Pocono INDYCAR 500

Kanaan was leading when they gambled on that one stop strategy. Not sure why you would do that when you were in P1.

First oval win for JPM since he won the CART race at Gateway Motorsports Park on September 17, 2000.

Yeah, even faster than the old CART races at Michigan/Fontana with the 800HP turbocharged V8s. I guess the few cautions helped.

Yeah...still it's a cool thing for JPM to have done. I think the Michigan races were usually 400s and they are talking time from green flag to checkered flag. Counting it that way the NASCAR race averaged about 20 mph ;)

Yeah...still it's a cool thing for JPM to have done. I think the Michigan races were usually 400s and they are talking time from green flag to checkered flag. Counting it that way the NASCAR race averaged about 20 mph ;)
Yeah, I checked and the old Michigan/Fontana 500 mile races in the CART days on racing reference. The highest I could find was 198 at Fontana. Most avg speed were like 140 or so. I do remember a lot of engine failures in those days. They ran those engines to the ragged edge. The engine spec wasn't as tightly controlled as it is now.

I remember the last race with Mercedes-Benz/Illmor (Fontana 2000 I think), Mercedes wanted to go out with a win so all the MB teams turned up the wick and all the engines blew up by the end of the race.

lol the pit pass for Briscoe's kid has a little picture of a baby on it.

power blames announcers ! ha!

another title yr goin in tha crapper.
he deserves it.

power blames announcers ! ha!

another title yr goin in tha crapper.
he deserves it.
Doesn't matter if you were watching on TV or in person, it was obvious blocking. I don't know if he thinks everybody else is so stupid we'll believe his lines of bull**** or really thinks he's not to blame for all this crap himself.

I don't mind aggressive drivers but why does he never take the blame for what he does? I used to like Power but now he's just a jackass.

Wow - Will Power didn't even have the sense to be contrite after he was shown to be in the wrong. Most folks have enough sense to say they are sorry (even though the only thing they are really sorry about is getting caught).

about like Kyle today, had a great opportunity to make a joke or two after he ended up on his lid, but he acted like he was doing a favor to speak to the media. Power? what can ya say, he bites the hand that is feeding him, team mates, the media.

about like Kyle today, had a great opportunity to make a joke or two after he ended up on his lid, but he acted like he was doing a favor to speak to the media. Power? what can ya say, he bites the hand that is feeding him, team mates, the media.

Yeah...I almost admire people like that...going through life stress-free, never thinking you are wrong :idunno:

Yeah...I almost admire people like that...going through life stress-free, never thinking you are wrong :idunno:
Yeah I know what ya mean
upload_2014-7-6_15-40-43.jpeg

Well, congrats to Juan Pablo. I sorry for Tony Kanaan. He just can't get a friggin' break. What a shame!! :(

Doesn't matter if you were watching on TV or in person, it was obvious blocking. I don't know if he thinks everybody else is so stupid we'll believe his lines of bull**** or really thinks he's not to blame for all this crap himself.

I don't mind aggressive drivers but why does he never take the blame for what he does? I used to like Power but now he's just a jackass.

penske should make power watch his own interviews on mondays.....like a 100 times in a row !

My buddy texted me after the race and asked why JPM even bothered with his NASCAR experiment for 7 years.

Obviously the answer is $$$$$ but he sure looks like he belongs in open-wheel cars like a duck belongs in water.

penske should make power watch his own interviews on mondays.....like a 100 times in a row !

Yeah, like Paul Tracy said, Penske fired him (Tracy) after he made a lot of stupid aggressive mistakes on track. Power looks like he's doing the same thing, pissing away a championship lead. Cindric sounded pissed when Power almost hit Helio.

My buddy texted me after the race and asked why JPM even bothered with his NASCAR experiment for 7 years.

Obviously the answer is $$$$$ but he sure looks like he belongs in open-wheel cars like a duck belongs in water.

Yeah, like Paul Tracy said, Penske fired him (Tracy) after he made a lot of stupid aggressive mistakes on track. Power looks like he's doing the same thing, pissing away a championship lead. Cindric sounded pissed when Power almost hit Helio.

haven't followed indy real close .....but ain't this power's 3rd yr for title fk up ?

haven't followed indy real close .....but ain't this power's 3rd yr for title fk up ?
Technically fourth.

In 2010, he went into the final race with the points lead.
In 2011, he went into what would be the final race (not counting the canceled Las Vegas race where Wheldon was killed) with the points lead.
In 2012, he went into the final race with the points lead.

Before today he had a 39 points lead over Helio, now tied with Helio for first place (thanks to Pocono being a double points race).

Soo glad Juan got the win today, honestly I was hoping he'd have more wins this far into the season but maybe this win will be the start of a surge. Penske returns to victorylane in IndyCars at Pocono for the 1st time since Danny Sullivan in the Miller High Life Chevy 25 years ago...

Could be a trend in Indycar for Juan...first pitstop:

Crew Chief: "7th pit stall Juan...4 tires and fuel...and watch out for that speeding!"

JPM: "OK, remember to give the left front tire changer a hammer to knock off the left front wing thingy"

Soo glad Juan got the win today, honestly I was hoping he'd have more wins this far into the season but maybe this win will be the start of a surge. Penske returns to victorylane in IndyCars at Pocono for the 1st time since Danny Sullivan in the Miller High Life Chevy 25 years ago...

It does seem like he's getting more dialed in. It would be nice to see him have a run like he did in CART.

Just watched this one... **** yeah Juan!!!!!! I love it. He could win this championship. I also love/hate Will Power. He drives like an a**hole, and then acts like an embarrassed a**hole on camera, and you ALMOST feel bad for the guy.. So many dumb decisions.. Fkn Indycar. Love this ****.

Back
Top Bottom