Race pics and experiences

@DC76 , I was staying at the Best Western as well, got there Wednesday the 12th PM and we to attended the Twins, Truck and Exfinity races. Wish we could have met up. :D

What did you think of the new Stadium style facility at the track? Escalators are the best thing ever at that track.

That $5.00 shuttle from the Best Western to the track was worth every penny for this old fart and his bride. :booya::punkrocke

Thanks for the great pictures.

@DC76 , I was staying at the Best Western as well, got there Wednesday the 12th PM and we to attended the Twins, Truck and Exfinity races. Wish we could have met up. :D

What did you think of the new Stadium style facility at the track? Escalators are the best thing ever at that track.

That $5.00 shuttle from the Best Western to the track was worth every penny for this old fart and his bride. :booya::punkrocke

Thanks for the great pictures.

I thought the facility was really nice. The escalators were great. I used the elevator also, but i don't think it was any faster. My tickets were in the 459 section of the tri oval club which had a great view of the whole track. If I'm lucky enough to go again I would probably sit somewhere in the 300 level. The 400 level got a little windy late in the afternoon. I moved around a lot for the trucks and xfinity race and I didn't find a bad seat. The 100 level was awesome watching the cars fly by at 200mph, but you can't see the whole track from there. The sights and sounds you get when attending a race in person can never be replicated by tv.
The shuttle was great. I used uber and it was about $15 to the track when the gates opened and jumped up to about $26 after the race. I found out about the shuttle when eating breakfast at the hotel and worked out a lot better.

IMG_0935.JPG
IMG_0937.JPG
IMG_0947.JPG
IMG_0945.JPG
IMG_0938.JPG
IMG_0936.JPG
If you find yourself in Daytona beach there's a bar/restaurant called cruising cafe. Not sure but I believe its on the corner of Atlantic and Main st. It had a pretty cool racing theme. The tables were race cars, cash registers were tool boxes, etc.

Test post from Martinsville late model race

Attachments

• 1005192023-1.jpg
    1005192023-1.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 404
I'll try to dig up some old pics my mom gave me years ago that she took on of our trips to riverside. They are from when they had the big wings and Petty's car was still just "Petty blue"- no STP red and Bobby Allison's coca cola car. Had some good memories going there as a little kid!

Reactions: Pat
We had a large time, stayed at the Beach 5 days and go to the first Nascar CUP Road Course Race at Daytona and celebrate 29 years of marriage, life is good. It was hot as hell for the Truck race at noon and the Cup Race at three, but, we went prepared for it.
Getting in was not bad at all, everybody was doing what they were suppose to and it moved along quite nicely.
We were in section 383 row 20 seat 9&10, had no one around us to speak of, everyone was spaced out nicely.

Anyway, we really enjoyed it.
Now the question you might ask. Will we go to another Nascar Cup Road Course Race at Daytona? Answer, No. It was fun to see the first one and like I said, we had a great time, but, we will go back for the SPEED that this track really is designed for. I know I was a big proponent, on this forum, of having a road course race at Daytona for a long time, well I want be championing it in the future. :)

Road Course 1.jpg

Road Course 2.jpg

My 75 year old father in law that's never been to a cup race before told me yesterday he wanted to go. I told him I didn't know if it was possible to get a ticket at such late notice with them having limited attendance but I would try. My customer service rep on tickets told me the event was sold out but occasionally a ticket or two will pop up as available again throughout the day and he would watch for that if I wanted one? Heck yeah!! keep your eyes peeled!! So he called back five minutes later, hey got you another ticket here not too far away from your other two there in Anniston tower, do you want it? Of course!! So I'm real curious as to how he reacts being at a race in person. He's kind of ho-hum about watching them on TV too much. He hasn't paid much attention to cup racing since Earnhardt Sr passed away.

My 75 year old father in law that's never been to a cup race before told me yesterday he wanted to go. I told him I didn't know if it was possible to get a ticket at such late notice with them having limited attendance but I would try. My customer service rep on tickets told me the event was sold out but occasionally a ticket or two will pop up as available again throughout the day and he would watch for that if I wanted one? Heck yeah!! keep your eyes peeled!! So he called back five minutes later, hey got you another ticket here not too far away from your other two there in Anniston tower, do you want it? Of course!! So I'm real curious as to how he reacts being at a race in person. He's kind of ho-hum about watching them on TV too much. He hasn't paid much attention to cup racing since Earnhardt Sr passed away.
That's awesome bud! Enjoy.

In talking about it on the way home the long walk to and from the car wasn't his complaint. He didn't like having to sit there for so long. He thinks the race was too long. I suppose you could call that the perspective of a casual fan. 500 miles is a lot and I understand there are many people who say we should have a lot less of those and a lot more 400 miles or less. They also claim shorter races ramp up the intensity. I get it, but I also do like some of the longer races.

At the Rolex 24

Attachments

• 304C039F-60E2-4B52-B5DE-070EE6BCC9AD.jpeg
    304C039F-60E2-4B52-B5DE-070EE6BCC9AD.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 273
  • 544C8456-127C-4072-9DF4-E243F5A8C153.jpeg
    544C8456-127C-4072-9DF4-E243F5A8C153.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 261
  • E3104F42-832F-4977-9CA0-69753B8E3D59.jpeg
    E3104F42-832F-4977-9CA0-69753B8E3D59.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 260
Day 2 menu

Attachments

• 0AFC5335-D58A-45E4-9646-18665BA7DFD5.jpeg
    0AFC5335-D58A-45E4-9646-18665BA7DFD5.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 243
Reactions: Pat
Cool pictures.. Last time i was there Chocolate Myers showed us around, got to see Larry Mac and his crew practicing making pit stops on the Mike Skinner Lowes number 31. been the a couple of times, thinking about going again." MUST SEE"
When Chocolate is there it is always a treat. Saw him a few times.

When Chocolate is there it is always a treat. Saw him a few times.
The first time i went there was in the mid 90's and they were working on the 3 cars. have to dig up the pics and post a few.

Back
Top Bottom