racing-forums.com Deathbed - Nascar section

Discussion in 'NASCAR chat' started by dpkimmel2001, Dec 2, 2018.

1. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

that isn't quite true as I see it. A number of us have talked with Fury and this is what he said This is exactly what happened.

If there's someone changing their name or IP to get around enforcements, that is a solveable problem, but it's not as simple as pushing a ban button, and it isn't always obvious. If you can point me toward specific examples, I can investigate.

2. Charlie Spencer

Charlie Spencer Short tracks and road courses rule.

I've butted heads with SOI in many a topic, and completely agreed with him on others, sometimes within a few minutes. As social media use has grown, I notice fewer people are able to agree and disagree independently. They take issue with someone in a discussion and then immediately dismiss that person on another topic without even bothering to see what was said.

True, I have four or five people on 'Ignore' here, but I at least wait until I'm thoroughly sick of them before putting them there.

Snappy D, kkfan91, BobbyFord and 3 others like this.
  3. IanMcVittie

IanMcVittie Car Chief

The natives are riled up but it is all good from where I sit. I like the people here and the discussion and am looking forward to NASCAR’s next triumph or gaffe.

Charlie Spencer likes this.
  4. DanicaFreak

DanicaFreak Green monster

there is no disputing that SOI loves him some racing.

Nitro Dude, Charlie Spencer and mack like this.
  5. Mopardh9

Mopardh9 Team Owner Contributor

Totally agree he is passionate about racing, but very bias.

6. kyle18fan

kyle18fan Team Owner Contributor

Nothing wrong here that a race can't fix.

7. IanMcVittie

IanMcVittie Car Chief

Once we get to those 1.5 milers next year we will be in the chips. I don’t think Kyle will feel it is real racing though:D

8. kyle18fan

kyle18fan Team Owner Contributor

But he will race real and win races

IanMcVittie likes this.
  9. Truex_rox

Truex_rox Furniture Row's Biggest Fan

Both of you guys would be great.

I will volunteer.

10. Greg

Greg 2014 RF YAHOO CHAMP Your leader

Outstanding post. Perfectly stated.

LewTheShoe and DanicaFreak like this.
  11. Greg

Greg 2014 RF YAHOO CHAMP Your leader

I wish I could like this a million times.

Snappy D, mack, Spotter22 and 3 others like this.
  12. LewTheShoe

LewTheShoe Team Owner

I'll say this about @StandOnIt... he doesn't suffer racing haters - nor trolls - gladly.

When I first came to this forum nearly five years ago, I soon realized SOI had his own personal stalker, a member who followed him around and was constantly "up his nose" about silly nonsense. So after I'd been here a while, I asked the guy... "Why are you always up SOI's nose?" He evaded the question... said it's all good... said he should just put me on ignore, blah, blah. Five freakin' years ago!

I don't know what you mean by "bias." If you mean he's curt and dismissive of racing haters and trolls, yeah, I'd say so. If you mean he doesn't care to wallow in the deathbed cesspool in every freakin' racing thread, I'd agree but wonder how that is "bias?" Can't a baseball fan talk hitting and fielding sometimes without worrying about luxury taxes and concession sales trends? Geez Louise.

13. ChexOrWrex

ChexOrWrex Ya gotta wanna

I have plenty of experience in this field. Theres ways around it. While unethical, sometimes illegal, certainly effective.

IanMcVittie and StandOnIt like this.
  14. IanMcVittie

IanMcVittie Car Chief

Ernest Lew is feeling his oats tonight!

15. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

Lew and many others are familiar with the truth, others have a fleeting glimpse of it, and some are incapable of it.

aunty dive and mack like this.
  16. ChexOrWrex

While it’s obvious that SOI loves the sport, and has his passions, he’s not immune to being an absolute contrarian for the sake of trolling. His habits come in waves.

dirtfan and Team Penske like this.
  17. IanMcVittie

IanMcVittie Car Chief

If you are talking about circumventing IP addy bans and things like that I have zippo experience. However a 10 minute Google search can get you the basics.

18. ChexOrWrex

The Constitution protects the right to free speech and keeps the government from limiting it - not from an online message board. :confused:

19. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

as they say if the shoe fits wear it.

20. IanMcVittie

IanMcVittie Car Chief

I laugh all the time including at myself and the quandaries I get into. I laugh at people full of their own self importance and those who take things far to seriously and have no sense of humor. I’ll put those shoes on any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

be9ak7ts16 likes this.
  21. DUN24

DUN24 Skeptical of the Spectacle

Its gonna be a looooooooong winter.

Kiante, Snappy D, Pat and 5 others like this.
  22. Mopardh9

Supposed to be

23. Towmater

Towmater Ratings Craterville

Interesting. IP addresses and illegally looking into via unethical/illegal means. Umm, maybe the administration needs to review the privacy/doxing rules with the entire forum again. Seems there was some sort of issue not too long ago concerning privacy and what it might mean to the forum.

24. BobbyFord

BobbyFord Resident Gearhead Contributor

I thought Skoalbandit bailed?

25. Mopardh9

Apparently renamed

26. BobbyFord

A new username? Which?

27. Mopardh9

IanMcvittie

28. Mopardh9

I never saw a problem with him.

29. BobbyFord

I don’t see a need for two usernames.

30. aunty dive

aunty dive Team Owner

3 usernames.

Snappy D likes this.
  31. BobbyFord

32. BobbyFord

I haven’t seen a Skoal post in quite a while.

33. Mopardh9

I rest my case

34. IanMcVittie

IanMcVittie Car Chief

Deep breaths. No one has died!

35. aunty dive

aunty dive Team Owner

SkoalBandit
    Atomic Punk
    Some guy who wishes he was Scottish.

The first 2 are no longer forum members.

Snappy D likes this.
  36. BobbyFord

But why not just keep the old username?

37. aunty dive

aunty dive Team Owner

Good question.

Ask SkoalBanditAtomicPunkIanMcVittie. Perhaps he will confess.

38. LewTheShoe

LewTheShoe Team Owner

I'm not obsessing over anything here, but I do care. I've posted why before, but I'll review one last time.

When members of this community speak with another, they deserve to know who they are addressing, within the context of this forum. An individual who changes name and avatar, and each new ID comes with a false story of being a newbie who has just discovered this site... that person is being deceitful in hiding from their past. He is delivering a middle finger of disrespect to the community. No bueno.

R-F is a small community of frequent visitors, which makes it unlike Twitter or other social media sites that really are just a huge mashup of drive by thoughts. R-F works like a neighborhood, not like Twitter-sphere. That's why I like it here.

pjmolo, Johali, mack and 2 others like this.
  39. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

all I know is he left after being put on moderator posting approval only. For the same reasons he is so beloved here now for flaming almost every thread. Slunk back under a different name after a time to avoid it. He has been called out a number of times by the members, confess? he cowers. Time for the aw shucks folks everybody but me needs to lighten up story instead of the truth.

mack likes this.
  40. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

aw shucks

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 5, 2018 at 1:35 PM
    mack, LewTheShoe and Ventisca like this.