RACE thread ---- iRacing at Bristol

I knew I expected to see you again.

tenor.gif

You know me so well.

I'm in tears over my one of my guys leaving a virtual race. Whatever shall I do with myself.
Yall remember when Kyle Busch rage quit a real race and went on to have a successful career?

Nothing matters.

Such a bad look --

and he took a parting shot at the "video game". :XXROFL:

Yall remember when Kyle Busch rage quit a real race and went on to have a successful career?

Nothing matters.
Coach Gibbs.

Coach has saved that man on so many occasions, I cannot even count.

Yet, I'm over that conversation. Onto next week.

I'm starting to notice a negative pattern with Mr Wallace Jr. He has been in a lot of controversy lately and he seems to be taking the old saying "no press is bad press" to heart. Spin Gate / Water Bottle Gate / and now Tantrum Gate. :)

I'm starting to notice a negative pattern with Mr Wallace Jr. He has been in a lot of controversy lately and he seems to be taking the old saying "no press is bad press" to heart. Spin Gate / Water Bottle Gate / and now Tantrum Gate. :)
Yeah I don't know how long Wallace has been doing Sim races, but the majority of the field tonight had about two or three weeks of practice and they were bouncing around like pin balls. Bad hookup between Wallace and his sponsorship. Sponsor should have paid up for that race and because it was on a race to race basis anyway he should have gone down the road. I think they both have similar personalities with red hot tempers. Problem is if you want to act like a child you have to be good enough that sponsors will put up with ya. Wallace isn't that good.

Bubba very clearly has little emotional stability.
Unfortunately for him he also he doesn't have the talent or record compared to his more petulant peers for this to be marketable.

Bubba very clearly has little emotional stability.
Unfortunately for him he also he doesn't have the talent or record compared to his more petulant peers for this to be marketable.
He has the same emotional stability as a Tony Stewart, Kyle Busch, Kevin Harvick or Dale Earnhardt.

Sponsors and fans want outspoken personalities until they don’t.

He has the same emotional stability as a Tony Stewart, Kyle Busch, Kevin Harvick or Dale Earnhardt.

Sponsors and fans want outspoken personalities until they don’t.

Yes, because Bubba Wallace is on the same level as the names listed

yep, pretty much

The high-banked concrete track is probably the most difficult in the iRacing platform. It was so difficult that even at 32 entries, organizers knew the eNASCAR iRacing Pro Invitational Series event could be a crashfest.

This race fit in Byron’s wheelhouse, and he knew it. He also knew he had to win soon in one of these events as he pretty much had been anointed as the favorite in every race. The first three races have all been won by drivers who have significant experience at iRacing – Denny Hamlin, Timmy Hill and now Byron.

Yes, because Bubba Wallace is on the same level as the names listed
Wallace was done almost before he started

Bubba Wallace pretty much quit after two crashes – he would have used both of the fast-repair resets in the first 10 laps, and getting through the rest of the race without needing another probably seemed bleak.

So what’s the issue at hand?

The career success or the personality?
Want him to have success with the personality.

No Bubba is not in the same vein as them, but its just fun to kick the guy while he's down. He's unapologetic with no filter and yet folks praise others for having the same type of persona. He doesn't even delete his previous tweets that might seem wrong like from yesterday.

Welcome to NASCAR fandom in a nutshell. Ask and ye shall receive, but when we get it we want to return it because I don't like it. I'm glad I'm good at keeping my composure most of the time because no one wants to hear the truth of it all.

Kyle Busch has had issues with Mars and Sauter lost his GMS ride because he didn’t go to the team Christmas party - sponsor execs in attendance - in 2018. So it’s not like those guys are untouchable. Having success does give you leeway though, as does not already being in a precarious financial position.

The greater you are, the more leeway you get when you act up. Life isn’t fair sometimes
Ah so when a household name acts out its “ah thats just ol’ boy. Hell yeah brother!”

But when a less successful driver has the same attitude its “life isn't fair”.

Ah so when a household name acts out its “ah thats just ol’ boy. Hell yeah brother!”

But when a less successful driver has the same attitude its “life isn't fair”.

I don’t like everything Kyle Busch does, I’m not a groupie. But he has gotten multiple chances because he wins races. Ditto for Stewart, Harvick, and Johnny Sauter in the trucks. Bubba isn’t successful enough and doesn’t win enough to get away with his antics. Not to mention the team is short on money. I personally don’t care about what he did but this is the reason he is getting flack.

I’m Team Bubba for sure, but yesterday was a low point. Son you gotta reel that sh*t in. It’s a game, but it’s the only game right now. If you got that toxic energy, take it out on your drums.

I don’t like everything Kyle Busch does, I’m not a groupie. But he has gotten multiple chances because he wins races. Ditto for Stewart, Harvick, and Johnny Sauter in the trucks. Bubba isn’t successful enough and doesn’t win enough to get away with his antics. Not to mention the team is short on money. I personally don’t care about what he did but this is the reason he is getting flack.
oh so only the rich kids get to take part in the attitude era
giphy.gif

Everyone starts from somewhere.

Not everyone starts off with a top-tier car.

Well didn't he actually start out in KBM equipment? Not sure you could get anymore top-tier than that.

I like Bubba, but man alive he needs to get his poop in a group. He comes out saying he has depression, then goes on the Dale Jr download and says hes not getting treatment for it, then goes off about spinning out last year, then this.

He's got a future but every time he does stuff like this he just makes it harder on himself.

Well didn't he actually start out in KBM equipment? Not sure you could get anymore top-tier than that.

I like Bubba, but man alive he needs to get his poop in a group. He comes out saying he has depression, then goes on the Dale Jr download and says hes not getting treatment for it, then goes off about spinning out last year, then this.

He's got a future but every time he does stuff like this he just makes it harder on himself.
He bet on himself and left JGR. JGR only would have had him on a limited schedule back in 2015. So he asked for an early release from that contract and moved to Roush.

It's not a big deal at all to me, but its a business. It's the reason why the VP of Blue Emu got his undies in a wad.

Not everyone needs treatment or medication for depression either. I've had counseling for mine, about the closest thing to treatment as I've gotten.

he just makes it harder on himself.
oh yeah everything is his fault. From Roush closing the doors in the middle of a season while he was third in points all the way to Kyle Busch running him over at Watkins Glen.

You know if he would've stayed off Twitter and not said anything , this would've been a non-story
Did you see Blue Emu’s twitter charade afterwards?

oh yeah everything is his fault. From Roush closing the doors in the middle of a season while he was third in points all the way to Kyle Busch running him over at Watkins Glen.

Like I said I like the guy, but I don't who you are some of his actions on or off the track have been detrimental to his progression.

Honestly I can't for the life of me see how he doesn't pull some major sponsorship from somewhere, I mean how great of a story would it be to be part of a successful minority driver in the sport? But evidently sponsors see something in him they don't want to get behind whether it's on the track, at the track, in public or in the boardroom.

Did you see Blue Emu’s twitter charade afterwards?

Yes and I noticed it came AFTER Bubba's tantrum

Back
Top Bottom