Rain tires at short tracks???

The product will be more desirable if they can keep the races in their broadcasting window, with or with out the steaks.
If you are talking about more desirable for the fans then that is basically what I was saying in my post 36. I think that todays fans would rather get the race in on time even if it diminishes the quality or excitement level of the product. "Hence the steak and grill vs microwave comment". Anyone that is a fan of rain tire racing or just wants to get the race in on time without delay then they probably have nothing to worry about because they will probably be in the majority and will get to watch rain tire races in the future imo. Things change in life and we have to adapt to those changes...and society is changing on a daily basis.

Can't speak for anybody else, but I don't look forwards to rain delays, and I bet the TV people who are carrying the load don't either. I enjoyed the hell out of the Xfinity rain race at the Roval in comparison to any rain delay ever. Doesn't have anything to do with "todays" fans with me. I was one a long time ago from BTV.(before TV) when they had these things called magazines.

Can't speak for anybody else, but I don't look forwards to rain delays, and I bet the TV people who are carrying the load don't either. I enjoyed the hell out of the Xfinity rain race at the Roval in comparison to any rain delay ever. Doesn't have anything to do with "todays" fans with me. I was one a long time ago from BTV.(before TV) when they had these things called magazines.
Cool. :cool:

I realize the majority of the new racing society we live in has a very short attention span and even less patience when it comes to things like rain delays... and I'm not saying it shouldn't be changed to keep those fans happy. But the product will be watered down and much less exciting imo. You can take the time to grill a nice delicious steak on the grill or you can throw it in the microwave and have it immediately... I think you know which one I'm going to choose. :)
I'd rather have the microwaved steak today than be told it won't be ready until tomorrow, esp. if I'm already at the restaurant or if DoorDash doesn't deliver to my workplace.

I'd rather have the microwaved steak today than be told it won't be ready until tomorrow, esp. if I'm already at the restaurant or if DoorDash doesn't deliver to my workplace.
I'm sure there are a lot of fans that share the same feeling you do and I definitely understand that and that is one of the main reasons I don't have a problem supporting testing rain tires. Like I said earlier life changes and we have to adapt. It is definitely a lot harder and more expensive for fans to take extra days off of work now days to stay another day or two to get a race in. It sucks for everyone when there is a rain delay. Just because I don't have a problem with rain delays myself doesn't mean other fans don't have a problem with it...and NASCAR and the tv production team needs to do what is best for the majority of the fans imo... and I think that would favor racing in the rain. I also don't foresee any serious problem that can't be overcome to allow cup cars to run in the rain on short tracks.

Last edited:
I'm just afraid its a way of getting the cars on the track to run caution lap after caution lap to the half way point and call it

daymn, they are talking about maybe using them as soon as this season

Even if it is just for "damp" vs "wet" tracks, imagine them running on a slightly wet Phoenix track for the championship. I can hear the whining already if Harvick or Kyle is in the championship 4.

Part of being a driver. Senna was a master on a wet track.
Schumacher, Spain, 1996. That is all. ****iest car on the grid. Destroys the field. The greatest racing performance I will ever see.

I would have been very surprised if they couldn't race with wet tires on short tracks. The speeds are not that extreme and the cars are heavier then Indy or F-1 and weight= traction.

It’s nice to be able to control the volume of water coming out of the spreader bar on the water truck.

I would have been very surprised if they couldn't race with wet tires on short tracks. The speeds are not that extreme and the cars are heavier then Indy or F-1 and weight= traction.

I think banking matters more than anything. We saw this at the Roval especially

I think banking matters more than anything. We saw this at the Roval especially
Banking does matter...
20210402_174645.jpg

I'm wore out about rain tires on a banked oval. :biggrin: For years I have heard every excuse under the sun that you can't race with rain tires on an oval. Simple physics says that it is easier because less forces (side) are at play on a banked corner compared to a flat corner. I think people have to remember that many of the drivers in the series, all they know is driving a race car so yeah they would be surprised.

I'm wore out about rain tires on a banked oval. :biggrin: For years I have heard every excuse under the sun that you can't race with rain tires on an oval. Simple physics says that it is easier because less forces (side) are at play on a banked corner compared to a flat corner. I think people have to remember that many of the drivers in the series, all they know is driving a race car so yeah they would be surprised.

Preach it!

Mount em up :punkrocke If one of the primadonas hits a puddle and hammers the wall, we would never hear the end of it out of them and it would set off the I told ya so's experts :biggrin: Could be epic.

It is not a question of resisting change.

The laws of physics and hydrodynamics never change.

they did fine on the roval. "Im suprised at how much grip I have" is a quote. I think at M'ville speeds, we'll be fine. as long as its not a downppour. Id like to see wipers and the whole bit but Im not going that far

If a race is getting tedious, they could send the water truck out.

Wishful thinking is seldom practical.

People didn’t believe the Wright Flyer was actually flying, even after first ever air show.

Einstein was adamant that black holes did not, and could not, exist.

The laws of physics are written by man and man keeps finding ways to violate the law.

People didn’t believe the Wright Flyer was actually flying, even after first ever air show.

Einstein was adamant that black holes did not, and could not, exist.

The laws of physics are written by man and man keeps finding ways to violate the law.

come on chex...

its..

Back
Top Bottom