R & D Center?

Ford 222

Team Owner
I heard the 17 and the 48 were taken to the R&D center after the race. What do they do with these cars? Is it to compare them for parity? Or just a more in depth inspection of cars randomly to see if teams are up to shenanigans? Why not take a Toyota if it’s for parity?
Thanks!

I heard the 17 and the 48 were taken to the R&D center after the race. What do they do with these cars? Is it to compare them for parity? Or just a more in depth inspection of cars randomly to see if teams are up to shenanigans? Why not take a Toyota if it’s for parity?
Thanks!

All of the above. And the cars they select are usually random, unless they suspect shenanigans. A lot of times, they're also looking at cars involved in wrecks to see where they can improve on safety.

Thanks!
Other than the winner, was there any Toyota's left in one piece?

Other than the winner, was there any Toyota's left in one piece?
So take the winner. He’s most likely a cheater if that is among the things they are looking at. Probably ought to take the 43 after that wreck….

48 and 17 went to R&D center for wind tunnel testing and the 43 went for crash testing...per Pockrass. They don't always take the winner.

As we found out last year there's nothing random about the "random" selection. It's someone they suspect or in the case of HMS last year someone they're mad at and are looking to stick it to. Generally a team that makes a big jump in performance in a couple weeks gets an invitation.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Thanks!
"Random" as I understand it. FWIW....NASCAR didn't see the need for any of that after The Chain Gang 1-2-3 in Martinsville. Nothing to see here. I think they are shenanigan seeking more than parity....I believe they dyno occasionally to check for parity on the motors. They already know about the bodies through the approval process.

"Random" as I understand it. FWIW....NASCAR didn't see the need for any of that after The Chain Gang 1-2-3 in Martinsville. Nothing to see here. I think they are shenanigan seeking more than parity....I believe they dyno occasionally to check for parity on the motors. They already know about the bodies through the approval process.
After they swallowed the yellow flag at Dega, and three blind miced it for jump start Denny, there are plenty of shenanigans to go around.

After they swallowed the yellow flag at Dega, and three blind miced it for jump start Denny, there are plenty of shenanigans to go around.
Conspiracy. Of course. Same thing. Got it.

They found Larson's roof rails, so there's that.

Back
Top Bottom