racing-forums.com Deathbed - Nascar section

There is where you are wrong, this statement always seems to be made when some one mistakingly reads too much into a posters opinions.
There are grown adults on here bitching about other people’s opinions, trolling and needing a moderator. If you think I’m wrong I don’t care enough to change your thinking, my initial post about this matter is my observation in my short time here.

There are grown adults on here bitching about other people’s opinions, trolling and needing a moderator.

When several threads end up heading down the same road with the same few posters saying the same stuff back and forth, people get tired of the same nonsense and they stop coming in. That's when the forum dies. That's why you need moderators to prevent that from happening.

I used to think this site was over moderated, but I don't think I realized just how much BS was constantly needing attention.

When several threads end up heading down the same road with the same few posters saying the same stuff back and forth, people get tired of the same nonsense and they stop coming in. That's when the forum dies. That's why you need moderators to prevent that from happening.

I used to think this site was over moderated, but I don't think I realized just how much BS was constantly needing attention.
Seems like a few certain posters are embarking on hijaking other threads. I doubt this place dies there are too many intelligent good posters here.

I think this place needs 3-5 semi-active mods. @pjmolo , @gnomesayin , @LewTheShoe , @ToyYoda , @dpkimmel2001 .......any volunteers? :D

groucho marx.jpg

Hold it together folks, I don’t wanna go to Reddit for this kind of discussion.

Reddit is good for memes, news, and things that make you go, "This person has a lot of free time."

I enjoy this place because the conversation is always good with a ton of knowledgeable folks who know what they are talking about. I joined in '13 and this is the only forum I've been active on since. This forum truly is fantastic and I've enjoyed every minute of it.

There are grown adults on here bitching about other people’s opinions, trolling and needing a moderator. If you think I’m wrong I don’t care enough to change your thinking, my initial post about this matter is my observation in my short time here.
Ok..I just don't agree

I think if someone’s miscarriage can be spoken of in the nascar section then ratings, attendance, salaries, tv contracts and things like that can be discussed too. If SOI would stay away from that stuff he would do himself a huge favor and it would be good for us too.

I was referencing all the tweets that get posted about all sorts of things as proof of this or of that from driver's twitter/social media feeds.

yep it would fit right in at the chit chat section.

I'd be all for it if we could have a thread in the chit chat section for the regurgitation of whatever team's, track, or NASCAR's press releases chatting about whatever new sponsor signed up that gets posted within.

Better yet, maybe we could have a thread/section counting and listing all the ads that run during a race. That way we could see what sponsors are advertising the most so we could run and buy their products. After all, if they are running ads during the race it means the sport is healthy.

I'd be all for it if we could have a thread in the chit chat section for the regurgitation of whatever team's, track, or NASCAR's press releases chatting about whatever new sponsor signed up that gets posted within.

Better yet, maybe we could have a thread/section counting and listing all the ads that run during a race. That way we could see what sponsors are advertising the most so we could run and buy their products. After all, if they are running ads during the race it means the sport is healthy.

No reason you can't do that here. BUT name the thread properly so people can just scroll by if not interested. I have been asking for a few years to have the ability to put certain threads on ignore but maybe it is to much for "Fury" to install.

I have no qualms with @TexasRaceLady ’s choice to step down, it’s a personal decision and she doesn’t really need to explain her reasonings.

Although, I am curious if the idea was brought up to hold off on the resignation until another mod or mods were named. I feel like that would stave off the proverbial gasoline on the fire now that the place is basically unmoderated.

@2 Sweet is correct IMO that every forum, no matter the size or activity level, needs several active mods at all times.

I appreciate the comments and ideas of those who have chimed in. I think having a catch all category where things that skew negative about Nascar could be discussed would be great. Subjects could include TV ratings, attendance, announcers and so many things as Nascar defines negative in so many ways.

That way the apologists and others that don’t care for any type of discussion involving the negative would know to stay away.

I really don’t see this place dying off. There always seems to be someone else to take the place from one that’s moved on. Been like that since the place started. If I see a post that interests me I generally toss in my flawless and useful opinion and rarely show back up in the thread. problem with that is I look at profiles of “new guys” and find they’ve been here for 3 years. We will survive, we always have.

I really don’t see this place dying off. There always seems to be someone else to take the place from one that’s moved on. Been like that since the place started. If I see a post that interests me I generally toss in my flawless and useful opinion and rarely show back up in the thread. problem with that is I look at profiles of “new guys” and find they’ve been here for 3 years. We will survive, we always have.

The melodrama some were putting forth was fit for an afternoon soap. This place will be just fine and is much greater than a group of people with noses out of joint.

Thanks beaks

Back in my Army days, a statement like that would result in the the talker being assigned an additional duty. Are you volunteering?

When I was actively involved business people had all sorts of great ideas. I would say “great, I’ll put you in charge of that” and things got very quiet very quickly.

Back in my Army days, statements like that would result in their maker being assigned an additional duty. Are you volunteering?

Yes, I am. I would be glad to be a moderator as long as I'm not the only one. Like I said, I think there needs to be at least three. I have a full time job and a family and an active social life, so I can't be on here 24/7. Nobody can. That's why it needs to be a shared duty IMO

I’ve always found mods that don’t participate on forums to be the best kind. It helps when the favoritism card gets played and the arms length distance is good in many ways.

The last thing a forum needs is for a group of mods to be picked out from the existing body. There would be so much prejudice it would be unfair

Yes, I am. I would be glad to be a moderator as long as I'm not the only one.
I'll second the nomination of @2 Sweet to help restore a sense of civility to the forum. He's a longtime member with a sterling reputation for insight and balance. And he has always taken "the high road" in areas of conflict or confrontation.

I'll second the nomination of @2 Sweet to help restore a sense of civility to the forum. He's a longtime member with a sterling reputation for insight and balance. And he has always taken "the high road" in areas of conflict or confrontation.

I'm in on 2Sweet. Stand up guy as best I can tell. I also think this forum needs a minimum of three mods. LewTheShoe would be a good one also. Both are fair minded. This forum is a great place for lots of perspectives. There are genuine fans here that love stock car racing. Not just NASCAR, but stock car racing in general. The majority of the members on here have good intentions, no doubt. But there's always a couple that stir things up. Those types are on every forum. Hence the need of a group of even keeled mods.

TRL should not have been burdened with trying to do it alone. I think this place needs 3-5 semi-active mods. @pjmolo , @gnomesayin , @LewTheShoe , @ToyYoda , @dpkimmel2001 .......any volunteers? :D

It doesn't have to fail. If the admins decide they don't want/need to appoint more mods, we just need to take matters into our own hands. We can "self-police" the trolls away.
I volunteered to be mod in the one announcement threads and was completely ignored:(, I guess that's what I get for doing that, that will learn me :eek:

Edit, my guess is I probably should of tagged @fury and or @Magnethead to make sure they in fact did see it.

I’ve always found mods that don’t participate on forums to be the best kind. It helps when the favoritism card gets played and the arms length distance is good in many ways.

The last thing a forum needs is for a group of mods to be picked out from the existing body. There would be so much prejudice it would be unfair
I don't think you're going to find a forum where people not already on board and interested in the topics would be willing to join to be a moderator. At least, not on a non-profit forum that isn't capable of paying for independent mods.

Back
Top Bottom