Random NASCAR Stuff to talk about.....

Besides the point, he is being punished for something he has no control over.
It's a team sport. The driver 'gets punished' when a tire gets loose or a crewman is over the wall early. Same principle here.

On the other hand, the crew gets punished when the driver speeds on pit road AND then speeds again on the drive-thru penalty lap.

Nascar DQ'd the car, that gave everybody involved with the 48 a penalty except some who are on salary. The car earned no points, they didn't advance to the next round but they will continue to race for 9th place. Who knows what is going to happen to those internally at Hendrick that were responsible for the weights.

In NASCAR, when a car gets DQ'd like the 48 did, does the owner still receive purse/prize money? I've looked but can't seem to find it. I know in other sanctions a DQ means no money and most of the time either a suspension or probation.

In NASCAR, when a car gets DQ'd like the 48 did, does the owner still receive purse/prize money? I've looked but can't seem to find it. I know in other sanctions a DQ means no money and most of the time either a suspension or probation.
The 48 car has been reduced to 9th in owner points and won't be allowed to go any higher no matter how well they do in the last 4 races. They can do worse than 9th money.

Did you mean the purse for the race, or the season?

I'm pretty sure they won't get prize money for Charlotte. DQ means it's as if you were never there, didn't qualify, and didn't start.

I thought anyone eliminated could still make it to 5th in points?
You can see how the points are fudged up. There is no way the 48 is going any higher than 9th. They could win every last race and it wouldn't happen..
1729086262497.png

1729085970289.png

Isn't there another points reset after this round?
As Ray said, yes … but only for cars moving ahead in the playoffs.

As drivers are eliminated, they’re able to move up or down in the final standings but only within the group of 4 they’re part of. The resets put a couple of thousand points between groups.

As Ray said, yes … but only for cars moving ahead in the playoffs.

As cars are eliminated, they’re able to move up or down in the final standings but only within the group of 4 they’re part of. The resets put a couple of thousand points between groups.
No that's not correct. Going into Phoenix, the cars in 5th-8th will drop back to the 2000s. Theoretically, any non final four driver could finish 5th-16th. Here is last year:

Attachments

• download.png
    download.png
    195.1 KB · Views: 12
Going into Phoenix, the cars in 5th-8th will drop back to the 2000s. Theoretically, any non final four driver could finish 5th-16th.
I learned something today.

I'd still prefer NASCAR just declare which drivers are playoff eligible and then do scoring during the playoffs the same as the rest of the season. Phoenix decides only the champ, and all other positions 36th through 2nd are based solely on the total points earned during the season. If a non playoff team rips off ten straight top 5s, let it pass the weak sister playoff teams in the final standings.

Yeah me too. This playoff points system is so simple anybody should be able to understand it.
It is, unless you insist on trying not to understand it because you want to beat a dead horse over and over and over again for years.

Did you mean the purse for the race, or the season?

I'm pretty sure they won't get prize money for Charlotte. DQ means it's as if you were never there, didn't qualify, and didn't start.

I was asking about the race they were DQ'd from. I should've been more clear in what I meant. I just assumed they wouldn't get paid for the race but couldn't find anything confirming that.

What I want to see so it is fair for all of the 16 "play off drivers" is for the last race to be held at Daytona. I think young Harrison in the 21 has the same chance as Kyle Larson. After all he executed a perfect win and you are in move.

What I want to see so it is fair for all of the 16 "play off drivers" is for the last race to be held at Daytona. I think young Harrison in the 21 has the same chance as Kyle Larson. After all he executed a perfect win and you are in move.
Would you take off your shoes and step on this copper plate over here? If you're properly grounded when you're struck, it will minimize the danger to rest of us.

Thanks ever so much!

Would you take off your shoes and step on this copper plate over here? If you're properly grounded when you're struck, it will minimize the danger to rest of us.

Thanks ever so much!
If per chance there is a tie, the runoff race will be held at Talladega. I want to see a fair and equitable way to crown a Cup Champion.

Back
Top Bottom