RACE thread --- Daytona 500

Screen up now
ERBQ4C-WkAMQ8HB

I hope they stop racing completely at Daytona and Talladega in the next few years. The races suck, it takes no skill, and create very dangerous wrecks.Also, I hope Newman is OK.

Thats never going to happen. Theyre the 2 most popular tracks for attendance and tv and theyre historically important.

They do need to figure out a way to change the racing tho that doesn't involve plates. Make them run smaller engines and run wide open or make it so they need to lift in ther turns.

I was talking about how the safety of this sport has been increased monumentally over the years with one of my relatives just yesterday. I sure hope and pray that it has done its job yet again. Nothing but positive thoughts for everyone involved. I'm going to be rooting for you on this one, Ryan Newman.

Started making dinner and don't even feel like eating, thoughts are with Newman

I was talking about how the safety of this sport has been increased monumentally over the years with one of my relatives just yesterday. I sure hope and pray that it has done its job yet again. Nothing but positive thoughts for everyone involved. I'm going to be rooting for you on this one, Ryan Newman.

If this was 2000's safety then Byron and Kez would both have died today.

No blame should be put on anybody. It's NASCAR racing and this could happen every week. Like President Trump said, these are some of the bravest people in America that do this and it's what makes NASCAR so great. Prayers for Newman for sure but he knew the risk and took them with a full heart.

I feel extra sorry for Ryan Newman's girls right now.
Mom and Dad announced they were separating last week.
And now the girls might have lost there father.
Praying for Ryan and his daughters.

I just looked at the replay several times. Blaney got squirrelly dropped to the bottom of the track and Newman blocked him.

Watching the clip back Newman hit the wall driver side head on, got hit by another car driver side then landed driver side after being in the air.

Hoping for the best and that the safety equipment held up.

If this was 2000's safety then Byron and Kez would both have died today.

Not sure about that. Those drivers survived some crazy stuff. Geoff Bodine's truck wreck was similar to Newman's wreck today. Petty got hit directly in the drivers side in '88 following his flip.

The bar that goes across the roof was named after some iirc after the roof collapsed. It might have been Sr. at Dega when he broke his sternum.

Newman’s team got word from the safety teams and walked back from the scene but didn’t say a word to the reporters asking questions.

I just looked at the replay several times. Blaney got squirrelly dropped to the bottom of the track and Newman blocked him.
Newman did not block. He held his
line in a slow arc. Please get some eyeglasses.

Watching the clip back Newman hit the wall driver side head on, got hit by another car driver side then landed driver side after being in the air.

Hoping for the best and that the safety equipment held up.
The hit in the door on top of the other car severely collapsed the driver side door and roof.
**** got punted like a football

Back
Top Bottom