Random NASCAR Stuff to talk about.....

C1-yP9OXcAANBPS.jpg:large

I respect Regan Smith, but I think Sadler would have done somewhat better job in that car last year than Regan.

I don't see how marriage will affect her racing any more than it would affect another driver. Nobody seems to feel this way about Dale Jr.s recent wedding.
combine it with the clothing line and a possible BABY, Im worried as heck

I dunno how much she has to do with the clothes. Many of those deals are 'name only' with little or no input from the celebrity.

Possible baby? Where the heck do you get that from? :blink:

she has vaguely mentioned it..enough to scare this fan

she has vaguely mentioned it..enough to scare this fan
Not sure if you subscribe to SiriusXM NASCAR Radio or not but Danica was on Claire B Lang's show one night earlier this week. I listened to the replay this morning. She's all about this new clothing line and workout book she's got coming out. Contrary to popular belief, she sounds like she's spending a tremendous amount of time on those two projects.

When asked about how long she wants to race, she replied, the she doesn't know what the time frame is. She said though that the most important thing is having fun and running well on the track. She said running 20th or 25th is not fun so she said she will not do that forever as she has so many other things going on. She said that if that is how it is going to continue to go, she doesn't need to do it. She wants to be running in the top 15 and have much better finishes.

I gotta tell you. I get the impression from the interview that if things don't improve, she'll be moving on..... and soon.

I think my 'she' count on that post is somewhere about 12. :D

Not sure if you subscribe to SiriusXM NASCAR Radio or not but Danica was on Claire B Lang's show one night earlier this week. I listened to the replay this morning. She's all about this new clothing line and workout book she's got coming out. Contrary to popular belief, she sounds like she's spending a tremendous amount of time on those two projects.

When asked about how long she wants to race, she replied, the she doesn't know what the time frame is. She said though that the most important thing is having fun and running well on the track. She said running 20th or 25th is not fun so she said she will not do that forever as she has so many other things going on. She said that if that is how it is going to continue to go, she doesn't need to do it. She wants to be running in the top 15 and have much better finishes.

I gotta tell you. I get the impression from the interview that if things don't improve, she'll be moving on..... and soon.

I think my 'she' count on that post is somewhere about 12. :D

yeah...Im scared as heck and to the haters that say she doesnt care how she runs she just wants to run, thats just not true.

yeah...Im scared as heck and to the haters that say she doesnt care how she runs she just wants to run, thats just not true.
My daughter doesn't really follow Nascar but she does follow Danica.Nascar has taken some hits,Stewart,Gordon,Edwards retirements,Jr. medical problems,fans not watching.It is like watching a boxing match and one boxer taking hit after hit,and you question how long he can last.

But does she really care how she runs? Did Martin Truex just say "whatever, I'm done" when he wasn't running well? Did Kurt Busch call it quits in the low of his career? No, because those guys are racecar drivers through and through and corporate faces second.

I just don't understand what it is people don't get. It isn't about being a "hater". I don't hate her. But she is not a racecar driver like Kevin Harvick or Brad Keselowski are racecar drivers. She's here to get maximum exposure and make a ton of money. Which is fine, because good for her honestly. But I don't believe she gives a damn about ever actually winning a championship, or even getting a top 5 for that matter, except to further promote herself for capital gain. She's the Paul Menard of SHR, seriously. Wouldn't surprise me one bit if she retired after her current contract expires (which would allow SHR to give Cole Custer the seat) and then she goes on to be a Jillian Michaels type like she wants to be and make money in the fitness and "active clothing" world for the next several years due to the notoriety she gained as a female in a "man's sport".

But does she really care how she runs? Did Martin Truex just say "whatever, I'm done" when he wasn't running well? Did Kurt Busch call it quits in the low of his career? No, because those guys are racecar drivers through and through and corporate faces second.

I just don't understand what it is people don't get. It isn't about being a "hater". I don't hate her. But she is not a racecar driver like Kevin Harvick or Brad Keselowski are racecar drivers. She's here to get maximum exposure and make a ton of money. Which is fine, because good for her honestly. But I don't believe she gives a damn about ever actually winning a championship, or even getting a top 5 for that matter, except to further promote herself for capital gain. She's the Paul Menard of SHR, seriously. Wouldn't surprise me one bit if she retired after her current contract expires (which would allow SHR to give Cole Custer the seat) and then she goes on to be a Jillian Michaels type like she wants to be and make money in the fitness and "active clothing" world for the next several years due to the notoriety she gained as a female in a "man's sport".

I agree.

I really hoped she would have been competing for better finishes by now, because a competitive Danica is good for Nascar. I want to see her run up front. But there will come a time where she still isn't showing improvement and she decides to hang it up. Sad but true.

I agree.

I really hoped she would have been competing for better finishes by now, because a competitive Danica is good for Nascar. I want to see her run up front. But there will come a time where she still isn't showing improvement and she decides to hang it up. Sad but true.

If she could wheel door to door with the best of 'em then I think that'd be really cool to see. But that has not been the case.

Really cool signature pictures you got there by the way. :cheers:

I don't see it as Danica hate, I see it as realism. She doesn't have the commitment to do what it takes to be a top 5 driver. But she has lots of company with guys like Menard, Kahne, McMurray, Biffle, etc. All of them have enough talent, they just don't give as much effort as is needed to win.

I cant see Danica being around a lot longer, it does sound like she wants to devote more time to her clothing line and fitness stuff, which is great.

I am with Cheesepuffs for the most part, I dont hate Danica, I hated all the marketing BS and constant Danica coverage her first years in NASCAR( X-Series/Cup), the coverage and hype didnt match her on track performance and that is what turned me off, I still would love to see her run up front outside of the plate tracks running for top 5 or heck even the win, I totally agree 2Sweet, that would be really good NASCAR .

and then she will have a baby? Maybe having Ricky is baby enough.

anyone who has seen her leave school to drive formula fords and see the hard hits she has taken in indycar knows she races cause she WANTS to...money is not everything...as seen by carl edwards retirement.

Interesting. I didn't know most of this.

What happened to...Rick Mast? Rick Mast was one of the more popular drivers to longtime NASCAR fans throughout the 1990's and early 2000's. Mast, from the tiny town of Rockbridge Baths, Virginia, was known for his loyalty and dedication. He enjoyed a solid career in NASCAR's top two national series before an illness cut his driving career short in 2002.

From here.

http://www.jayski.com/cupnews.htm#20170118b

Interesting comments from Dave Pericak on RFR. I wonder if they've discovered what cell phones are yet?

http://nascar.nbcsports.com/2017/01/18/ford-executive-encouraged-by-changes-at-roush-fenway-racing/

“I think Roush has made all of the right, now, decisions and changes within their organization to truly embrace becoming more of an engineering-led organization and putting the technology into these cars as opposed to just bolting some stuff together and going out on the racetrack,’’ Pericak told NBC Sports.

“I think there has been a huge acknowledgement on their side that there has to be a shift within their own organization, a shift within their leadership. We’ve helped them on a technical side of things to get their equipment up to speed. I’m optimistic that this year you’re going to see all of that coming together and you should see better performance out of that Roush organization.’’

Tony's 2017 schedule is coming together: http://www.motorsport.com/nascar-cu...-2017-racing-schedule-is-taking-shape-866683/

Stewart told Motorsport.com that the first of his 70-plus race schedule will kick off at Bubba Raceway Park on Feb. 9-11 in Ocala, Fla. If all goes according to plan, Stewart will join the series the following week at Volusia Speedway Park in Barberville, Fla.

“I will be (at Volusia) but if I don’t run, Christopher Bell will run the car.” said Stewart following a press conference at Ford Performance Center in Concord, N.C. “It just depends on how I do and how I feel after running Ocala.
As for his own track -- Eldora Speedway -- Stewart says the only thing we’ll be driving is “the tractor”. The Knoxville Nationals is also a possibility, although Stewart doesn’t expect to be ready for the 2017 event. Still, he’s not ruling it out racing at the Iowa classic in the future.
Racing on pavement is also on Stewart’s short list. Although he was disappointed that an opportunity didn't fall through for Le Mans, Stewart would like to run sports cars in the future. One of the benefits of team ownership — and adding Xfinity teams at Stewart-Haas Racing — is the potential of running one-offs particularly at road courses.

Stewart is also looking forward to his debut in the Little 500 in Anderson, Ind.

“It’s a 500-lap race the night before the Indy 500,” Stewart said. “I’ve never ran it, so it’s been a bucket list race that I’m going to run. You want to qualify on the front row cause it’s 500 laps.”

Interesting. I didn't know most of this.

What happened to...Rick Mast? Rick Mast was one of the more popular drivers to longtime NASCAR fans throughout the 1990's and early 2000's. Mast, from the tiny town of Rockbridge Baths, Virginia, was known for his loyalty and dedication. He enjoyed a solid career in NASCAR's top two national series before an illness cut his driving career short in 2002.

From here.

http://www.jayski.com/cupnews.htm#20170118b

Rick Mast is awesome. IMO, he's one of the best to never win a Cup race. Very underrated driver who had a couple good years in average equipment.

Rick Mast is awesome. IMO, he's one of the best to never win a Cup race. Very underrated driver who had a couple good years in average equipment.
Rick..... along with half the field years ago drove for Junie Donalevey....... you are right that it was average equipment... and they done the best that they could.... because Junie gave them the best he could... as long as I live... I will give accoladesJunie to Junie Donalevey and all the drivers who passed thru his garage....... I really don't think Junie ever thought how many drivers he might help by him being so resilient in his racing endeavors......

Rick..... along with half the field years ago drove for Junie Donalevey....... you are right that it was average equipment... and they done the best that they could.... because Junie gave them the best he could... as long as I live... I will give accoladesJunie to Junie Donalevey and all the drivers who passed thru his garage....... I really don't think Junie ever thought how many drivers he might help by him being so resilient in his racing endeavors......

Yep. Junie Donlavey was a legendary owner, but it certainly wasn't a top tier program. The best ride Rick ever got was with Richard Jackson, which was far from a good ride, but Rick ran up front quite a bit and came close to winning a few times in 1994.

1-rick-mast-jpg.5943

aug-1995-nascar-driver-rick-mast-pilots-his-skoal-sponsored-racecar-picture-id232857

1996RickMast-vi.jpg

Back
Top Bottom