RACE thread ---- Open and All-Star

No surprise most popular driver wins the new all star race, with a bunch fans, super predictable, but the car was fast on the long run.

Blaney was awesome, Kyle didn't have the car. 12 did but never had the track position.

Nice Cliff Daniels and HMS for giving Jimmie absolute **** in his last all star race. Basically a last place finish.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
When he does give JJ a winning car, Jimmie finds a way to wall it.

When he does give JJ a winning car, Jimmie finds a way to wall it.
Yep. Doesn't make a **** car in the last all star race any less disappointing though.

Kyle would legit pull a Lizzie Borden on Brexton and Samantha if it meant he’d win an Xfinity or Truck race, but he seems indifferent about finishing 2nd in a million dollar winner take all cup race. Weird dude

Given the nature of the All Star and returning to Bristol, I fully expected the 22 to knock Chase into next week. Thankfully I was wrong.

Much respect to Jimmie, but... given the Golden Horseshoe he seemed to have for so many years, I have a hard time mustering sympathy for him or his fans. You had plenty of time in the sun.
I loathed Jimmie up until 2010ish and was a diehard Edwards fan since his rookie season. Prior to that, I was a Ricky Rudd can. I didn't become a fan of Jimmie as *my guy* until around 2017ish actually. So that time wasn't in the sun, it was in the rain as Edwards lost a championship in 2008, 2011, and 2016. I hopped on board the Jimmie train when Edwards retired.

I have never seen "my driver" win a championship in my 23+ years as a fan.

Given the nature of the All Star and returning to Bristol, I fully expected the 22 to knock Chase into next week. Thankfully I was wrong.
I think these guys get over **** really quickly.

Unless your Matt Kenseth.

I loathed Jimmie up until 2010ish and was a diehard Edwards fan since his rookie season. Prior to that, I was a Ricky Rudd can. I didn't become a fan of Jimmie as *my guy* until around 2017ish actually. So that time wasn't in the sun, it was in the rain as Edwards lost a championship in 2008, 2011, and 2016. I hopped on board the Jimmie train when Edwards retired.

I have never seen "my driver" win a championship in my 23+ years as a fan.

Didn’t know your story. Very interesting you’d pick one of your guy’s arch nemeses as your next favorite. I was a Bill Elliott then Ward/Jeff Burton fan, so last title I witnessed was 1988 when I was 10. So, there, you managed to muster sympathy for you at least. *raises glass*

Has Kyle Busch (at age 35) lost a step?
Kyle is going to get burnt out in the next 5 years imo.

Anyways congrats to Chase and his fans.

If they continue to do it at Bristol, they should do a

75, 50, 35, 25. Track needs to rubber up a bit more.

Didn’t know your story. Very interesting you’d pick one of your guy’s arch nemeses as your next favorite. I was a Bill Elliott then Ward/Jeff Burton fan, so last title I witnessed was 1988 when I was 10. So, there, you managed to muster sympathy for you at least. *raises glass*
It was a reaction form really. I supposed my fandom now towards Jimmie represents the nostalgia of when I REALLY fell in love with NASCAR around 2005. I always loved it, but didn't follow it religiously until I went the Brickyard in 03. Once I really dove into the sport, Jimmie was the guy to beat. I was a young teen ager and naive, so I suppose Jimmie is what remains of my childhood nostalgia fandom for NASCAR, and that is what I'm grieving here and projecting. As well as Carl Edwards never winning a title and retiring abruptly.

2011 was very difficult.

1594868419380.png

Back
Top Bottom