Proof that I always

I like 1 more day with family for team employees but don't like the weekend being so condensed and busy

I'm fine with whatever teams want pretty much

I don't have any issue with the two day show. I remember when a lot of the races were that way anyhow. Keeping teams at the track for another day is just a big drain on money and a further hardship on team members. I haven't looked at the schedules lately, but at least back in the day, when ARCA would run with Cup, we would get forced into a three day schedule, which amounted to another night sleeping in a strange bed and a LOT of time standing around without much to do.

I don't have any issue with the two day show. I remember when a lot of the races were that way anyhow. Keeping teams at the track for another day is just a big drain on money and a further hardship on team members. I haven't looked at the schedules lately, but at least back in the day, when ARCA would run with Cup, we would get forced into a three day schedule, which amounted to another night sleeping in a strange bed and a LOT of time standing around without much to do.
I dont want to hear about hardship on the team members. They fly every where they go thats over 4 hours ( some fly to all) , stay in nice hotels , get per diems that they cant spend all of during the weekend. I remember Practice on thursday, Qualifying on Friday, second round qualifying on Saturday then happy hour after that. I'm not saying go back to that type of schedule but we should have cars on the track on Fridays.

I dont want to hear about hardship on the team members. They fly every where they go thats over 4 hours ( some fly to all) , stay in nice hotels , get per diems that they cant spend all of during the weekend. I remember Practice on thursday, Qualifying on Friday, second round qualifying on Saturday then happy hour after that. I'm not saying go back to that type of schedule but we should have cars on the track on Fridays.

There SHOULD be cars on track on Friday. Xfinity, Trucks, ARCA, take your pick. With rare exceptions, NOBODY needs to be at the track more than two days, and the things you mentioned above are one of the big reasons. It's EXPENSIVE, and those Friday-Saturday track crewman could get more productive work done with another day to work in the shop.

There SHOULD be cars on track on Friday. Xfinity, Trucks, ARCA, take your pick. With rare exceptions, NOBODY needs to be at the track more than two days, and the things you mentioned above are one of the big reasons. It's EXPENSIVE, and those Friday-Saturday track crewman could get more productive work done with another day to work in the shop.
Takes Money to make money and the CUP cars on the track isnt gonna hurt production at the shop. Instead of flying out Thursday afternoon they are flying out Friday around noon.

Back
Top Bottom