Race for the Championship

wi_racefan

Team Owner
Anyone else watch it? So far I think it was the best Nascar themed show I've seen. Clearly they've put some effort into this thing. Will be interesting to see if they continue follow these same drivers every week or do the more Drive to Survive style where every episode seems to follow a different team/driver.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

It's quite solid. Watching it this very second

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Looks a lot like Hard Knocks, down to the intricate drone shot at Hendrick Motorsports. I like the lack of narration, let your subject tell the story.

The ONE thing that stood out to me was how ugly the furniture in Jeff Gordon's office was. I wouldn't give that green chair Larson was sitting in to a homeless shelter. :)

I liked it well enough, I think the content and style have potential. The drone flythrough was badass film work.

Not sure who the target audience is though at 10 PM on a Thursday on USA between old movie/TV show reruns. 233k viewers for the premier…DTS worked well because it was placed front and center on a massive streaming service with a young subscriber base. Seems like it’s one of those things you have to go out of your way to watch and wouldn’t be aware of if you’re not an existing fan.

The highlight was riding along in Joey Logano's road car, and we see his wife's contact pop up on his blue tooth.

"My Hot Ass Wife"

"Hello darling".

Logano is a total and utter dork, and this episode did nothing to paint him as anything but.

And it was awesome. He may be the happiest guy in the sport.

The highlight was riding along in Joey Logano's road car, and we see his wife's contact pop up on his blue tooth.

"My Hot Ass Wife"

"Hello darling".

Logano is a total and utter dork, and this episode did nothing to paint him as anything but.

And it was awesome. He may be the happiest guy in the sport.

Logano is the epitome of being comfortable in his skin. Boo all you like, it slips off his teflon coating.
P.S. His Son was pinning it in his go-cart.

Logano is the epitome of being comfortable in his skin. Boo all you like, it slips off his teflon coating.
P.S. His Son was pinning it in his go-cart.
I've always enjoyed him, and at his absolute worst I was neutral.

Though sharing a birthday with him probably makes me biased.

Agreed though. There are some guys who try to convince you that they don't care what you think, then there are guys like Joey, who genuinely doesn't care..doesn't have to say it.

He and Kyle's reaction in the show to their 2017 run in sort of show's this.

Watched this week's episode earlier today and I have to admit so far this show isn't bad

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Netflix will air a new playoff/championship-focused docuseries consisting of five episodes in spring 2024. With Dale Jr. and the group behind The Last Dance (a fantastic docuseries itself) this should be a great storytelling.

Netflix is about a 100x better platform than being on USA at 10 PM Thursdays with a lead-in of Chrisley Knows Best. Probably not in the same magnitude as Drive To Survive but a big deal nonetheless.

Netflix will air a new playoff/championship-focused docuseries consisting of five episodes in spring 2024. With Dale Jr. and the group behind The Last Dance (a fantastic docuseries itself) this should be a great storytelling.

Netflix is about a 100x better platform than being on USA at 10 PM Thursdays with a lead-in of Chrisley Knows Best. Probably not in the same magnitude as Drive To Survive but a big deal nonetheless.

Yep, been listening to Bagley talk about his part in it for 5 minutes. You'd think it was all about him. The most narcissistic personality in this sport.

Back
Top Bottom