RACE thread ---- Open and All-Star

I didn't get to watch the race because I was slot car racing, but good job by the 9 and 88 teams.

Kyle is going to get burnt out in the next 5 years imo.

Anyways congrats to Chase and his fans.

If they continue to do it at Bristol, they should do a

75, 50, 35, 25. Track needs to rubber up a bit more.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
The PJ1 comment should be on this post

I havent read the comments in this thread so this may have been mentioned but last night's coverage of the race really sucked.

In the 3rd stage they went to commercial and Chase Elliot was in 3rd or 4th place charging. They said they were going to split screen during the break so we could watch the race. But they didn't. When it got back to the race I think Mike Joy or someone said "well, as you saw on split screen Chase Elliot took the lead" but of course we didn't see that.

Another thing I thought sucked in that last 15 lap stage was the cameras showed Kyle Busch trying to run down Chase but never really showing that he had a car near as good. So while watching that boredom Harvick with 4 fresh tires charged from 8th to finish at 3rd but that apparently wasnt interesting enough to cover even a little bit.

And why the heck doesnt Fox time pit stops? I like to see pit stop times. All season long they just show pit stops with no times. Glad they're done broadcasting.

I havent read the comments in this thread so this may have been mentioned but last night's coverage of the race really sucked.

In the 3rd stage they went to commercial and Chase Elliot was in 3rd or 4th place charging. They said they were going to split screen during the break so we could watch the race. But they didn't. When it got back to the race I think Mike Joy or someone said "well, as you saw on split screen Chase Elliot took the lead" but of course we didn't see that.

Another thing I thought sucked in that last 15 lap stage was the cameras showed Kyle Busch trying to run down Chase but never really showing that he had a car near as good. So while watching that boredom Harvick with 4 fresh tires charged from 8th to finish at 3rd but that apparently wasnt interesting enough to cover even a little bit.

And why the heck doesnt Fox time pit stops? I like to see pit stop times. All season long they just show pit stops with no times. Glad they're done broadcasting.

Agreed. The Choose Cone was a huge deal and a great part of strategy, and I don't think they showed the selection point once. Only way I knew it existed was listening to scanner app and hearing spotter say "choose cone this lap." Train a camera on the square and show the field pick their lane! FWIW, I also think the choose cone rule should be here to stay.

Must have been your feed because it was on split screen for me

I'm not sold head over heels with the choose cone. It could be because it was a short track, maybe not, but the lead car every time was way out front, huge advantage.

The Choose Cone seem to have more of an impact on the All Star Open because drivers were willing to take more risks. Wasn't a lot of risk taking in the ASR.

I think the choose cone is still a great idea but maybe stack the drivers up single file more and slow em down. They were able to choose so fast that it’s nearly impossible for the driver, maybe the spotter, to decide based on where everyone else went. Even Kevin Harvick said the same and that you basically just chose the lane the guy infront of you didn’t.

I’m with Harv here

Yeah, underglow was a fail, but didn't mind it for a 1 off thing. If they were going to really do it, needed to be showing under the whole car and leaking into the cckpit/backwindow area, only glowing out the back was wack. Allowing them to custom match the lights to the paint scheme would have looked better, but all a moot point when the track is too lit up with lights to get the desired effect. Chase's burnout at the end didn't even make the tire smoke glow amber color. Probably throw in the towel on this one imo.

Car numbers and sponsor name placement I thought were excellent on those that actively tried to make it an improvement.

Underglow isn't going to work with the age group around here. Like Harv said at 40 something, my 8 year old thought it was cool.

NASCAR wants that demographic
sure. Most of us self centered to the extreme can't see the big picture sometimes. All the crying and whining about number placement before the race and most ended up thinking it wasn't bad. It sure looked good from a sponsor standpoint...THEY were who that was for, the lights were for the younger demographic. Neither changed the racing on the track one bit. But I bet there will be lit up diecasts galore.

sure. Most of us self centered to the extreme can't see the big picture sometimes. All the crying and whining about number placement before the race and most ended up thinking it wasn't bad. It sure looked good from a sponsor standpoint...THEY were who that was for, the lights were for the younger demographic. Neither changed the racing on the track one bit. But I bet there will be lit up diecasts galore.

LOL the only thing louder than most NASCAR fans whining is the engines on race day.....maybe :D

I watched on the Fox Sports app and they did go side by side on the app...still a crappy time for a commercial break.

Priced the same as regular die casts. Not a bad deal Too bad it doesn't ship until after Christmas.
It's the "cheaper" ARC style diecast. They said that they couldn't produce the Elites with light because of trunk detail and lack of space (for battery I presume).

Reactions: Pat
It's the "cheaper" ARC style diecast. They said that they couldn't produce the Elites with light because of trunk detail and lack of space (for battery I presume).
Oh. That's understandable. It wouldn't be bad though if they could replace the fuel cell with the battery. Or better than that, use a watch battery. Just a thought

Oh. That's understandable. It wouldn't be bad though if they could replace the fuel cell with the battery. Or better than that, use a watch battery. Just a thought
I think that's what they're doing. The ARC doesn't have an opening trunk.

Reactions: Pat
Back
Top Bottom