Poll: Racing-Forums twitter account?

Would you like to see R-F utilize twitter?

• Yes

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • No

Votes: 16 50.0%
  • Doesnt matter to me

Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Other: specify

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • what in the sam hell is a tweeter

Votes: 2 6.3%

• Total voters
Hendrick cheats, but they do it well. Most of the time anyways.

Most teams that cheat think they're smarter than they really are and they get caught doing something so stupid its obvious and when they get caught they always want to play the but..Hendrick does it.

I'm not saying the Hendrick guys are saints but compare to the ways other teams try to cheat and get away with, you might as well call them that. lol

I do own a Racing Forums Twitter account and was going to try to experiment with it in the manner you described - highlights from the forums, featured threads, "in case you missed it", etc... I made like two tweets a couple years ago, and then either the second thought, or lack of time, or both, caused me to not keep up on it. That second thought being much like what many have echoed here in the thread. Do we need more exposure to social media? Or maybe the real question is, do we need to force that exposure upon social media?

I'm not a huge fan of forums that go for quantity over quality (40 million users means nobody really gets anything meaningful across before it's lost in the sea of crap). I like organic growth. I like slow growth. I also like it when it's nice and stable too. It's good to make it easy to share and easy to participate, but it's another thing to impose the sharing upon the media. It's better when people share the forum--of their own accord--because they think it would bring value to those they share it with, and vice versa.

Personally, I think it's kind of tacky if a forum posts any or all of their threads over on Twitter and Facebook to get more eyeballs. I've seen that kind of thing and I tend not to even browse those forums.

I definitely appreciate the gesture, and I think it's best to leave it more to the organic slow and steady sharing. I wouldn't rule out "official" social media entirely, but I think if Racing Forums were to extend to other venues of social media, the conversations should be unique to those venues, tailoring to those formats, and not necessarily cross posting to/from here. #justsayin

I do own a Racing Forums Twitter account and was going to try to experiment with it in the manner you described - highlights from the forums, featured threads, "in case you missed it", etc... I made like two tweets a couple years ago, and then either the second thought, or lack of time, or both, caused me to not keep up on it. That second thought being much like what many have echoed here in the thread. Do we need more exposure to social media? Or maybe the real question is, do we need to force that exposure upon social media?

I'm not a huge fan of forums that go for quantity over quality (40 million users means nobody really gets anything meaningful across before it's lost in the sea of crap). I like organic growth. I like slow growth. I also like it when it's nice and stable too. It's good to make it easy to share and easy to participate, but it's another thing to impose the sharing upon the media. It's better when people share the forum--of their own accord--because they think it would bring value to those they share it with, and vice versa.

Personally, I think it's kind of tacky if a forum posts any or all of their threads over on Twitter and Facebook to get more eyeballs. I've seen that kind of thing and I tend not to even browse those forums.

I definitely appreciate the gesture, and I think it's best to leave it more to the organic slow and steady sharing. I wouldn't rule out "official" social media entirely, but I think if Racing Forums were to extend to other venues of social media, the conversations should be unique to those venues, tailoring to those formats, and not necessarily cross posting to/from here. #justsayin
YEP. And thank you.

Back
Top Bottom