racing-forums.com Deathbed - Nascar section

I'm still trying to figure out why anybody would get riled up by something said here in the first place. It's a freakin racing chat forum for God's sake. Who CARES if somebody has a different opinion than you do? At the end of the day none of this matters one iota, so either jump in and sling opinions, sit back and just see what everyone else is saying, or go find something else to do with your time. I don't understand why certain people always want to make things so personal, and I don't understand why people get so worked up when someone DOES make it personal. There are at least two forum members who CLEARLY don't like ME. So what? It doesn't change a damn thing. I say what I want to say and I try to treat people with with respect whether they agree with me or not or whether they like me or not. I try to have conversations with people and not only find out what they think but why they think it, even if I think it's gibberish. If someone has an opinion I disagree with, I try to counter with actual proven facts and or a detailed opinion what I think, not just shout somebody down and tell them they are wrong. To quote one of my favorite characters in a movies series, "Why is this so hard?

Well said and I agree. Some people take everything personally and a few of us just let it roll off our backs.

I think some people live to be outraged and others have never acquired the essentials to properly engage in a back and forth. Some people have terrible self esteem and forums always attract narcissists and those that can’t gain an inch in the real world.

It’s one big mish mash of ages and stages of life and the well and poorly adjusted. None of this should induce the level of anger we see so often with 1-2 people

There are some who's only intent is to try to bring out the worst in other people, they are called 1%ers. they don't last long on other forums. Here they cause argument after argument.

Wow, I'm gone for about a week, TRL quits, and the place falls apart! What did I miss?

You didn’t really miss anything. Some people think the forum sky is falling, a couple are mad as hell because they can’t have their way and it is the off-season

What did I miss???

EDIT: well, I see my post in the Samantha Bush thread is gone...wtf?

There are some who's only intent is to try to bring out the worst in other people, they are called 1%ers. they don't last long on other forums. Here they cause argument after argument.

As TRL said it takes 2 to argue as a person can’t argue with themselves. I’m sorry that there are people that bring out the worst in you but as an adult it is incumbent upon you to learn how to control yourself. You can’t blame acting up and playing fool on others as how you govern yourself is 100% your responsibility

As TRL said it takes 2 to argue as a person can’t argue with themselves. I’m sorry that there are people that bring out the worst in you but as an adult it is incumbent upon you to learn how to control yourself. You can’t blame acting up and playing fool on others as how you govern yourself is 100% your responsibility
:XXROFL:

I think those who are unhappy with the forum should simply leave the site and find some real life NASCAR friends. Shoot, that's what I would do if I was actually a people person. Drama has always been part of the Internet and it always will be. There's no escaping it, regardless of which site you use. I personally haven't noticed much change here since first joining several years, but maybe I just dont pay enough attention or maybe I'm just visiting the wrong threads.

Yep, I was correct. In reading this thread those that don't like the facts of NASCAR's decline are attempting to either get the NASCAR deathbed thread removed, moved, or locked.

It is interesting to see that many of those that have chimed in don't seem to think that they themselves have posted some pretty nasty comments in the past. Many of which have had to be removed. (Yep, I've had some of mine removed too).

I think those who are unhappy with the forum should simply leave the site and find some real life NASCAR friends. Shoot, that's what I would do if I was actually a people person. Drama has always been part of the Internet and it always will be. There's no escaping it, regardless of which site you use. I personally haven't noticed much change here since first joining several years, but maybe I just dont pay enough attention or maybe I'm just visiting the wrong threads

Great points and great advice. Lots of drama, bellyaching and handwringing

First, the site needs more moderators. You can't expect one or two people to handle a site this big.

Second, we need to ignore the trolls. We all know who they are. You don't need to literally "ignore" them, just STOP TAKING THE BAIT by responding to their BS. It's the constant back and forth between two people that gets old real quick. Stop trying to get the last word in and let it go.

When it comes to your post count, quality over quantity. Don't be a post whore.

BTW, why would it be OK to chat about the salaries of the drivers, crew members, the TV contract, the changes coming to the schedule in 2 years in the NASCAR chat section but we'd have to move the TV ratings and the attendance somewhere else? It is all related to the sport. Maybe we should remove anything the drivers post about their families, and their personal lives on social media. After all, that isn't racing related. :eyeroll:

BTW, why would it be OK to chat about the salaries of the drivers, crew members, the TV contract, the changes coming to the schedule in 2 years in the NASCAR chat section but we'd have to move the TV ratings and the attendance somewhere else? It is all related to the sport. Maybe we should remove anything the drivers post about their families, and their personal lives on social media. After all, that isn't racing related. :eyeroll:
yep it would fit right in at the chit chat section.

This cannot be topped!!! hehehehehehe!!!!!

First, the site needs more moderators. You can't expect one or two people to handle a site this big.

Second, we need to ignore the trolls. We all know who they are. You don't need to literally "ignore" them, just STOP TAKING THE BAIT by responding to their BS. It's the constant back and forth between two people that gets old real quick. Stop trying to get the last word in and let it go.

Why on earth would anyone care about post count? Your advice is wise though as people should ignore those they dislike or can’t handle

I think if someone’s miscarriage can be spoken of in the nascar section then ratings, attendance, salaries, tv contracts and things like that can be discussed too. If SOI would stay away from that stuff he would do himself a huge favor and it would be good for us too.

I think if someone’s miscarriage can be spoken of in the nascar section then ratings, attendance, salaries, tv contracts and things like that can be discussed too. If SOI would stay away from that stuff he would do himself a huge favor and it would be good for us too.

iu

LMAO dude, lets be quite fair about all this, you are always ready to argue and throw out the snark. I mean seriously, if you were a little angel it would be one thing ... but you aren't. Of course, I don't claim to be one either.

LMAO dude, lets be quite fair about all this, you are always ready to argue and throw out the snark. I mean seriously, if you were a little angel it would be one thing ... but you aren't. Of course, I don't claim to be one either.

C’mon.........SOI is as pure as the driven snow!

Yes, but he could also cause a lot of trouble starting senseless arguments. He'd get into a flame war and
send out an SOS to all the mods to come back him up. They got tired of trying to keep the lid on and left.
I guess I was just dumb enough to think I could help keep the place running.
Got tired of asking adults to behave like adults. So I quit.
I made suggestions to fury and Mag. The steering wheel is in their hands now.
But any sane person would turn it down. Maybe I finally came to my senses.
I know pretty much none of you value my opinion here, but I'm going to give anyway...because well ..I can. There are certain people here who manipulate a thread, discourage opposing opinions, and who think their crap doesn't stink...pretty sure all of you know who I'm referencing. When an opinion by a poster goes against what these two think , that poster is put down and belittled. I've seen it here in the NASCAR chat a lot in the last 2 years. A civil discussion can be had here quite easily if these said posters would be more tolerant of others opinions.

Nope he isn't, not by a long shot.

It was being discussed in the Banquet thread, so your post was moved there.
https://racing-forums.com/threads/2018-cup-awards-ceremony.66224/ Post #25

Then another thread was started.
Who is doing this moving are you or some one who has taken over for you? I think we all deserve to know who is moderating the forum now. It used to say "Moderstor" next to a nickname, now nothing. It's like stealth mode moderation, not cool...and no explanation of why a post gets deleted, again not cool.

There’s a few A-holes here, both in and out of The Podium.
The NASCAR-can-do-no-wrong crowd has a problem dealing with NASCAR criticism. Just because there’s racing doesn’t mean it’s good. Stats support my POV.
The Podium dreads get put on ignore. There’s five idiots that add nothing whenever they post.
The site will suffer without the TRL moderation. Not sure how she did it by herself for so long.
One new mod isn’t capable of replacing TRL.
I tried to urge civility in The Podium and it didn’t work. The same clowns are still on ignore. The ignore feature works if you don’t click on the “show ignored content” link.
I’m not sure how long this place will be here but overall it’s been enjoyable.
Fury started a thread asking if we like this place. I suspect it was spurred by TRL getting ready to bail. It’s difficult for people to bite their tongues. I’m an offender but for the most part my targets were deserving. Some people just can’t stop attacking and that’s why they’re on ignore and that’s why this place will eventually fail.
Enjoy it while it’s here.

The site will suffer without the TRL moderation. Not sure how she did it by herself for so long.
One new mod isn’t capable of replacing TRL.

TRL should not have been burdened with trying to do it alone. I think this place needs 3-5 semi-active mods. @pjmolo , @gnomesayin , @LewTheShoe , @ToyYoda , @dpkimmel2001 .......any volunteers? :D

Some people just can’t stop attacking and that’s why they’re on ignore and that’s why this place will eventually fail.
Enjoy it while it’s here.

It doesn't have to fail. If the admins decide they don't want/need to appoint more mods, we just need to take matters into our own hands. We can "self-police" the trolls away.

Who is doing this moving are you or some one who has taken over for you? I think we all deserve to know who is moderating the forum now. It used to say "Moderstor" next to a nickname, now nothing. It's like stealth mode moderation, not cool...and no explanation of why a post gets deleted, again not cool.
I moved it. About the last thing I did before hanging it up.

TRL should not have been burdened with trying to do it alone. I think this place needs 3-5 semi-active mods. @pjmolo , @gnomesayin , @LewTheShoe , @ToyYoda , @dpkimmel2001 .......any volunteers? :D

It doesn't have to fail. If the admins decide they don't want/need to appoint more mods, we just need to take matters into our own hands. We can "self-police" the trolls away.
Self policing doesn’t work. For some reason people can’t simply ignore the trolls. They feel the need to respond time and time again.

Self policing doesn’t work. For some reason people can’t simply ignore the trolls. They feel the need to respond time and time again.
Everyone wants to have the last word because their word is the only one that is correct. Everyone thinks their word is the be all and end all to every "discussion".

If they can't learn to ignore the trolls, then they should be treated as trolls too as far as I'm concerned. That being said, I hope everyone will learn to quit taking the bait. All it takes is a little restraint from the "last word" folks. Is that so much to ask? IDK, maybe I'm just naive :idunno:

I’ve noticed in my almost two years here, Some of you all need a bit more contact with the outside world and a bit of fresh air.......this $hit is taken WAY too seriously. It’s a damn internet message board for Christ’s sake.

I’ve noticed in my almost two years here, Some of you all need a bit more contact with the outside world and a bit of fresh air.......this $hit is taken WAY too seriously. It’s a damn internet message board for Christ’s sake.
There is where you are wrong, this statement always seems to be made when some one mistakingly reads too much into a posters opinions.

Back
Top Bottom