Random NASCAR Stuff to talk about.....

BaJAm-1IUAEwlKY.jpg:large

It's a pretty badass commercial so I can't say I'm surprised.

NASCAR's "Twist" captures top honors for advertising in sports:
Building on the success of a new creative vision and brand campaign launched in February, NASCAR edged out all other major sports leagues and governing bodies, taking home the Titanium Award for 'Best Spot' at the PromaxBDA Sports Media Marketing Awards in New York. NASCAR Vice President of Marketing Kim Brink accepted the award for "Twist" - a one-minute television spot portraying the emotion, drama and duality within a sport that changes unexpectedly at a moment's notice - on behalf of NASCAR. The fourth annual PromaxBDA Sports Media Marketing Awards honored the best strategic and creative marketing from the global community. Along with NASCAR, Turner Sports, the National Football League, MSG Media, NFL Network and the Atlanta Falcons were all named Titanium award winners at PromaxBDA's annual Sports Media Marketing Awards. Additional special honorees included ESPN Executive Chairman George Bodenheimer, who received the Lifetime Innovator Award for his contribution as a creative leader in the field of sports marketing, and Red Bull Media House, who received the Game Changer Award for being a cultural innovator as a brand marketer, production house and digital distributor.

Dollar General announced that it is expanding its sponsorship of Matt Kenseth from 17 to 27 races in 2014.

Last edited:
That's cool, seen one before but had forgotten about it.

I remember seeing one in a racing magazine several years ago, it was an ad for Moog or Champion spark plugs (or something like that), some company claiming that their product was in every Nascar champion's car. It was a similar looking poster, same idea, but was much better quality

Rumors of Turner Scott Motorsports making some big announcements tomorrow, including scaling back their programs.

Rumors of Turner Scott Motorsports making some big announcements tomorrow, including scaling back their programs.

I wondered about the health of that partnership with one owner Scott running a cup car and team and the other partner? Turner didn't come along.

Uh oh. Why?
Trent Owens was their head CC prior to today, they lost Piquet Jr. and all of his sponsorship money, and they supposedly still have a couple of front office vacancies. Buescher looks to be their only full-time NNS driver. They still might have three full-time Trucks, but it sounds like Paludo is out.

I've always liked Turner/TSM, hopefully they still have a strong presence.

Paludo sucked anyway.

@dustinlong

Richard Petty Motorsports signs 22-year-old Dakoda Armstrong to drive for team in Nationwide Series.

@dustinlong
#nascar Mobil 1 renews multi-year sponsorship with SHR & Tony Stewart. Mobil on hood for 11 races in'14. Associate rest

Annett was pretty bad in the 43 last year. Armstrong will probably do better. He finished every race in the trucks so he is good at dodging.

IndyCar- and NASCAR-related...Hulman and Co. CEO Mark Miles said IMS is "likely to try" putting an apron back around the track using a portion of the funds received from the state in May for upgrades.

Back
Top Bottom