Pre-Race: 108th Indianapolis 500

Gearbox issues for Rossi, precautionary engine change for Larson this morning, and a blown engine for Pato during Indy GP warmup last weekend. Quite a run of mechanical issues on the McLarens so far this week.

Herta looks really fast. He's setting the car in places others won't, and still fast. Wish Larson would run some more laps
Malukas was up in the booth and really fond of how quick and comfortable all the Andrettis look in traffic.

Larson got about ten laps in race setup after the engine change, sounds like they’re still in the process of swapping over to qualifying setup. But they’re talking about how they’ll probably be so much pack running from the rest of the field that it’ll be tough to find space on track towards the end of the day.

Herta looks really fast. He's setting the car in places others won't, and still fast. Wish Larson would run some more laps
Really seems like stupid planning by the team, first they changed the engine and by the time he finally got out on the track he only ran a few laps, then they decided to shut it down and switch it over qualifying trim which takes several hours. You have drivers with like over 70 laps and Larson, who really needs the seat time probably more than anyone, and he has had hardly any laps.

Really seems like stupid planning by the team, first they changed the engine and by the time he finally got out on the track he only ran a few laps, then they decided to shut it down and switch it over qualifying trim which takes several hours. You have drivers with like over 70 laps and Larson, who really needs the seat time probably more than anyone, and he has had hardly any laps.

That is exactly what I was thinking without truly knowing how this works. Even if the original engine is at 98% seems like it would've made sense to just run a few dozen laps early on for more track time.

I don't know what the answer is but they need to do a major configuration to get rid of the pit road attenuator. They've been playing Russian roulette with that thing for 50...60 years whatever it's been.

I don't know what the answer is but they need to do a major configuration to get rid of the pit road attenuator. They've been playing Russian roulette with that thing for 50...60 years whatever it's been.
They’ve done a really good job packing that thing with padding over the years, but it’s one of those aspects of the track that will never not be at least a bit concerning.

They’ve done a really good job packing that thing with padding over the years, but it’s one of those aspects of the track that will never not be at least a bit concerning.
I'm looking at satellite image of it and I honestly can't think of how to change it. With the shape of the track even extending it all the way to the access road still creates weird angles.

I agree that they've done everything relatively easy thing that they can. I feel that next bad crash there they'll extend the barrier with temporary concrete to the 3/4 short chute and make pit entry be there.

I'm looking at satellite image of it and I honestly can't think of how to change it. With the shape of the track even extending it all the way to the access road still creates weird angles.
More crush space is about all they can do.

I was there. Savage hit the wall square in front of us. Hoffific doesn't quite described it.

Later we went to Burger Chef, and in the corner still in his firesuit was Johncock and his wife. We didn't bother him.
That’s a name I haven’t heard in years. I used to love Burger Chef when I was a kid. 😃

Today was looking to be a wash, but it’s dry and overcast. Good day for big speeds! Hope to see some 235s and maybe even a 236 lap.

Here's a new one... they've clarified the yellow... Snake on the track
He's an ex-snake now!

Felix got up to 6th and is currently 6th. They have had a solid start to the season and seem to get better every time out. If you show enough consistency, it will eventually pay off.

With tomorrow being in the low 80s/sun and Sunday approaching 90 degrees... wouldn't be surprised if the fastest speeds this May are this afternoon

Honda bringing in a new engine for Palou after some smoke trailed on his last Q sim.

Siegel reverting to Jack Harvey’s road course car for a backup.

Here's a new one... they've clarified the yellow... Snake on the track
Would that be Snake from the Car Acrobatic Team? I didn't see him on the entry list.

1715977058183.png

Back
Top Bottom