Random NASCAR Stuff to talk about.....

I knew I was likely to regret starting that. I gave up after the first 1:30, when I had no idea what the heck was going on.

EDIT: But I'm sure it turned out to be 'edgy'.

My father and I could only put our butts in Andy's seats once each race, and we did for all but one event. He doesn't own it any more, and I just realized I no longer feel any loyalty to the place; just nostalgia.

Life happens.

My brother was there for the last race. He had to get the camper towed out of the mud. :eek:

Sorry to say I never got there.

My brother was there for the last race. He had to get the camper towed out of the mud. :eek:

Sorry to say I never got there.
The next time someone wants to build a new track, it should be a moderately high-banked 1-miler with a slightly banked kink on the front stretch. It would be best if he could arrange to have sand blown across it every time the wind kicks up, but I'll settle for dusting it down heavily a few weeks before race day and then having the jet driers clear it. :D

Reactions: Pat
Found: The Last Wing Car

http://www.hotrod.com/articles/foun..._fb_social_HRN_170302_sf59834032&sf59834032=1

001-rossi-bill-mario-wing-car-305-nascar.jpg

Beats closing the place.
That's for sure. Back in the late 80's, early 90's we used to go to that place sitting back on the old wooden bleachers coming out of turn #2. Awesome seats that were tore down long ago. We watched that place get built up sky high only to be tore down again.

And here I thought it was only the 2nd.....

2,500th Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series Race

Milestone Alert: 2,500th Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series Race
Sunday's Folds of Honor QuikTrip 500 at Atlanta Motor Speedway marks the 2,500th Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series race.

Below are some stats from the first 2,499 Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series races.

· The first Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series race was held at Charlotte Speedway in Charlotte, North Carolina on June 19, 1949 - the race was won by Jim Roper (Lincoln)
· 186 drivers have won a race
· The series has competed on 156 different tracks
· 224 different drivers have won a Coors Light Pole
· 2,536 drivers have made a start

http://www.espn.com/jayski/cup/2017/story/_/id/18813662/2500th-monster-energy-nascar-cup-series-race

I watched the Xfinity race and the truck race and was happy to see the return to normal "make your move" style of racing at Atlanta. Don't get me wrong I like Daytona, but the "pack racing" and bump drafting ain't racing. There were more wrecks and I just got bored after awhile. JMHO FWIW

Personally, I understand the whole "segment thingy" at Daytona - it made for a better race IMO and kept drivers from just dropping back for 400 miles.

How this will work at a track like AMS is ????

Why I remember when my grandpappy made pure home made Monster Energy drink from his distillery out back.
Then he and his buddies would deliver it in souped-up hot rods all over the southeast, outrunning law enforcement on dirt back roads. Eventually they got together between delivery runs to see who had the fastest car. The rest is history...

I was wondering why the Atlanta race was scheduled to start at 2:45 instead of 1:15. I assume Fox made that call for some ratings-related reason, but I'd like to know the logic behind it. It seems to me that a later starting time gives people too much opportunity to get involved in other things.

Is it just me, or do we have more day races finishing under the lights than we used to have?
That'll probably end next week. The time springs forward Sunday morning and the days are also getting longer.

I was wondering why the Atlanta race was scheduled to start at 2:45 instead of 1:15. I assume Fox made that call for some ratings-related reason, but I'd like to know the logic behind it. It seems to me that a later starting time gives people too much opportunity to get involved in other things.
Trying to capture more of the audience out West I guess. Only three races are scheduled to start before 2 PM Eastern this season. Maybe more people in general are sitting at home towards the finish with the later start times.

maybe having NASCAR drivers on Nickelodeon rather then Kelly would help the youth like the sport.

Back
Top Bottom