Pocono RACE thread

When Gordon got around Kahne with like 8 laps to go, I turned it back to the IndyCar race. Looked like nobody would catch the #24. So, surprised to see the #5 won. Anyway, congrats to Kasey Kahne.

It certainly wasn't worthy of a caution flag.

Huh? That thing was huge, not to mentioned in the middle of the track.

Either way, the right car won today. Gordon had the thir best car, then the second best car.

I'm happy regardless.

Not everything is a conspiracy in NASCAR. Oh yeah lets help out Gordon get a win. lol ok.

why can't he come home 30th like everyone else that crashes? I hate to admit it, but he and that team might be a threat!
Completely agreed. I was "YES!"ing that fact that he finished out of the top ten. Didn't watch the race at all, and misread your post. o_O

There it is right there, Johnson was running on 7 cylinders. That's what they need to do, make Jimmy run on 7 to even it up.:)

Huh? That thing was huge, not to mentioned in the middle of the track.

Either way, the right car won today. Gordon had the thir best car, then the second best car.

I'm happy regardless.

Not everything is a conspiracy in NASCAR. Oh yeah lets help out Gordon get a win. lol ok.

Guess we'll have to agree to disagree on this one. If it were metal I could understand, but for a not-so-big piece of rubber, no.

I guess "huge" is open to interpretation. Even the announcers seemed a little skeptical when the ESPN cameras showed it.

But, if a car runs over, it could cause a tire problem. Or worse, it could become a projectile. Better to be safe, than sorry.

Kasey hanging on the outside and making it work was something to see. WTG, Kasey.

Guess we'll have to agree to disagree on this one. If it were metal I could understand, but for a not-so-big piece of rubber, no.

At almost 200mph that "not so big piece of rubber" could completely tear the front of a car and a serious crash could insued.

Stewarts crew walking around in their underwear during his interview...funny as hell!

didn't hear much about Kurt Busch pushing Kahne on the last restart. Kahne said something about it. good finish for Kurt.

didn't hear much about Kurt Busch pushing Kahne on the last restart. Kahne said something about it. good finish for Kurt.

Big , big race for the Furniture Row team . Kurt was the big factor in giving Kahne the push for the win. Like you, I didn't hear any analyst mention it . Another great run for Newman who was all but written off on this board . Congrats to Jeff Gordon; a win would have been huge today . Jimmy had a heck of a final ten laps , he went from 25th to 13th ,thank you for the points . Oh , and how bout Danica kicking Hamlin's ass . That dude is history.

Big , big race for the Furniture Row team . Kurt was the big factor in giving Kahne the push for the win. Like you, I didn't hear any analyst mention it . Another great run for Newman who was all but written off on this board . Congrats to Jeff Gordon; a win would have been huge today . Jimmy had a heck of a final ten laps , he went from 25th to 13th ,thank you for the points . Oh , and how bout Danica kicking Hamlin's ass . That dude is history.
I was watching Johnson and he wasn't moving, stuck in like 28th. I think it was the third or fourth pit he started moving up like crazy. The after race interview Jimmy said the hit knocked off a spark plug wire. if they had found that at the first, no telling where he would have finished.

Ugh. Can't believe Kasey was able to pass Jeff like that when Jeff had that large of a lead going into turn 1 on the final restart. Not happy that Jeff finished second!

Guess he wouldn't have had a shot to win anyway if not for the pathetic debris caution.

With car Kahne had, probably just about any of th guys out there could of won...that thing was on a rail

Ugh. Can't believe Kasey was able to pass Jeff like that when Jeff had that large of a lead going into turn 1 on the final restart. Not happy that Jeff finished second!

Guess he wouldn't have had a shot to win anyway if not for the pathetic debris caution.
You need to thank Kurt Busch for that, he pushed Kahne into the lead.

You're not happy Gordon finished 2nd? Ungrateful much?

Give me top 5 finishes from here until the chase and I'd be one happy camper. Gordon is barely scraping a top ten. Lets not get greedy here.

He said he didn't need to win, but he needed top 5's from here on out. You only get three extra points for winning, I know that is good, but next week you come in 20th and the three points for winning aren't that important as two top tens or better. just like how they make a big deal about winning in the chase. It is ten races, 480 points total..so you win 4 races during the season and get a whole 12 points head start? That could be wiped out by one top twenty in the chase.

Fell asleep, Kahne won, nice that guy didn't let me down. I said after Jimmie had his issue's that Kahne would step it up & he did, congrats...

Excellent race for 24 camp. A win is always better but a 2nd place finish is a huge confidence booster & makes you more hungry for a win. That team needed a finish like today's. Get those boys on a roll & watch out. Let the road course king work his magic next weekend

Kahne looked like he wanted it more. Jeff is steady but he drives more like Martin these days, great on long runs but those short runs and double file starts just dont work well for him, he has just become to much of a gentleman. Even with today's exception Kahne still took control.
I just dont think young Gordon would given the lead up late in the race like he did today.

Gordon said he thought he needed to block the low line & Khane rocketed by him on the outside line. Just should have zigged when he was supposed to zag. Gordon raced Khane very aggressive before the GWC caution. Khane just had a stronger car. All in all a great day for the 24 team - finally in a points position to be locked into the chase. With this boost of energy I'd bet Gordon will be a huge threat at the glen.

Kahne looked like he wanted it more. Jeff is steady but he drives more like Martin these days, great on long runs but those short runs and double file starts just dont work well for him, he has just become to much of a gentleman. Even with today's exception Kahne still took control.
I just dont think young Gordon would given the lead up late in the race like he did today.

I agree, Gordon is getting too nice in his old age. He drives best when he has a chip on his shoulder, like Homestead last year when he was pissed about the thing with Bowyer.

Back
Top Bottom