Random NASCAR Stuff to talk about.....

Mine too..... but.... I also really liked Ned Jarrett and Buddy Baker...... those 3 were awesome......

Yep, Ned would be my second all time favorite. I am not really into any of the current bunch, like I was these two men. Have to say though, that Buddy Baker ain't one of my favs, not sure why, just one of those things.

Yep, Ned would be my second all time favorite. I am not really into any of the current bunch, like I was these two men. Have to say though, that Buddy Baker ain't one of my favs, not sure why, just one of those things.
Buddy's broadcasts were totally slanted toward Earnhardt...... there's no doubt. According to Buddy, you would have thought Big E was Jesus Christ. I still liked him though.

HMS crews practicing setting up the pit boxes.

B7vY5qkIMAEXIqd.jpg:large

Listening to the video from Pat reminds me that, There is no other sound like that sound, what a wonderful sound, bad ass sound, give you chill bumps sound, make you say DAAAAMMMMNNNNN sound, make your heart jump sound. Can not get enough of it.

I have been there and heard that sound on many occasions at Daytona and no where else has that sound, no where. Dega is close but not as good as Daytona as far as the intensity of 43 - 850HP cars in a pack at full rpm going by.

In the front stretch tower grandstands the way the sound rolls back over the track when they go into turn 3 is awesome. Ya gotta be there to know what I mean. Those of you here that have been there, know what I mean.:partytime

Last edited:
Listening to the video from Pat reminds me that, There is no other sound like that sound, what a wonderful sound, bad ass sound, give you chill bumps sound, make you say DAAAAMMMMNNNNN sound, make your heart jump sound. Can not get enough of it.

I have been there and heard that sound on many occasions at Daytona and no where else has that sound, no where. Dega is close but not as good as Daytona as far as the intensity of 43 - 850HP cars in a pack at full rpm going by.

In the front stretch tower grandstands the way the sound rolls back over the track when they go into turn 3 is awesome. Ya gotta be there to know what I mean. Those of you here that have been there, know what I mean.:partytime
Yeah........ you are right...... I have been there when the Busch cars were running 6 cylinder cars. The Busch races were okay...... but....... after the Race the Cup cars came out for Happy Hour..... Busch cars sounded like bumble bees...... When the Cup cars come out....... it's a whole different rumble.

Reactions: Pat

That video is awesome

Reactions: Pat

I know what you're talking about.. nothing like it.

Yeah........ you are right...... I have been there when the Busch cars were running 6 cylinder cars. The Busch races were okay...... but....... after the Race the Cup cars came out for Happy Hour..... Busch cars sounded like bumble bees...... When the Cup cars come out....... it's a whole different rumble.

Several years ago at AMS, the 48 was working outside the garage right next to the fence behind the garage. I mean we could almost touch it. Back then JJ was the enemy, but when they revved that engine, OMG, it didn't matter it was the 48. It was the awesomeness of the day. :cool:

This will probably be a good Daytona party. Cool idea.

@eddiegossage The Daytona 500 is one month from today. You can watch it on #BigHossTV & camp in infield @TXMotorSpeedway for FREE.

This will probably be a good Daytona party. Cool idea.

@eddiegossage The Daytona 500 is one month from today. You can watch it on #BigHossTV & camp in infield @TXMotorSpeedway for FREE.

Wait, Charlotte Motor Speedway also has a big screen TV, right?

C'MON, SHOW IT AT CMS TOO! I WOULD LITERALLY GO TO THIS!

I have to say, the new DIS is phenomenal. It feels like a completely different venue. Better sight lines, better access, cleaner, rain shields beneath the seats, wider seats, more open concourses.

I have to say, the new DIS is phenomenal. It feels like a completely different venue. Better sight lines, better access, cleaner, rain shields beneath the seats, wider seats, more open concourses.

All the tracks need to get the rain (trash) shields. That would be great.

All the tracks need to get the rain (trash) shields. That would be great.

one step closer to rain tires in my book.

There will be 40 new escalators when finished and 18 are installed already. When finished, the highest seats, which allow the best view of the racetrack, will be 146 feet. Right now, the highest is just 110 feet. There will be 40,000 new seats overall.

But the heart of the construction are the five expanded and redesigned entrances or injectors, dubbed so after a car’s fuel injectors. The injector towers will lead to escalators and elevators to each of the three concourse levels and each of those levels will have social areas, dubbed “neighborhoods.”

At the conclusion of the redevelopment, Daytona International Speedway will have approximately 101,000 permanent, wider and more comfortable seats, twice as many restrooms and three times as many concession stands as it does now. In addition, the Speedway will feature over 60 luxury suites with track side views and a completely revamped race attendance experience for corporate guests.

God I love this thread. Can't wait to see Daytona unveiled. I expect the grandstand to look pretty spectacular.

I will have to fly there for the 400. I'm spending the 500 in the TMS infield... :D

yeah right.

Reminder.....

Rolex 24 is on Fox starting at 2pm. It then switches to FS1 at 4pm and then over to FS2 for later coverage.

Yeah, not NASCAR but it's racing at Daytona none the less.

Today is the start of the racing season for me! :cool:

Back
Top Bottom