RACE thread --- Indy

69624947.jpg

This strategy might not even result in a win if it works...they have to go too slow, Logano is already going to be passed

The problem with the Penske strategy is, the longer the race goes, the more laps will be run after the rest of the field pits and before the Penske's come in. This means more opportunity for cautions in that pit 'delta' (the word of the day, apparently).

The problem with the Penske strategy is, the longer the race goes, the more laps will be run after the rest of the field pits and before the Penske's come in. This means more opportunity for cautions in that pit 'delta' (the word of the day, apparently).
But this might be the only way to beat the 18 team, least they are trying I guess

Penske strategy makes no sense. It relies on a caution-free race, something NASCAR has allowed since 2002.
lol, I think you left out "not"

Penske strategy makes no sense. It relies on a caution-free race, something NASCAR has allowed since 2002.

no, cautions help them do it if they come before the normal pit window. After that is where it hurts.

After pitting, Penske cars are 8th and 22nd, 26 and 40 seconds back. This might work for Brad but I doubt Joey.

Haha, oops. Had to have a few beers to get through this race.

Ditto. The only drama in this is gonna be at the very end where we see if the Penske strategy can work.

Not necessarily. I think the only way this strategy would work is at a road course, Pocono, or Indy even if there would be cautions. Indy is big enough to where a driver could pit early in a run and not go a lap down, and this would benefit them whether a caution comes out or if it stays green for a while.

And a real caution for Biff

Back
Top Bottom