RACE thread ---- iRacing at Bristol

Alright that was fun now to go mow the grass

Fox and their race coverage is gonna have to evolve along with the drivers. Today was not entertaining.

Probably aim for less of a clown show (Bowyer and Larry included), and more of a respectful competitive environment. They threw away a lot of goodwill with this crapfest.
Sorry but nobody wants to watch robot announcers. Bowyer and Larry are awesome.

Dont they start the short track challenge on NBCSN this week?
yep. they could run them head to head or they could stagger them

Last edited:
Fox and their race coverage is gonna have to evolve along with the drivers. Today was not entertaining.

Probably aim for less of a clown show (Bowyer and Larry included), and more of a respectful competitive environment. They threw away a lot of goodwill with this crapfest.
Well Boyer is funny, and you aren't :idunno:

A fun escape turns into a sponsor backing down.

Dude, the PR team is replying to everyone who is ripping into Bubba. I think they are serious about not backing him.
That's taken all the fun out of this. Bubba having a fit and making smart remarks was bad enough, but the sponsor should not have
gone down to his level. And they certainly shouldn't be ripping into fans.
Bubba could have just gone dark, taken a break, and come back saying he lost the connection, or the dog disabled his computer. His smart remark set everybody off.

Sorry, I am not going to let the actions of a couple of others stop me from enjoying what I can about the series in these times.
Yep it's a fun distraction and gives us a couple hours of fun in these crazy times. And basically we get it almost everyday this week

That's taken all the fun out of this. Bubba having a fit and making smart remarks was bad enough, but the sponsor should not have
gone down to his level. And they certainly shouldn't be ripping into fans.
Bubba could have just gone dark, taken a break, and come back saying he lost the connection, or the dog disabled his computer. His smart remark set everybody off.
I understand entirely.

At the same time, Bowyer drove like a jackass. Admitted on a broadcast he tried to get back into Bubba, not to mention Logano blasted Bubba earlier in the rear by not checking up.

Bubba in 20 laps into a 150 lap event was out of quick repairs. Anyone would have been pissed in that situation. Especially professionals driving like they lost all forms of discipline because of a computer game and not the real thing. I agree with him leaving, but once again.

Anything Bubba does is magnified, even in the virtual world. I stand by that fact.

I thought it was pretty good except for the amount of cautions and I do think they should talk to Clint because it did look like he got away with too much. I was glad to see them kick Larson and Suarez because IMO most of them took it seriously the ones who don’t shouldn’t be asked back.

Finishing order

1586121810019.png

Yall the Mars Co. hasnt dropped Kyle Busch for trying to murder Ron Hornaday, looking like a 10 year old going after Logano and a host of other dumb antics. They understand the sport and how to leverage marketing

If Blue Emu drops Bubba Wallace over a video game and then lashes out at fans, they are a total **** company as a whole.

Yall the Mars Co. hasnt dropped Kyle Busch for trying to murder Ron Hornaday, looking like a 10 year old going after Logano and a host of other dumb antics. They understand the sport and how to leverage marketing

If Blue Emu drops Bubba Wallace over a video game and then lashes out at fans, they are a total **** company as a whole.

Kyle's pissy attitude and on/off-track antics are tolerated by sponsors because he's a dominating factor in the sport guaranteed to get some of the most TV time each season.

Bubba is a backmarker. Pure and simple. Lot's of drivers at similar talent levels going for similar prices (heck maybe cheaper without the Petty name/number who knows...). At this point I'd drop Bubba. He's got a poor track record for letting his emotions get the best of him in-the-moment. First with the intentional spin and bragging about how he got away with it, now quitting his job in front of a million people+. Kyle can pull that **** cuz he's not putzing around in 30th place week-to-week.

Kyle's pissy attitude and on/off-track antics are tolerated by sponsors because he's a dominating factor in the sport guaranteed to get some of the most TV time each season.

Bubba is a backmarker. Pure and simple. Lot's of drivers at similar talent levels going for similar prices (heck maybe cheaper without the Petty name/number who knows...). At this point I'd drop Bubba. He's got a poor track record for letting his emotions get the best of him in-the-moment. First with the intentional spin and bragging about how he got away with it, now quitting his job in front of a million people+. Kyle can pull that **** cuz he's not putzing around in 30th place week-to-week.
This is a video game.

Landon Cassill is unemployed and lost his ride.

Yet they back him. Damn, it makes a lot of sense.

RPM would have to close if they fired Bubba at this point. His sponsor WWT and Coca-Cola is the only thing keeping the team afloat along with the Air Force deal. Not a lot they can do at this point.

and here we have arrived at the problem.
Its televised on national TV Chex. Trust me, I agree with you, but business is business at this point. NASCAR has to pay the bills and FOX still needs to fill the open slots they have.

It should be simple to distract us, but its not. iRacing is legitimately filling the void of what the drivers would have been doing at this moment in physically racing.

The racing is virtual; unfortunately, the money and the egos are still real. It is probably best if iRacing is approached with a moderate degree of seriousness, and no more and no less. I do think there are some serious discussions to be had on who to invite back because it's apparent already there are some repeat offenders and clear distinctions between who is and isn't adept at this.

Its televised on national TV Chex. Trust me, I agree with you, but business is business at this point. NASCAR has to pay the bills and FOX still needs to fill the open slots they have.

It should be simple to distract us, but its not. iRacing is legitimately filling the void of what the drivers would have been doing at this moment in physically racing.
This would make sense if every major driver with the biggest sponsors in the sport were in the iRacing field and the tracks were making their profits each week.

I know the visuals are realistic enough to make Sundays cathartic again, but it’s still a video game and Blue Emu has a fragile management hungry for attention.

If it was as serious as you make it out to be Chase Elliott would be in the hole for quitting and Clint Bowyer would have Smithfield pissed at him for intentionally wrecking before lap 10.

Well there's a lot to unpack here.

On Sunday afternoon, Ben Blessing was in his home in Tennessee, running around his living room screaming, “I ain’t paying him a cent.”

“We aren’t sponsoring Bubba anymore,” Blessing told The Action Network. “Can you imagine if he did that in real life on a track?”

“I used to work in NASCAR and you aren’t going to find the dollar-for-dollar return on investment we were getting on this,” said Blessing, who declined to comment how much Blue-Emu was paying Wallace. “We thought this was a blessing in disguise for us. But then you find out that you aren’t sponsoring a NASCAR driver, you are sponsoring someone like my 13-year-old son who broke his controller playing some game where he builds houses.”
Blessing said that an official with Richard Petty Motorsports reached out to Blessing after the race and said they wouldn’t be invoiced for Bubba’s virtual sponsorship on Sunday.

Blue-Emu is sponsoring the races on a week-by-week basis. They also sponsor Landon Cassill.

“Landon has been a real pro,” Blessing said. “He’s practicing six to eight hours a day with our brand in the background.”

“can you imagine if he did that in real life at a track?”

Except he didn’t and this guy is smoking crack.

Hell, let’s up the ante. “Could you imagine if Jimmie Johnson beat his crew chief to death and ate his heart on live TV?”

Except he didn’t and that’s ridiculous.

The sport deserves a sponsor with half a brain.

And we’ve officially jumped the shark. Corporate bureaucracy is going to ruin what should be a playful escape from some difficult times. Don’t know what the **** Blu Emu is, but they can **** right off honestly.

Caveat. When is Bubba Wallace gonna learn a little situational awareness. We all have emotions obviously. But probably shouldn’t act like a 10 year old playing COD when you have a partner on board.

If it was as serious as you make it out to be Chase Elliott would be in the hole for quitting and Clint Bowyer would have Smithfield pissed at him for intentionally wrecking before lap 10.

I was going to say, I didn't watch, but didn't Bowyer act up and make smartass comments too? Yet, as usual, it's "funny" when Clint does it but it's a scandal when anyone else does.

Leave it to Corporate America to find a way to take the fun out of something. It's what they do best.

Back
Top Bottom