Petty, Andretti Divorce

This thread is a classic, two people fighting over backmarkers!
Uh---gotta go! :lol:

Originally posted by toddgee24@Jun 11 2003, 11:17 AM
struck a nerve with that comment, but ohwell, maybe he wont wreck probably run in the back all day.
no i just backed out so I wouldent piss anyone off and make paul mad Ive seen a thread go way too sour, many remember that thread It had over 1000 post in one night

N2racing88, I really don't age has anything to do with it. You mention Kyle should step aside and let a younger driver drive. There are several drivers out there who is older than Kyle including Dale Jarrett.

You we have a ( debate ) going on about Kyle Petty and JR hasn' been blamed gor Kyles problems. It's a miracle. :D

LOL :D Good one Gollum

I am just taking the high road in all the Kyle/PE bashing that is going on at other places so i will as well here! Ok except for the 3 posts early in this topic!

You got to be tough skin to be a Nascar fan. I am a big Dale sr. fan and Dale was blamed for everything from rough driving to Killing Jimmy Hoffa. You learn to ignore a lot. :D

yes you do! These last oh 4 or 5 years at PE has sucked with exception to Kyle last year! I have taken alot of heat for being a Kyle fan. I am not a fan of his bc of just ontrack performance, I am a fan of him and the Pettys bc of all the hard work they do with charitys in teh world! The Pettys are classy and they help out as much as they can! Thats why I like Kyle and the other Petty's.
You can tell I am young for saying Kyle and the other Petty's and not saying Richard and they other Petty's

But isn't it amazing how quick people can turn on a driver. Before the firing of John no on ever bashed Kyle. How quick people are to run down someone. Kyle had his reasons, who's gonna argue with him, he's the CEO. :)

YOU GO PETTYBENSON, STAND BY YOUR MAN!!!!!!! :cheers:

Kyle did what he thought was right. no one knows what went on behind closed doors, maybe john pissed him off kinda like jeff green with rc. maybe not, who knows. as far as kyle goes he really hasn't run real well since the early to mid 90's. I think he has too much on his plate.
anyway the beers are on me, lighten up and have a good time.
:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Originally posted by nascat22@Jun 11 2003, 08:52 PM
But isn't it amazing how quick people can turn on a driver. Before the firing of John no on ever bashed Kyle. How quick people are to run down someone. Kyle had his reasons, who's gonna argue with him, he's the CEO. :)

YOU GO PETTYBENSON, STAND BY YOUR MAN!!!!!!! :cheers:
hell yea

Originally posted by nascat22@Jun 11 2003, 04:48 PM
N2racing88, I really don't age has anything to do with it. You mention Kyle should step aside and let a younger driver drive.  There are several drivers out there who is older than Kyle including Dale Jarrett.
So what should he do? Continue to sink the ship? He needs to step aside and let someone else young or old take over that ride. Hell, give Casey Atwood a try. The days of making owner decisions and driving a car are long and gone. Kyle has way too much on his plate. I continue to giggle when people drag DJ's name into this discussion. DJ is proven, he is capable of winning at almost any track. He has the equipment. He's a former champion for God's sake. Other older drivers? Bill Elliott? Mark Martin? Sterling Marlin? Each still can get the job done so you can not compare. Kyle has no chance whatsoever at winning a race. Period. Am I saying the guy can not drive? No. With the equipment he is given I doubt anyone could make a significant improvement. So step out and put 100% focus on turning that program around before the Petty name is tarnished anymore.

I have nothing against DJ and there's no dought in my mind he WILL win before this season is up. I pull for the drivers who's 40 and over. (Jeff B. is an exception :) ) Some of these rookies might take a few lessons from drivers like DJ, Rusty, Mark, Sterling, Bill E. etc. As for Kyle, maybe he is trying to take on more than he can handle. Only he knows I reckon.

Originally posted by N2racin88+Jun 11 2003, 09:38 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (N2racin88 @ Jun 11 2003, 09:38 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--nascat22@Jun 11 2003, 04:48 PM
N2racing88, I really don't age has anything to do with it. You mention Kyle should step aside and let a younger driver drive.&nbsp; There are several drivers out there who is older than Kyle including Dale Jarrett.
So what should he do? Continue to sink the ship? He needs to step aside and let someone else young or old take over that ride. Hell, give Casey Atwood a try. The days of making owner decisions and driving a car are long and gone. Kyle has way too much on his plate. I continue to giggle when people drag DJ's name into this discussion. DJ is proven, he is capable of winning at almost any track. He has the equipment. He's a former champion for God's sake. Other older drivers? Bill Elliott? Mark Martin? Sterling Marlin? Each still can get the job done so you can not compare. Kyle has no chance whatsoever at winning a race. Period. Am I saying the guy can not drive? No. With the equipment he is given I doubt anyone could make a significant improvement. So step out and put 100% focus on turning that program around before the Petty name is tarnished anymore. [/b][/quote]
Im going to laugh my ass off when Kyle does win a race(I hope its soon) I got a list of names I want to call that have been ragging me for years since he hasent been able to compleate really good. No one can say anything about me I have stuck with Kyle when he was only able to make half the races one year. NO ONE is as diahard of a fan of anyone as I am

John's better off. While I admire Kyle's off track efforts and the family name, P.E. does not impress me.

As stated before I am sure that Kyle is a great driver. I am sure he could be a winning force given the best equipment. He will not win with what he has now. He currently is his own hindrance. Being so is hurting that orginizations chances at securing lucrative sponsorship deals and interest in prospective drivers. I am sorry if some of you do not see that.

if your going to bash drivers go to thatsracing.coms forum you will fit in palce

this is not bashing its just constructive criticism that is going on...

bashing would be like petty sucks, but we giving reasons and pointing at certain aspects, not bashing but constructive criticism

Hey Petty fan!
I think I might give you a running for the diehard Petty fan! I have been following KP since the Peak days, I sorta remeber him in the 7-11 car for the wood brothers! I have stuck with KP in the good years ( Mellow Yello car) and the bad years ( hotwheels car/Sprint) Last year was a good year and showed promise, this year does suck again to be a Petty fan but I am sticking with it.

But what some are saying is true! Kyle does need to either foucs on driving or on running the team, not both!
I really really hate to say it but Kyle needs to call it quits after the 2004 season. Have a good farwell year then put some young gun into the car that has a future. That way he can work on gettingPE back to top 10 -15 teams! CF might be somethign PE needed to get a fresh driver into the team which likes similar set-ups to KP. That way they work together and not go in diffrent directions like JA and Kp did.

I will support PE when ever KP steps out of the car!I hope that comes sooner than later so he does not go out like Richard did, but if he does that is just fine by me

Originally posted by Highboy90@Jun 11 2003, 10:02 PM
John's better off. While I admire Kyle's off track efforts and the family name, P.E. does not impress me.
Amen brotha... couldn't have said it better myself.

Originally posted by pettyfan4life@Jun 11 2003, 10:01 PM
if your going to bash drivers go to thatsracing.coms forum you will fit in palce
Please point out one statement that I made were I "bashed" a driver and I will contract that statement.

It is absolutely amazing how fans can condemn or sanctify a decision to release a driver from any team. Since none of us know the actual reason(s) for Andretti being let go, and for sure there is more to this than meets the eye. Until that information is released, anything else is guess work.

As far as the driving record of Kyle being used as a guide by some in this situation, it exemplifies the beauty part of a capitalist society where Kyle is an owner and driver for the PEI team. Kyle is the one who pays the bills and Kyle makes the choices of who sits in the driver seat. Historically, business decisions made by PEI have been based on sound business practices to increase the bottom line and they ahve been successful in this strategy.

On the other hand, John has not produced, previously actively tried to find other rides (so much for loyalty) without success and did not have a line up of NASCAR team owners waiting to hire him. He is guilty of the same thing so many criticise PEI of by living off thier name. There is one part of the discussion we all agree on. The Petty cars are not up to par with the competition.
Kyle will not win again unless he gets his priorities straight and in order to do this Kyle must hand off all ownership, management and charitable responsibilities of PEI and concentrate solely on his racing effort.

This is my take. Please feel free to agree or disagree. :D

i agree,

between driving full time, managing PE full time, and working with charities and the victory junction and the bike ride he is spreading himself too thin, and its definitely showing on the race track.

Back
Top Bottom