RACE thread ---- iRacing at Bristol

Like I said I like the guy, but I don't who you are some of his actions on or off the track have been detrimental to his progression.

Honestly I can't for the life of me see how he doesn't pull some major sponsorship from somewhere, I mean how great of a story would it be to be part of a successful minority driver in the sport? But evidently sponsors see something in him they don't want to get behind whether it's on the track, at the track, in public or in the boardroom.
Uh, he's in the backmarker world, not much meat and a whole lot of potatoes.

Ah so when a household name acts out its “ah thats just ol’ boy. Hell yeah brother!”

But when a less successful driver has the same attitude its “life isn't fair”.
This. There's a reason that Stewart fans love to recite "oh shucks, that's just Tony being Tony" whenever he does something idiotic. I don't get it either...

source.gif
That sure is talent chugging coke products. I would rather have talent driving a race car. He had some success in the trucks.Maybe he should go back to trucks full time?

Settling grudges in a video game is better than doing it on a real track - and more entertaining.

This. There's a reason that Stewart fans love to recite "oh shucks, that's just Tony being Tony" whenever he does something idiotic. I don't get it either...
Probably because Tony is an Cup champion twice, cup Rookie of the year, an IndyCar champion, Indy rookie of the year, USAC Tripple Crown Champion, USAC midget car champion, IROC champion, R ya getting bored yet? two time Chili Bowl champion, on and on. Sorry all, life isn't fair. Bubba is a backmarker barely in the show every week. Sure he can act like a child it's his right, but nobody is falling over themselves offering him rides and more importantly sponsorship. I'm a fan that doesn't care if they goon it up or not, but Tony and the others named are good enough to be able to get away with it. Doesn't appear Bubba could with his chump change sponsor.

Probably because Tony is an Cup champion twice, cup Rookie of the year, an IndyCar champion, Indy rookie of the year, USAC Tripple Crown Champion, USAC midget car champion, IROC champion, R ya getting bored yet? two time Chili Bowl champion, on and on. Sorry all, life isn't fair. Bubba is a backmarker barely in the show every week. Sure he can act like a child it's his right, but nobody is falling over themselves offering him rides and more importantly sponsorship. I'm a fan that doesn't care if they goon it up or not, but Tony and the others named are good enough to be able to get away with it. Doesn't appear Bubba could with his chump change sponsor.
Please. Being a multi-champion does not give anyone carte blanche to act like a complete sociopath. One has absolutely zero to do with the other. Childish is childish regardless of how many trophies a person has.
You have actually confirmed my point.

Please. Being a multi-champion does not give anyone carte blanche to act like a complete sociopath. One has absolutely zero to do with the other. Childish is childish regardless of how many trophies a person has.
You have actually confirmed my point.
so you say, and you may be right, but in all of sports it is tolerated because they are "stars" Tony was/is a star. Bubba isn't

You can't win races if the car isn't good enough.

When Bubba had cars that could win, he ran up front, hell he won in the damn trucks as he had the equipment that was good. I doubt even Kyle Busch, Harvick, etc could win in the 43 car. He's been dealt a crap hand most of the time. As Chex said, dude was 3rd in Xfinity points when the team shut down. Dude has talent, but how can you show it when the car ain't got the power to let you?

Actually he has 3 cup championships lol!

You can't win races if the car isn't good enough.

When Bubba had cars that could win, he ran up front, hell he won in the damn trucks as he had the equipment that was good. I doubt even Kyle Busch, Harvick, etc could win in the 43 car. He's been dealt a crap hand most of the time. As Chex said, dude was 3rd in Xfinity points when the team shut down. Dude has talent, but how can you show it when the car ain't got the power to let you?

The 43 is for sure not a top ride ride but IMO Almirola got more out of the 43 then Bubba has. It sucks that bubba can't get a better ride but when drivers with better resumes like Chris Buescher are stuck in mid pack rides I don't feel too bad for him.

The 43 is for sure not a top ride ride but IMO Almirola got more out of the 43 then Bubba has. It sucks that bubba can't get a better ride but when drivers with better resumes like Chris Buescher are stuck in mid pack rides I don't feel too bad for him.
It's interesting the ol' if he, insert name here, had a better ride gets brought almost every time. Wallace and others for that matter have a pretty long resume before they ever get to the cup level and how marketable with sponsors they are is always a tie breaker it seems. It is possible that could change with the new car being cheaper. The driving performance could be the most important aspect.

Dude, you bring this up again. This team is different than it was.

Smithfield brought in more money than Bubba's sponsors combined. Smithfield cut a pretty big check to be on the 43.

Not to mention, the team was bigger with more personnel. This team downsized, lost many engineers, and moved in with RCR's shop. The team was on the verge of shutting down last year without Dave Steward cutting another check. This team is trending upwards its been a slow, but steady rebuilding. Petty has been happy and so has Murstein with Bubba.

This team has been receiving second hand equipment for a while now. I think they said they bought "new" chassis, but how new and up to spec is it really with the likes of Reddick and Austin Dillon? We don't know that information anymore, so I'm skeptical about what is truly "new" in this sense.

Smithfield backed the team for the majority of the season once they came along in 2013. The performance of RPM improved because of it, not a bunch of one offs. WWT at most has sponsored 10-12 races a season, the Air Force has increased their exposure on the car. Still that's what 6 races maybe? Ford Performance with Roush chassis and Roush-Yates engines made a difference as well.

This team is not the same it was. I'm a firm believer of it.

I still stand by what I said.

Dude, you bring this up again. This team is different than it was.

Smithfield brought in more money than Bubba's sponsors combined. Smithfield cut a pretty big check to be on the 43.

Not to mention, the team was bigger with more personnel. This team downsized, lost many engineers, and moved in with RCR's shop. The team was on the verge of shutting down last year without Dave Steward cutting another check. This team is trending upwards its been a slow, but steady rebuilding. Petty has been happy and so has Murstein with Bubba.

This team has been receiving second hand equipment for a while now. I think they said they bought "new" chassis, but how new and up to spec is it really with the likes of Reddick and Austin Dillon? We don't know that information anymore, so I'm skeptical about what is truly "new" in this sense.

Smithfield backed the team for the majority of the season once they came along in 2013. The performance of RPM improved because of it, not a bunch of one offs. WWT at most has sponsored 10-12 races a season, the Air Force has increased their exposure on the car. Still that's what 6 races maybe? Ford Performance with Roush chassis and Roush-Yates engines made a difference as well.

This team is not the same it was. I'm a firm believer of it.

Lighten up, Francis. Where in my post did I say the equipment was exactly the same? However even with full funding RPM was a mid pack team, and I think Aric did a better job. Compare there stats head to head in 2017 in equal equipment. Aric had 3 top 5s, 6 top 10s. Bubba had no top 10s when he filled in for him. That’s not to say bubba sucks but he’s not some otherworldly talent either. He’s a good driver in underfunded equipment like a bunch of guys out there are. Greg Biffle and Matt Kenseth got kicked to the curb prematurely, with way better careers. Bubba should be thankful to have a ride

Lighten up, Francis. Where in my post did I say the equipment was exactly the same? However even with full funding RPM was a mid pack team, and I think Aric did a better job. Compare there stats head to head in 2017 in equal equipment. Aric had 3 top 5s, 6 top 10s. Bubba had no top 10s when he filled in for him. That’s not to say bubba sucks but he’s not some otherworldly talent either. He’s a good driver in underfunded equipment like a bunch of guys out there are. Greg Biffle and Matt Kenseth got kicked to the curb prematurely, with way better careers. Bubba should be thankful to have a ride
Biffle and Kenseth's careers got cut short because of a changing economy. Guys who came in cost significantly less than they did. It sucks, I miss the older heads of the sport still being involved. Time moves on though.

Never said Bubba was a superstar, I think given a better opportunity, he would be similar to Almirola honestly. Almirola honestly looked better in the 43 than he has the 10 car, I would like to see him compete more consistently.

I stand my ground though with the guy, but I don't know what his ceiling or floor could be at this point. He did well in the replacement races, just short of that top 10 at Kentucky. I'm curious if RPM will keep him after this season if these outbursts continue. He has to perform or get replaced in the end because guys like Cassill, Hill, and others are trying to use this platform to buoy themselves... So far, its working for them.

Biffle and Kenseth's careers got cut short because of a changing economy. Guys who came in cost significantly less than they did. It sucks, I miss the older heads of the sport still being involved. Time moves on though.

Never said Bubba was a superstar, I think given a better opportunity, he would be similar to Almirola honestly. Almirola honestly looked better in the 43 than he has the 10 car, I would like to see him compete more consistently.

I stand my ground though with the guy, but I don't know what his ceiling or floor could be at this point. He did well in the replacement races, just short of that top 10 at Kentucky. I'm curious if RPM will keep him after this season if these outbursts continue. He has to perform or get replaced in the end because guys like Cassill, Hill, and others are trying to use this platform to buoy themselves... So far, its working for them.

Fair enough, Aric was impressive in 2018 but has slipped the last year or so. He needs to step it up. As for Bubba, I think the guy has plenty of talent, just needs to get his head on straight. Unfortunately if he screws the pooch with this ride I’m not sure if he’ll get another chance in cup or not. He may be another career Truck or Xfinity guy, which there is nothing wrong with

I still say SHR equipment is overrated, because nobody but Harvick has done a whole lot with it since 2011

I still say SHR equipment is overrated, because nobody but Harvick has done a whole lot with it since 2011

Kurt is far and away leading that category. 6 wins, 11 poles, almost 2K laps led in his time in the #41.

Back
Top Bottom