Random NASCAR Stuff to talk about.....

Looks like someone with E-Weed Whacker had the same question. Unfortunately, now it looks like I'm asking you about the Rolex TV schedule! I better ask to have mine delete.
Note: All times are ET.

TUESDAY January 22
On MRN
7 p.m., NASCAR Live

THURSDAY, January 24
2 p.m., IMSA Preview Show, NBCSN/NBC Sports App
3 p.m., Rolex 24 at Daytona qualifying, NBCSN/NBC Sports App

SATURDAY, January 26
1 p.m., IMSA Preview Show, NBCSN/NBC Sports App (re-air)
2 p.m., Rolex 24 at Daytona, NBCSN/NBC Sports App
5 p.m., Rolex 24 at Daytona, NBC Sports App
9 p.m., Rolex 24 at Daytona, NBCSN/NBC Sports App

SUNDAY, January 27
Midnight, Rolex 24 at Daytona, NBCSN/NBC Sports App
3 a.m., Rolex 24 at Daytona, NBC Sports App
6 a.m., Rolex 24 at Daytona, NBCSN/NBC Sports App

Woke up to -40 F. -33 F right now and the wind chill is -51 F. Coldest day so far this winter
with more to come. :(

Sonoma Raceway launches Victory Lane Club
The Victory Lane Club is Sonoma Raceway's exclusive new fan club. It allows ticket buyers to customize their race-weekend experience within its tiered pricing structure. Fans can choose one of three tiers, ranging from $59-$199, depending on the desired amenities. All three levels include race-weekend ticket discounts, reserved parking, an official member hard card and lanyard, as well as complimentary tickets to additional events, such as Sonoma Speed Festival, Lucas Oil Division 7 Drag Races and Classic Sports Racing Group's Charity Challenge.

http://www.espn.com/jayski/cup/2019/story/_/id/25808515/sonoma-raceway-launches-victory-lane-club

Reactions: Pat
Sonoma Raceway launches Victory Lane Club
The Victory Lane Club is Sonoma Raceway's exclusive new fan club. It allows ticket buyers to customize their race-weekend experience within its tiered pricing structure. Fans can choose one of three tiers, ranging from $59-$199, depending on the desired amenities. All three levels include race-weekend ticket discounts, reserved parking, an official member hard card and lanyard, as well as complimentary tickets to additional events, such as Sonoma Speed Festival, Lucas Oil Division 7 Drag Races and Classic Sports Racing Group's Charity Challenge.

http://www.espn.com/jayski/cup/2019/story/_/id/25808515/sonoma-raceway-launches-victory-lane-club

Sigh. I wish I could get there. It looks like a great deal to me.

Daytona International Speedway

31 mins ·
Facebook Creator
·
Bring on the cars! One step closer to the #Rolex24!
Rolex1.jpg
Rolex2.jpg

We're going this year. We're making an 8,000 mile round trip to the Oregon California border pulling the beast. That includes a stop in Sonoma for the race.

Wow! That's a long haul. I'll bet worth it too.

Wow! That's a long haul. I'll bet worth it too.
I've already got it planned, mapped out and the reservations made. It'll be about a month and include all of the sights and such that we haven't already been to. We're really looking forward to it. I'll post it in the "vacation" thread and the "race pics and experiences" thread.

I've already got it planned, mapped out and the reservations made. It'll be about a month and include all of the sights and such that we haven't already been to. We're really looking forward to it. I'll post it in the "vacation" thread and the "race pics and experiences" thread.
If you haven't already been to Crater Lake NP, it's well worth trying to fit it in.

If you haven't already been to Crater Lake NP, it's well worth trying to fit it in.
Thanks. We don't have time this year but we'll put it in our next trip up. Hopefully next year. This year we're going up I-5 through grants pass to 199 south and down the Pacific Coast Highway. It's going to be a helluva trip. I'll post the route in the Vacation thread.

Too swanky, needs some flames, checkered something.:D I know Nascar has more women fans in proportion to others, so maybe that's it. :D

Ally/HMS drop it off curbside -- and I'll roll it in the garage myself

then bask in all its garish glory as I watch NASCAR on the monitor and work on my motorcycles! :D

Checkered Flag waves -- start the clock:

30 minute Amnesty Zone -- Pit Road, Garage, Hauler-ville, Press Conference, Racetrack Medical Center, etc.

Pure unfiltered "Racing" analysis/commentary/callouts by the competitors -- Drivers, CC, Crew, Owners, etc. with 15 second delay for broadcasters, except Cable guys and SatRadio who can put it out in real time.

No fines for language, personal observations against fellow competitors, NASCAR, sponsors, etc. No religion, race, or non-NASCAR family taunts.

No glossed over race coverage from the booth and Corporate commentary crew -- fans deserve straight forward reporting and commentary on the race, especially on controvery/s; especially to include NASCAR controversial calls.

IMHO :D

You don't even need a sheet of aluminum. Get a sheet of notebook paper. Bend two edges down so the paper has a couple of short 'legs'. Stand it on the legs and blow under it. The center will pull down. It's very difficult to actually blow the paper over.

Reactions: Pat
You don't even need a sheet of aluminum. Get a sheet of notebook paper. Bend two edges down so the paper has a couple of short 'legs'. Stand it on the legs and blow under it. The center will pull down. It's very difficult to actually blow the paper over.

Try it with a one hundred dollar bill on a busy city street. :)

Back
Top Bottom