseth.

Please tell me, you want Robby who is in the top 15 in points and competitive enough and in reach of top 10 in points? Or a back marker like Kyle Petty who cant break the top 20 and is mired back around 35th in the standings? [/b][/quote]
you get put in the wall at 80gs and break a bunch of ribs and sit out a race and be in pain for 4 weeks and then get put in the wall again and hurt your ribs again and see if you can be competitive.

If paul is smart he will put a lock on this forum befor we get too mean to each other and start saying things that we will regreat

Originally posted by pettyfan4life@Jun 10 2003, 07:59 PM
you get put in the wall at 80gs and break a bunch of ribs and sit out a race and be in pain for 4 weeks and then get put in the wall again and hurt your ribs again and see if you can be competitive.
Um, has not been competitive even when feeling good. His best avg finish for a season in the past 8 years is 19th. He's only had 1 top five in that span. I mean damn. I understand how things got turned upside down with Adam and all but sheesh. Step aside and let a younger driver drive it like he stole it.

Originally posted by N2racin88+Jun 10 2003, 09:35 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (N2racin88 @ Jun 10 2003, 09:35 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--pettyfan4life@Jun 10 2003, 07:59 PM
you get put in the wall at 80gs and break a bunch of ribs and sit out a race and be in pain for 4 weeks and then get put in the wall again and hurt your ribs again and see if you can&nbsp; be competitive.
Um, has not been competitive even when feeling good. His best avg finish for a season in the past 8 years is 19th. He's only had 1 top five in that span. I mean damn. I understand how things got turned upside down with Adam and all but sheesh. Step aside and let a younger driver drive it like he stole it. [/b][/quote]
Agreed.

Originally posted by N2racin88+Jun 10 2003, 09:35 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (N2racin88 @ Jun 10 2003, 09:35 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--pettyfan4life@Jun 10 2003, 07:59 PM
you get put in the wall at 80gs and break a bunch of ribs and sit out a race and be in pain for 4 weeks and then get put in the wall again and hurt your ribs again and see if you can&nbsp; be competitive.
Um, has not been competitive even when feeling good. His best avg finish for a season in the past 8 years is 19th. He's only had 1 top five in that span. I mean damn. I understand how things got turned upside down with Adam and all but sheesh. Step aside and let a younger driver drive it like he stole it. [/b][/quote]
you cant really be talking(not to sound mean) but Dale Jarret hasent had a good year either

Originally posted by pettyfan4life@Jun 10 2003, 08:38 PM
you cant really be talking(not to sound mean) but Dale Jarret hasent had a good year either
Come on now. Really. That is a stretch. I do not need to bring up any stats because they speak for themselve. You stated that Kyle has not been competitive due to his injury. All I am saying is that injury or not he has not been competitive in nearly a decade. I think that he would be better suite to leaving that ride. Before you know it Brawny will either cut even more funding or he'll lose that sponser as well. Get a young up and coming star and be his tutor. Otherwise that program will get run into the ground further then it already is.

This is pretty much turning into a bitch fight thread...
Fact of the matter is, John deserves a better ride.. and Kyle needs to be out of his ride. Let a young gun take it over, and drive it like he stole it. I dont know about you all, but I think its a damn shame week in and week out that a P.E. car finishes lower than 40th. Richard Petty built the Petty name, but this crap is killing it.. no offense to any fans... but thats my 2 cents on this issue.

BTW, ya cant really throw Dale Jarrett into this.. He's already had a win this year. He'll win more..

Originally posted by bud_stud@Jun 10 2003, 09:08 PM
This is pretty much turning into a bitch fight thread...
Fact of the matter is, John deserves a better ride.. and Kyle needs to be out of his ride. Let a young gun take it over, and drive it like he stole it. I dont know about you all, but I think its a damn shame week in and week out that a P.E. car finishes lower than 40th. Richard Petty built the Petty name, but this crap is killing it.. no offense to any fans... but thats my 2 cents on this issue.

BTW, ya cant really throw Dale Jarrett into this.. He's already had a win this year. He'll win more..
Not to mention a championship.

struck a nerve with that comment, but ohwell, maybe he wont wreck probably run in the back all day.

Back
Top Bottom