Radioactive 2018

Discussion in 'NASCAR chat' started by StandOnIt, Feb 20, 2018.

1. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

Truex was his usual whiny self

Kiante, Dr_B_UNC and AdoubleU24 like this.
  2. Johali

Johali Team Owner Contributor

That's pretty close. There was a lap car in front of the 14 and he came down on the 9s RF and crumpled it with his left rear to pass him and the lap car. The 14 was trying to get around him for awhile, turned DH and tried to wreck him or cut his tire down. Then Clint got pissed because Chase shot him the bird. Go figure.

3. AdoubleU24

AdoubleU24 Team Owner

Something tells me this only gets worse with the switch to JGR. It's encouraged there.

Dr_B_UNC likes this.
  4. AdoubleU24

AdoubleU24 Team Owner

And calls him a ****** punk lol. I guess it's nice to be featured on Radioactive for a change though.

Dr_B_UNC and Johali like this.
  5. Dr_B_UNC

Dr_B_UNC Crew Chief

Yep. Loved him going off on BK when it was Almirola’s fault.

StandOnIt likes this.
  6. Dr_B_UNC

Dr_B_UNC Crew Chief

Denny dumping him definitely flipped the switch for Chase. He’s been far less tentative since then and more willing to stand his ground. It’s like he is no longer trying to do what he thinks people expect him to. Declining the booth hyenas’ request for an in-car interview in crunch time Sunday is a perfect example. I truly believe he was ready to bust out at the beginning of this year but the Camaro set them back. He’s now hitting his stride.

Johali likes this.
  7. AdoubleU24

AdoubleU24 Team Owner

I also heard in his post race presser where he was asked if he sympathized with Almirola after going thru a similar situation at Dover just a year ago and having other close calls for wins. He said "uhhh no."

He's done with the always saying the perfect thing game, and I like it. And what a dumb question, he shouldn't feel bad, Chase has had how many close calls? One of them was the Chicago playoff race his rookie year with 4 laps to go. I didn't see any non Chase fans saying they felt bad for the kid like I saw for Aric the other day. It's puzzling.

Dr_B_UNC likes this.
  8. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

9. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

Johali likes this.
  10. Kiante

Kiante Team Owner

Trevor Bayne shut Puccia down, that was hysterical.lol

LouieLouie, DUN24 and Johali like this.
  11. DUN24

DUN24 Skeptical of the Spectacle

"Watch your fricken language gosh"

12. Ford 222

Ford 222 Team Owner

Looking forward to this one!!

13. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

14. Ford 222

Ford 222 Team Owner

“Turn left! Wreck that son of a ....!”

Good stuff.

15. Kiante

Kiante Team Owner

In doing that, Truex almost wrecked himself in the process. That would have been even more hysterical.

16. Spotter22

Spotter22 Team Owner

If I was the 78 bunch, first time out for practice I'd tire track squinty so close he could see Martins teeth.

17. AdoubleU24

AdoubleU24 Team Owner

Clayton Hughes is the most obnoxious man in NASCAR and he's not even one of the athletes.

18. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

19. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

Newman gets salty

Last edited: Nov 14, 2018
    LouieLouie and Mike Crayne like this.
  20. Larsonfan1995

Larsonfan1995 Team Owner

Hahahahaha Newman has me cracking up. He's in for a rude awakening when he gets in some real junk at Roush.

Hawaii808, LouieLouie and DUN24 like this.
  21. ChexOrWrex

ChexOrWrex Ya gotta wanna

****** Ryan Newman

AdoubleU24 likes this.
  22. AdoubleU24

AdoubleU24 Team Owner

Counting down the days until he's gone.

Snappy D likes this.
  23. Snappy D

Snappy D 2017 Pick Em Champion 2018 Bold Predictor

I almost can’t wait to see that asshat toil way in the 6, how many more days till Daytona???

24. LewTheShoe

LewTheShoe Team Owner

Ryan Newman fights hard, gets all he can, and doesn't roll over for anyone. And in the twisted world of Nascar fandom, many people hate him for it.

I don't get it. This isn't the Denny Hamlin Tea & Crumpets Social Club. It is racing. I want 'my driver' to race hard, get all he can get, and not roll over for anyone.

Barbara Charles and StandOnIt like this.
  25. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

I thought the same thing, sounded like the car was driving like a dump truck and it wasn't the first time to me.

26. AdoubleU24

AdoubleU24 Team Owner

There's a difference between racing hard with a fast car and just flat out being a road block in junk. He's been the latter for years and I wouldn't be shocked if he sort of views it as his shtick. It's like part of his brand...annoy everyone.

Johali likes this.
  27. LewTheShoe

LewTheShoe Team Owner

We should probably just agree to disagree. No one is "entitled" to be ahead of the car that is currently ahead of them. The reason Newman is ahead of Driver X is that, up to now, Newman has been faster than X. And he doesn't weave and juke left and right to block, that isn't his style. He is ahead and works hard to stay ahead... I say good for him.

BTW, I also think Ryan Preece was absolutely right to race Elliott Sadler for position late in the race at Homestead last year. Sadler was pissed off about it, and still is, but I think he's acting like a prima donna about it. This is similar to the "complaints" about Newman, IMO.

StandOnIt likes this.
  28. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

Newman hardly ever wrecks somebody trying to maintain position, Larson he did but that was to make the playoffs. He does take away the precious line and they don't like that.

29. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

Forgot the last one. This one is different

Mike Crayne likes this.
  30. Ford 222

Ford 222 Team Owner

It’s sucks....quit watching at first pit stop...wow

Larsonfan1995 likes this.
  31. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

Thanks for your participation.

32. Truex_rox

Truex_rox Furniture Row's Biggest Fan

What on Earth happened to the subtitles? What's up with the extra editing? A lot of people shat on the Radioactive recap of last year's finale. At least it still stayed focused on what actually mattered!

Can't say the same for what happened to this one at all, sadly. Every other one from this year was good.

33. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

this montage from 2013 to 2018, is pretty good, some of it is pretty funny

Mike Crayne likes this.
  34. Biggreen695

Biggreen695 Team Owner

WOW the homestead radioactive was garbage

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk