Random NASCAR Stuff to talk about.....

Saw this while browsing Netflix just now..

IMG_0669.jpg

Poor Juan gets put on teh cover of a movie about NASCAR and the next thing you know he's out of it. :p

UPDATE:The 2014 Sprint Cup schedule is being debated behind closed doors, and some quite interesting twists appear on the table at the moment. Just a few weeks ago it looked like NASCAR didn't plan any major, or even minor, changes for 2014. Now, however, word is things have, for some reason, changed. What NASCAR eventually does with next year's Cup calendar seems up for review, with few sacred cows. Don't make any hotel reservations, but here are some possible moves:
-- Homestead might lose its spot as the season finale;
-- Phoenix might gain the final spot on the 2014 tour;
-- Sonoma could earn a spot in the playoffs, adding a California stop to the chase;
-- Road America, that picturesque road course at Elkhart Lake, Wis., an hour north of Milwaukee, could get a slot in the 2014 Cup schedule (even though NASCAR's Brian France earlier this year said he planned no new tracks on the tour next season);
-- how to fit a new track in the schedule? Dover could lose its late spring Cup weekend (keeping its early fall Cup date, in the chase), track boss Denis McGlynn, not unaccustomed to such speculation, would surely fight hard to keep both;
-- and -- hold your horses -- Darlington might even get its traditional Labor Day weekend Southern 500 back;
-- to fill that Mother's Day Saturday night slot, maybe a swap with Atlanta;
Of course after all this debate NASCAR might simply decide not to make any changes for 2014.(MikeMulhern.net)(9-17-2013)

Hey guys been a fan since basically birth but haven't been to a race. My first race is this weekend in Loudon any suggestions? Thanks!

If you don't go the scanner route, at least get some decent earplugs.

Also, go to the track website to see what is, and isn't, allowed to be brought into the track.

At Chicagoland last week there were more people throwing out umbrellas (not allowed) at the gate than I could count.

Great questions on this weeks NASCAR Fan Council survey.

Just a few of the questions:

10 + 2 + 1 = ?

Hi-lite for
correct answer --> 12

Before making his new chase math announcement, Brian France ordered Mike Helton to _______________ .

Hi-lite for
correct answer --> Get his hair styled by a professional.

True or false: It is now illegal for a Toyota to spin to help another Toyota.

Hi-lite for
correct answer --> True.

True or false: It is now illegal for a Chevy to drive into a wall help another Chevy.
Hi-lite for
correct answer --> False.

10 + 2 + 1 = ?

Hi-lite for
correct answer --> 12

Before making his new chase math announcement, Brian France ordered Mike Helton to _______________ .

Hi-lite for

Hi-lite for
correct answer --> True.

True or false: It is now illegal for a Chevy to drive into a wall help another Chevy.
Hi-lite for
I didn't realize that you were an active member of their Fan Council. You really should keep in mind that the questions are confidential.

10 + 2 + 1 = ?

Hi-lite for
correct answer --> 12

Hi-lite for

Hi-lite for
correct answer --> True.

Hi-lite for
Damn they sent me the wrong survey. :confused::mad:

full time job, trying to get all the sponsors on there in the right place and then try to make it look like a race car instead of a rolling bill board.

I thought that's what they are --- just billboards that happen to go fast. :D
ok, that is why you and I are trying to slow them down..so we can read what is on the side.lol. I guess I am used to all the ads, I see a Nascar without them and they don't look as good.

Credit to Jayski:

Chicago TV Ratings: The live racing portions of the rain-delayed GEICO 400 NASCAR Sprint Cup race at Chicagoland Speedway on Sunday, Sept. 15, earned a combined 1.8 U.S. household rating on ESPN and ESPN2, averaging 2,688,652 viewers, according to Nielsen Media. Originally scheduled for a green flag shortly after 2 p.m. ET, the race was more than an hour late starting due to rain. It started at 3:15 p.m. and ran live on ESPN until 4:44 p.m. before being halted for more rain. The live portion on ESPN earned a 2.4 U.S. rating, averaging 3,623,308 viewers. After being delayed for more than five hours, the race resumed at 9:55 p.m. and aired on ESPN2 until its conclusion just past midnight. The ESPN2 portion of the race was seen by an average of 2,067,873 viewers with a 1.3 U.S. household rating. Last year's Chicagoland Speedway race, which was run and telecast as scheduled, earned a 2.6 U.S. rating, averaging 3,948,966 viewers.

Nielson has 5000 boxes scattered around the us that send the past days viewing from each box every night by computer to the home office computers

I have always wondered that, how do they get all these 3.2 or 2.7 million out of 5,000 boxes. There can't be too many boxes out there, I have never known anybody that had one of the things, thought people had them on the east coast, I don't know too many people on that side.

I really think that they use the information that the cable and satellite company's collect from their boxes but is not supposed be used for that according to two friends that work for Cox Cable.

I really think that they use the information that the cable and satellite company's collect from their boxes but is not supposed be used for that according to two friends that work for Cox Cable.
that would make a hell of a lot of sense to use that over the other, or a mail in survey, or that fan input thing TRL is subscribed to.

Back
Top Bottom