Random NASCAR Stuff to talk about.....

Mark Martin with his Apache Stove Buick.

B-qODmeVEAEXu79.jpg:large

Reactions: Pat
Speaking of the expense of attending races, I just did some calculating. I've already spent $1,812 on race tickets and off site camping reservations for our trip to Pocono, Michigan and Daytona. I expect the total cost of these, not to mention the other three that we're attending, to be well over $4,000. If we were staying at the track you could add another $600 for their camping fee's. Camping at the track is great but we've gotten in the habit of tailgating at the track and when we've had enough we go back to the sanity of our RV at a campground by a lake so that I can lay around with a BL and catch a fish for dinner. If that cost seem's excessive just think what the cost would be for a 5 1/2 week trip for a family from Pocono to travel by RV to Disney World, Universal Studios etc in Orlando which would be about the length of our trip. :D

Speaking of the expense of attending races, I just did some calculating. I've already spent $1,812 on race tickets and off site camping reservations for our trip to Pocono, Michigan and Daytona. I expect the total cost of these, not to mention the other three that we're attending, to be well over $4,000. If we were staying at the track you could add another $600 for their camping fee's. Camping at the track is great but we've gotten in the habit of tailgating at the track and when we've had enough we go back to the sanity of our RV at a campground by a lake so that I can lay around with a BL and catch a fish for dinner. If that cost seem's excessive just think what the cost would be for a 5 1/2 week trip for a family from Pocono to travel by RV to Disney World, Universal Studios etc in Orlando which would be about the length of our trip. :D
Imagine the cost if it were hotels/motels.

My best moment was last week when Ty Dillion started backing up the length of the pits and the announcers trying to figure out what he was up to. they have taken that away from me now..not fair Nascar.

Wait... what? What was the problem with pit road during qualifying on normal tracks? As far as I remember, teams would literally just pull out, and head straight for the track, never saw them stop on pit road.

This will make Talladega interesting since guys can't back out and then sit there while their buddy pairs up with them and then take forever to get onto the track.

............There's that, I guess.

It seems like if you draw pit stall #1, you're screwed since you're almost forced to go out first.

This day in NASCAR history.....

3 years ago today Juan Pablo Montoya crashed & hit a Jet Dryer during the 2012 Daytona 500.

B-03H8LXIAA9EL1.jpg:large

Nascar Rules changes.

"Any NASCAR Member charged with any violation of the law (misdemeanor and/or felony) shall notify NASCAR ... prior to the next scheduled Event or within 72 hours of being so charged, whichever is earlier." This amendment to the rule book has been implemented throughout NASCAR's top national touring series, as well as down to the weekly racing series. Tom Bryant, director, racing operations communications for NASCAR, told FOXSports.com Thursday the new language now requires members to report criminal misdemeanors to the sanctioning body, something that was not the case before Wednesday.

From here. http://www.jayski.com/cupnews.htm#20150226p

o_O

Nate Ryan‏@nateryan 42m42 minutes ago
.@JeffGordonWeb admits to accidentally hitting track bar adjuster while radioing team. "I saw the number on my dash going up." #nascar
Heard them say that some teams have it on the steering wheel and others on the dash. Reads like Jeff is a wheel man. It may be time to make a move to place that control on the dash, far away from being able to accidentally pushing it.

Heard them say that some teams have it on the steering wheel and others on the dash. Reads like Jeff is a wheel man. It may be time to make a move to place that control on the dash, far away from being able to accidentally pushing it.

I agree. That would be where I would want it.

DVR Alert!

Jeff Gordon's Test Drive 2 set to air on NBC's "Caught on Camera" 3/7 at 8 pm ET.

Hope it's as good as the first one was.

Back
Top Bottom