Post 2022 Gen 7 Car Upgrades

I dont mind that, but as just said lets give them more power than they can use

Personally I could care less about the mufflers as long as it still has the V8 rumble. My question is how will it effect things like HP and torque curve?

Ryan Flores said on “Stackin Pennies” that they changed the lug nut this year. sorry I don’t have more info as he didn’t say much else. “Looks different, acts a little different”.

Just something to look out for.

Ryan Flores said on “Stackin Pennies” that they changed the lug nut this year. sorry I don’t have more info as he didn’t say much else. “Looks different, acts a little different”.

Just something to look out for.

I heard them talking about it on another show that I guess somehow they think it will give the driver a better indication of a loose wheel before it would come off. Unfortunately they didn't elaborate on it any further.

They did say its a new socket with different teeth in it for what its worth.

I think Jr. might have missed the memo. They changed the exhaust. They are running mufflers at the clash

New for this year:

NASCAR will give teams seven minutes on pit road to work on their cars if they are damaged in an accident. It was six minutes last year before being increased to 10 minutes for the Cup playoffs. NASCAR felt that was a little too long so has now made it seven, which should be enough time for a team to repair a toe link, a suspension piece that is susceptible to breaking despite having only minimal contact with the wall or another vehicle.

New for this year:

NASCAR will give teams seven minutes on pit road to work on their cars if they are damaged in an accident. It was six minutes last year before being increased to 10 minutes for the Cup playoffs. NASCAR felt that was a little too long so has now made it seven, which should be enough time for a team to repair a toe link, a suspension piece that is susceptible to breaking despite having only minimal contact with the wall or another vehicle.
So......... Is this saying that there was no significant upgrade to the toe link???? WTH????

Puposely sacrificial should not mean fragile.
If it was redesigned i missed it, but that's a good thing.
Not sure where SOI got this quote, but the author seems to insinuate that the toe link is still an Achilles heel.

Not sure where SOI got this quote, but the author seems to insinuate that the toe link is still an Achilles heel.
I think people aren't realizing how hard these cars are still hitting when they break this stuff and how tough this car is. Look at Bowman's wreck last year. The car finished the race and he was out several weeks with a concussion.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

It’s supposed to be the Achilles heel.

Hit hard enough and it breaks, taking the load away from the control arms and preventing either or both of them from breaking. Easier and faster to replace on pit road. That’s the point.

I think people aren't realizing how hard these cars are still hitting when they break this stuff and how tough this car is. Look at Bowman's wreck last year. The car finished the race and he was out several weeks with a concussion.

Just keep ignoring the problem and hope it goes away.

What problem is being ignored?

What problem isn’t being ignored LOL. Last I checked there was still a fire in the ****pit but supposedly it’s the “teams fault”, last I heard in the video Joey Logano still says the hits are pretty vicious.

Interesting stuff for sure.

What problem isn’t being ignored LOL. Last I checked there was still a fire in the ****pit but supposedly it’s the “teams fault”, last I heard in the video Joey Logano still says the hits are pretty vicious.

Interesting stuff for sure.
The question is still the same. What is being ignored?

They redesigned the rear structure of the car. Only car that started on fire appears to be an installation issue. I don't think either of those things are being ignored as nasar was all over the 54 and its the 1st race with the redesigned rear clip, so what more did you want them to do?

Back
Top Bottom