Random NASCAR Stuff to talk about.....

This is my post from another thread but it's appropriate here also.

My thinking is they have a race tonight, they have a race Saturday, they have a race Sunday and two or three races for each of 9 weekends after that. I am a race fan and am going to enjoy the hell out of the racing regardless of all of the drama and who is in and who is out

Because I feel like being a smart ass.

DsXKBye.jpg

In all fairness I think nascar needs to give Kahne bonus points for his wins... I mean he had them untik jimmie johnsom had him run intonhim on purpose at Atlanta

Does Keselowski race Logano to lead the first lap at Chicago or let him have it...you know, 'cause they're teammates?

1235890_10150324292144996_866830735_n.png

Really? Merchandise for someone who will only be in the car a couple months?

Still, I bet they sell a few of those. When the Milwaukee Brewers (ball and stick, I know, I know) traded for CC Sabathia for half a season, I saw a lot of people wearing Sabathia jerseys around town.

Still, I bet they sell a few of those. When the Milwaukee Brewers (ball and stick, I know, I know) traded for CC Sabathia for half a season, I saw a lot of people wearing Sabathia jerseys around town.

I still see lots of old Dale Jr #8 Budweiser gear at the races. Shirts, hats, stickers, chairs, flags, umbrellas, tattoos, coozies, etc.

Gordon on yellow duct tape at the bottom. LOL

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1379169040890.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1379169040890.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 159
so it is "fair" to add Gordon in the chase because, you know this guy could not get it done on his own. Seriously, if it was not Gordon but lets say Jaime McMurray, he would not be added as the 13th driver. MWR takes the sword, while Penske gets the skate. Not fair. To pile on, Nascar arbitrarily adds Gordon, to top it all off he is upset with the whole thing. If Gordon wins the championship, should be noted that on the trophy; For all your hard work and dedication, your friends at Nascar, who want to thank you for a wonderous season.

I fully expect now that since the drivers/crews/owners are to give 100% that the least we can do here at racing-forums is to follow suit. If your going to bitch about NASCAR, give it your all! Nothing less is acceptable.
Damn DP I thought they already were.:confused:

Kevin Swindell driving for Swan Racing for at least a couple of races:

By Kelly Crandall – Swan Racing will have its third different driver in as many weeks as Kevin Swindell takes over the No. 30 Toyota next weekend in New Hampshire. Swindell is also scheduled to drive the following weekend at Dover.

Swindell is a four-time consecutive winner of the Chili Bowl who currently competes in the Nationwide Series. He’s run 10 races with Biagi-DenBeste Racing with a season best finish of eighth at Indianapolis. It’s also Swindell’s best career finish.

http://popularspeed.com/swindell-in-at-swan-racing/

From the article..... The pricetag for having Air Titan at Chicagoland? Apparently $50,000.

I wonder what the electric bill was for the lighting system last night? It may have been a wash. No pun intended.

I wonder what the effect (if any) on TV advertisers is? Surely the companies who bought ads on ESPN for the second half of the race didn't think they'd be shown at 10pm on a Sunday night on ESPN2.

You'd think NASCAR would pick up the $50,000 tab to try to mitigate the effect on their TV partners. I guess they get their billions from Fox and NBC and laugh all the way to the bank.

I fully expect now that since the drivers/crews/owners are to give 100% that the least we can do here at racing-forums is to follow suit. If your going to bitch about NASCAR, give it your all! Nothing less is acceptable.

As Matt said, That new rule doesn't affect me. I'll just continue doing what I've always done. The only change is I now have DPKimmel2001's full and unqualified endorsement. From here on out, no complaining about my complaining will be acceptable. :D

People think the Chase this year is unprecedented, but they actually had 13 guys back in 2006, too!
I thought it was only 10 drivers until the wild card was added in 2011? If so, I wonder what this picture is supposed to be representing; perhaps the "race to the chase"?

Back
Top Bottom