Racer goes airborne lands on pace car

Holy ****

is that a pole in the middle of the dirt ramp he launched off?

iu

A good reminder to track owners and sanctioning bodies. There isn't a place at a race track that a wrecking car can't end up. Plan and protect accordingly. :)

I have seen a lot of nasty possibilities and wrecks at the local tracks. They were mostly around the pit road entrance, and the pit road and track exits, I think they have improved.
Guard rails and shreaded cars are less common too.

A good reminder to track owners and sanctioning bodies. There isn't a place at a race track that a wrecking car can't end up. Plan and protect accordingly. :)
We could take all the dirt on the inside of that track and put it on the outside of the tracks that have no walls!

I have seen a lot of nasty possibilities and wrecks at the local tracks. They were mostly around the pit road entrance, and the pit road and track exits, I think they have improved.
Guard rails and shreaded cars are less common too.
The worst non-sprint car non-Indy crash I saw last year was a tour type modified go head on into a tractor tire protecting the pit area entrance right at the entrance to turn 1.

I remember a race at Greenville Pickens in early 1980s. A Harley Davidson rider decided he was ready to leave in the middle of a Super Late Model race. He was in the infeild and at that time you could still exit the infield from turn one and circle around the actual track to the turn three exit gate, meaning he was exposed to race traffic for half a lap.
The flag man stopped the race and they let him out before resuming the race. I don't know the rest of the story I hope the Pickens county deputies were outside to greet and do a soberity test.
It could have been a disaster and a nightmare.

The worst non-sprint car non-Indy crash I saw last year was a tour type modified go head on into a tractor tire protecting the pit area entrance right at the entrance to turn 1.

The first ARCA race I ever worked, a driver (Scott Baker) was killed by sliding sideways into an excavator tire "barrier" in the infield at Toledo Speedway. Happened RIGHT in front of me.

Back
Top Bottom