Random NASCAR Stuff to talk about.....

Oh boy! Someone printed a new set of stickers. :D
:p

On a serious note, it looks like they did reprofile the aero of the nose and hood significantly:

C1v0Z_ZWIAAuJ-8.jpg

C1vzgfsXcAIwc6g.jpg

looks more aggressive than

For what it's worth, I used to be about 70/30 on whether or not I believed the hype. I'm now at about 95/5.
Whoever it is isn't doing the team any favors by delaying, unless he or she is waiting until the team has a replacement lined up before making the announcement.

Whoever it is isn't doing the team any favors by delaying, unless he or she is waiting until the team has a replacement lined up before making the announcement.
It's actually been very smooth and professional...everything was being taken care of for weeks before an announcement would become imminent. The team (at least the execs) has known for a while. Heck, feels like we've known something was up for a while. I would expect to hear something in a couple days.

It's actually been very smooth and professional...everything was being taken care of for weeks before an announcement would become imminent. The team (at least the execs) has known for a while. Heck, feels like we've known something was up for a while. I would expect to hear something in a couple days.
As an official announcement sort of way?

As an official announcement sort of way?
I believe so, yes. Or a leak, breaking news type thing. No clue. Some leaks are intentional. Either way, it will be formally addressed (always need to add the "unless there is a last minute change" part, though I'm thinking that's not likely).

I believe so, yes. Or a leak, breaking news type thing. No clue. Some leaks are intentional. Either way, it will be formally addressed (always need to add the "unless there is a last minute change" part, though I'm thinking that's not likely).

Anything new on Kurt 's marital status ?

Maybe they didn't want a bunch of publicity. Many people don't. It took major persuasion to convince my Darling Bride to get married in my parents' home instead of the courthouse. A church wedding was never an option, much less what she calls 'a big show'. No announcements, no reception, the only guests were immediate family.

are cars stil lallowed to have no front and drive around track with engine exposed? Those cars were cool!

• NASCAR Considering Significant Changes To Race Formats, Point Distribution: The Sports Business Daily is reporting that NASCAR and industry stakeholders are considering significant competition changes to the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series that could be implemented as soon as this season. Sources said that stakeholders across the industry including teams, drivers, tracks, media partners, Monster and NASCAR have been meeting to discuss the prospective changes which involve the format of the races themselves and how points are awarded for them. If implemented, the changes could address the length and format of Cup races and may result in race breaks, similar to other series where "heat" formats are used to break up the competition to feature multiple, shorter races rather than one longer one. NASCAR declined comment. It could not be determined how far along the discussions are, but timing is of the essence as NASCAR's season starts in mid to late February. Its season-opening media tour, when major announcements are often made, is in two weeks in Charlotte.(The Sports Business Daily)(1-10-2017)

NASCAR will eventually be seen on channel 13.

Beautiful. Just frickin' beautiful.

You can be sure they WON'T announce a championship based on total points over a 36-race season. Just bring in the ramps and flaming hoops, score everyone on degree of difficulty and style points, and get the collapse over with.

Man, I'm in crappy mood today. Oh, wait; here's my ticket offer for May's 'Coca-Cola 6 x 100'! Or is that 'VI x C'? Gotta use those Roman numbers 'cause that's what NFL does...

Beautiful. Just frickin' beautiful.

You can be sure they WON'T announce a championship based on total points over a 36-race season. Just bring in the ramps and flaming hoops, score everyone on degree of difficulty and style points, and get the collapse over with.

Man, I'm in crappy mood today. Oh, wait; here's my ticket offer for May's 'Coca-Cola 6 x 100'! Or is that 'VI x C'? Gotta use those Roman numbers 'cause that's what NFL does...

I'm intrigued by this. For instance the Pure Michigan 400 could be 4 50 lap heats with the bottom 5 eliminated after each. It'd be like a typical dirt race A-Main with 25 cars going 50 laps

200 laps would be ok again if the competition was better. The Toyota and Chevys really seem to have the data.

Wow, the negativity. I love the long races, always have. But I have also watched NHRA and damn they can pack a lot of excitement into 4 seconds. Been to tons of short tracks that run heats and a main, the fans love it. Admit it, most of you would still be fans if races went to that format. I'm not saying I am for it, just that I am a RACE fan and there are lots of types of RACING.

Most of the older fans got started with the local short tracks and for my money running 3 heats and then the main is/was still the best entertainment. The 1.5 mile tracks have nothing to offer except restarts.

Speeds were down for NASCAR Cup teams taking part in Tuesday’s Goodyear tire test at Las Vegas Motor Speedway, the first time teams have been on track this season with the new downforce package.

“Today was a little odd, because the track actually got slower the cooler it got, which is way different than normal,” Jamie McMurray said in comments the track released. “The pace was a little bit slower than what we ran last year, and I expect it’s going to be quite a bit slower when we get back here. With less downforce, you don’t get as much grip and the car slides around a little bit more, but the mid-corner speeds the last two years have been so high that it’s made it almost impossible to pass.

“So, the fact that you’re having to slow down now will make for better racing.”

http://nascar.nbcsports.com/2017/01/10/teams-testing-at-las-vegas-report-slower-speeds/

:)

New Nielsen data suggests Monster Beverage struggled in December. The energy drink maker appears to have used promotions to push sales, taking a bite out of the total dollar value of its sales.

Monster’s energy drink sales slipped 0.2% in the four weeks prior to Dec. 31, according to Nielsen data summarized in a Wells Fargo analyst report. Overall, energy drink sales were up 0.3% during the period. Among the winners in energy drinks during the month was Rockstar, whose sales rose 0.4%.

http://www.barrons.com/articles/monster-beverage-lost-energy-last-month-1484175885

Back
Top Bottom