Pocono II Race Thread

Matthew2470

It's not that serious
Rain heading to the track as we speak. Could be an interesting day in terms of rain strategy.

I hope they can but I will be very surprised to see them get this one in today. The weather that is blowing through here right now will probably be hitting out there in 2-3 hours and right now we are just at the beginning of some high winds and rain.

I hope we can get this race in before the rain. I will be switching back and forth between this and the Indycar race.

I hope we can get this race in before the rain. I will be switching back and forth between this and the Indycar race.

Not happening. At least that's what weather.com says. But then again they are wrong 90% of the time.

NASCAR sees the rain coming. And there's "NOTHING THEY CAN F___ING DO". Right. Like starting the race one or two hours early is going to ruin it all.

We've seen this tape before folks. It's called "Watch NASCAR bend over all the ticket holders at the track right now."

What does this accomplish for nascar. Well, it pisses all the people off who have a job to goto on Monday.

These are the primary ticket holders. If you have spent the money to get there, been camping for days. Now, you get to wait until the rain begins and then they will call the race.

This is one of the top reasons I don't goto my local track more. This crap happens all the damn time.

Who wants to buy a ticket when the track doesn't sell out anymore, and there's always that chance of rain.

BONEHEAD OF THE WEEK: NASCAR OPERATIONS. They just don't give a crap about the fans that bought the ticket in advance.
Such a shame.

NASCAR sees the rain coming. And there's "NOTHING THEY CAN F___ING DO". Right. Like starting the race one or two hours early is going to ruin it all.

We've seen this tape before folks. It's called "Watch NASCAR bend over all the ticket holders at the track right now."

What does this accomplish for nascar. Well, it pisses all the people off who have a job to goto on Monday.

These are the primary ticket holders. If you have spent the money to get there, been camping for days. Now, you get to wait until the rain begins and then they will call the race.

This is one of the top reasons I don't goto my local track more. This crap happens all the damn time.

Who wants to buy a ticket when the track doesn't sell out anymore, and there's always that chance of rain.

BONEHEAD OF THE WEEK: NASCAR OPERATIONS. They just don't give a crap about the fans that bought the ticket in advance.
Such a shame.
Post of the day , right there ,ladies and gentlemen . Why the heck would you buy a ticket if they wouldn't tell you the start time ? How would you like to tune into a race that is already half over ? Well at least you would see a shorter race , right ?

NASCAR events entail a huge amount of logistics. You just can't change a start time by 2 hours on the fly. There would be lawsuits from contact violations, union grievances, furious fans at the track and tons of other problems.

Rain happens. Fans of the sport know this. Ticket buyers know this and accept the risks. It's frustrating but there's nothing that can be done other than race when it's dry.

So when is the official start time?

There is none. THey moved it up an hour, now nobodys going to watch, accoding to this guy.

Post of the day , right there ,ladies and gentlemen . Why the heck would you buy a ticket if they wouldn't tell you the start time ? How would you like to tune into a race that is already half over ? Well at least you would see a shorter race , right ?

Looks like the track is soaked and I'd say that we won't see any racing from Pocono today.

I guess we'll have to complain in the Indy Car thread ;)

Such a shame.

They are contracts to go by okay? I swear some fans don't understand this, they complain about this and that and all that crap hey look if they started the race early it would have still ruined it cause I am sure by now the race wouldn't be over by now so your logic is even flawed there. They can ONLY probably push up the start of the race into the time they have allowed meaning whenever the countdown starts.

Weather experts and armchair race promoters kill me. There's so much more that goes into races (NASCAR and local track) than people seem to understand. Yeah, moving around start times by a few hours here and there is just like magic.:rolleyes:

Weather experts and armchair race promoters kill me. There's so much more that goes into races (NASCAR and local track) than people seem to understand. Yeah, moving around start times by a few hours here and there is just like magic.:rolleyes:

It's not hard, Just set your watch back.

Looks to me like they have a good shot at getting it in. But it's sunny here, so I'll be outside not watching

The Weather Channel shows that the rain will be over by 6pm. However, Pocono doesn't have lights, so this race will most likely start tomorrow.

All of the rain that has passed through the area that I live has not made it to the track yet. It's only a couple hours away from Pocono. There is plenty more on the way unless this storm breaks up.

Oops, I see the large area of rain you're talking about now. The rain is a few hours away from Pocono, though (unless an isolated cell develops ahead of the main area of rain).

I used to be better at tracking storms than this! I've gotten bad lately.

Uh oh
usa.gif

At least we aren't hearing the normal "It's clearing up...I think we're gonna get this race all the way in today" comments that we usually here from the broadcasters.

They may as well just give the trophy to Johnson because today is Chad's birthday.

I have been playing video games in the other room and now I hear them doing the opening ceremonies. The radar doesn't look promising at all. I don't even know if the track is dry right now, but if they try giving it a go...they aren't even gonna get to the competition caution before the rain hits.

Back
Top Bottom