Pre-Race: 103rd Running of the Indianapolis 500

There was absolutely nothing he could have done in either wreck. Terrible luck to be put in that position twice and yet miraculous he walked away from both.
Yep, Chris Windom is blessed by two lucky escapes. And Friday night, he wrecked again - in much less spectacular fashion - during the Silver Crown race at I.R.P.

Hamilton continued to build his lead up through lap 63 when the caution came out for Chris Windom, who’s nightmarish 24 hours came to an end crumpled against the turn one wall after smoke poured from the back of the car entering one. Derek Bischak was also caught up in the incident, riding over Windom’s front end, putting an end to the evening for both drivers.

I am pissed off at the irresponsible reporting of the NBC/SN announcer who proclaimed that both Windom and Malukas were "moving around and OK" literally before the cars stopped sliding. Ridiculously premature to say that, even though it turned out to be true. Windom was moving his hands only. Malukas didn't move at all, and finally the camera cut away from his inert figure to show only the Windom car... always a bad sign.

It reminded me of the irresponsible reporting by Paul Tracy after Robert Wickens crashed at Pocono. Tracy tweeted "He is OK." Bad enough for a third-rate media hack... even worse for an ex-driver.

Cool video. To answer the question asked, the part of IMS that looked most different to me was, in 1966 the cars actually slowed down and pedaled it through the corners. It's such a quaint memory... sigh.

My guess is we are getting a dry green flag to start on time. Its nice to get in pre race activities dry .
A rain shortened race strategy should be in place though. They need to know exactly what to do
if a hard rain comes at or near half way. None of this make it up as we go.

Yep, Chris Windom is blessed by two lucky escapes. And Friday night, he wrecked again - in much less spectacular fashion - during the Silver Crown race at I.R.P.

I am pissed off at the irresponsible reporting of the NBC/SN announcer who proclaimed that both Windom and Malukas were "moving around and OK" literally before the cars stopped sliding. Ridiculously premature to say that, even though it turned out to be true. Windom was moving his hands only. Malukas didn't move at all, and finally the camera cut away from his inert figure to show only the Windom car... always a bad sign.

It reminded me of the irresponsible reporting by Paul Tracy after Robert Wickens crashed at Pocono. Tracy tweeted "He is OK." Bad enough for a third-rate media hack... even worse for an ex-driver.

Watch Windam closely as he is coming to a stop. He is moving his arms and his head. I was going to comment that he was still trying to drive the car with no operable tires on it.

If I was to make a bet I just might take Sato - which is funny since I always thought he was goof-ball until he won.

But he could revert to goof-ball status again - kind of like Clint in Nascar :D

Son just sent this to me, sitting in turn 3.
vVH0x0z.jpg

if he actually finishes the race under green I will be happy for him

I like the kid, he has plenty of potential. Its his consistency, staying out of the wall, and just his questionable decision making at times...

If I was to start a team, I would give him a shot. Karam wasted opportunities with Ganassi and Lexus but, if he does well today. He might be considered if DRR decides to get back into IndyCar on a full-time basis.

Back
Top Bottom