Playoff bubble

Fordracing7

2018 Pick em Champion
With 6 races to go until the playoffs begin here's your updated playoff bubble....yes I know nbc does this during the race....and yes I know the points are confusing to pay attention to.

Overall current points position(playoff)
4. (13) Kyle Busch +140
7. (14) Jamie Mcmurray +66
8. (15) Chase Elliott +55
9. (16) Matt Kenseth +33
11. (OUT) Clint Bowyer -33
13. (OUT) Joey Logano -51
17. (OUT) Erik Jones -126
18. (OUT) Daniel Suarez -132

Everyone else including Junebug would basically have to win to be in!!! I like Jr. Hell of a guy but he might have to fade off into the sunset instead of riding off Into it.

I think my man Matt will get in .. he might get a win soon, but if not I like his chance of passing up Chase and Jamie Mac.

I hope Clint and Joey can get wins and get it over with and get 7 Fords in the playoffs. But if not good chance they could out point either the 1 or 24 at this point. 20 seems too strong lately.

I hope Clint and Joey can get wins and get it over with and get 7 Fords in the playoffs. But if not good chance they could out point either the 1 or 24 at this point. 20 seems too strong lately.
I'm sure Joey will get a win. Bowyer?...whatever.

Think Joey wins either Watkins Glen, Michigan or Bristol to get in. I also expect Kyle to win and get in

Baby boy, 2nd one another Brad fan haha
Awesome ! Congrats to you and the Mrs.
My boys are 30, 28 and 24. My three sons.
sarcastic.gif

I like #22 Logano... even if they're struggling to get back to their top five ways lately. I'd keep an eye out for them at all times... they just need to hit on something in the next month and we could see Joey win like he's done so many times in recent years. Get that guy a top 6 or 7 car and he'll take care of the rest.

So now that Kyle got a win,finally, that's one less spot for the points racers, and to be honest, I hope we can get a more first time of the year winners , I like to see the entire last 10 races drivers be made up of only race winners, dont want to see anyone in on points, just my opinion of course, the mileage you get may vary.

Joey didn't help himself today

I'm not feeling it for Joey. Just not fast or consistent enough. Might have to resort to a Hail Mary on strategy or something.

The battle between Austin Dillon and Kasey Kahne may be the one to watch. 17 winners could happen. AJ winning next week would make things really interesting

7. (14) Chase Elliott +39
8. (15) Jamie Mcmurray +38
9. (16) Matt Kenseth +17
10. (OUT) Clint Bowyer -17
13. (OUT) Joey Logano -69
16. (OUT) Erik Jones -125
18. (OUT) Daniel Suarez -130

Kyle clinched.
1,20,24 lost points today
14 had a great point day
22 hurt themselves today and may need to win to be in
77,19 didn't make up much ground today and most likely have to win to be in

This week could be another 1st time winner with Watkins Glen and guys like AJ allmendinger and Michael McDowell able to pull off a victory

Would suck to see Allmendinger or someone else steal a playoff spot from a road course victory, but we see at least one guy steal a spot each year, last year it was Buescher, Austin Dillon has already had a surprise win this year

That was a stunning series of boneheaded moves by the 22 team yesterday.
I may have nodded off a bit could you explain?
Are you referring to fuel on a pass through added to the speeding penalty or the fact that Team Penske can't unload a fast car even though Wood Bros. can??

I may have nodded off a bit could you explain?
Are you referring to fuel on a pass through added to the speeding penalty or the fact that Team Penske can't unload a fast car even though Wood Bros. can??

Haha I would say both first of all your exactly right the 21 is pretty fast off the truck and the other cars are slow but the 22 had a top 10-12 run going and was speeding then the dumb fuel penalty, just dumb moves.

Would suck to see Allmendinger or someone else steal a playoff spot from a road course victory, but we see at least one guy steal a spot each year, last year it was Buescher, Austin Dillon has already had a surprise win this year

I like the parity with the winners this year but yeah some of these guys aren't making it past Round 1.

My point being I don't see Kahne, Stenhouse, Dillon, Newman getting past Round 1, seems like the parity is much bigger of a deal this year when you have the driver that's 10th in points out of the Chase.

My point being I don't see Kahne, Stenhouse, Dillon, Newman getting past Round 1, seems like the parity is much bigger of a deal this year when you have the driver that's 10th in points out of the Chase.

Those are my first 4 eliminated as of now too...

Newman might surprise you......
There's always a big name driver that gets eliminated in the first round. Every single time, even in the Chase format after 2 or 3 races there'd be a driver who you would think could challenge Jimmie and then due to bad luck he'd be so far behind. The "playoffs" are a true crap shoot in NASCAR, I think baseball is on par with the randomness

Back
Top Bottom