Random NASCAR Stuff to talk about.....

Those Garage Shops should sell Daytona Commemorative "Channel Lock" style tool of the teams tool brand -- for charity, NASCAR marketing, Team marketing, and utility.

Win-Win-Win-Win!

I'd stand in line for the Penske Cup Champion Logano Snap-on edition.

===

(Channel Locks being my tool of choice for pick-a-part junk yards in the 70's and 80's)

Good Petty story
g5uOy7a.jpg

https://bench-racing.blogspot.com/2019/01/history-springs-back-to-level-cross.html

Look closely. There was a quarter placed on the rail cushion that he knocked off. It's a lot harder to do than it looks. A bar/party game for drinks or bets.

It doesn't look that hard but I believe you.

Dega is torn up, turn three

i

Donnie Allison and Red Farmer made a pit stop at Talladega Superspeedway and got a first-hand look of the progress of the new Turn 3 Oversized Vehicle Tunnel. Talladega Superspeedway

"I have done a lot of things in my day, but today was a first," joked 86-year-old Farmer, the two-time Talladega ARCA Series winner (1984, 1988) who will be inducted into the National Motorsports Press Association's Hall of Fame this coming Sunday night along with six-time Talladega victor Jeff Gordon. "It was cool. I almost felt like I was in my deer stand.
"Talladega Superspeedway is the absolute best," added Allison, who said he was the first driver to make laps in a race car during the first test at the track in '69. "It's why I am here today. It's just the greatest place, and the racing here is second to none. And, NASCAR continues to do things to make the racing even better so I can't wait to come back here in April. It's going to be incredible."

http://www.espn.com/jayski/cup/2019...-allison-red-farmer-tour-talladega-new-tunnel

Dega is torn up, turn three

i

Donnie Allison and Red Farmer made a pit stop at Talladega Superspeedway and got a first-hand look of the progress of the new Turn 3 Oversized Vehicle Tunnel. Talladega Superspeedway

"I have done a lot of things in my day, but today was a first," joked 86-year-old Farmer, the two-time Talladega ARCA Series winner (1984, 1988) who will be inducted into the National Motorsports Press Association's Hall of Fame this coming Sunday night along with six-time Talladega victor Jeff Gordon. "It was cool. I almost felt like I was in my deer stand.
"Talladega Superspeedway is the absolute best," added Allison, who said he was the first driver to make laps in a race car during the first test at the track in '69. "It's why I am here today. It's just the greatest place, and the racing here is second to none. And, NASCAR continues to do things to make the racing even better so I can't wait to come back here in April. It's going to be incredible."

http://www.espn.com/jayski/cup/2019...-allison-red-farmer-tour-talladega-new-tunnel

I sure hope these folks used a different tape measure than the one they used out in Phoenix!

Why they heck should anybody care? Last time I looked, Fox is paying their salary.
Because I think they don't bring anything to the coverage. Indeed, I think many of them are distractions from the racing coverage. This includes Rutledge, anyone who's hanging out in an infield rig where they aren't facing the track, or back in a studio at the network, telling us about the same graphics for the umpteenth time. They have enough people to cover the race; whatever else they find for these other guys to do is by definition not race coverage and therefore a waste of green flag airtime.

How many analysts, booth gerbils, pit road reporters, Hotel / Pitbox / studio hosts, rules experts, and 'lifestyle' hipsters do the networks need? I like Ricky, but c'mon.

Three in the booth, three or four on pit road; let the rest go.
They need quite a few to make a 3 hour show when their agenda is to show minimal racing.
I guess they are trying to make every race a "rain delay" with out driver interviews.

Because I think they don't bring anything to the coverage. Indeed, I think many of them are distractions from the racing coverage. This includes Rutledge, anyone who's hanging out in an infield rig where they aren't facing the track, or back in a studio at the network, telling us about the same graphics for the umpteenth time. They have enough people to cover the race; whatever else they find for these other guys to do is by definition not race coverage and therefore a waste of green flag airtime.
They should try something new like "showing the race with out showing interviewers". I agree, Rutledge is for people who can't focus on racing.
IMO people who like what Rutledge brings to the program need a care taker.

^ But but but... surely there must be some mistake. They're "throwing the book" at owner David Gilliland and driver Ty Gibbs for cheating on the testing ban. What would The Preacher say about this?

Gibbs_Ty_Testing_Penalty.jpg

Back
Top Bottom