Random NASCAR Stuff to talk about.....

Quick question. Is it normal for tracks to charge entry for practice if you bought a "weekend" ticket?

Long story short, I bought "weekend" package tickets for Bristol this weekend way back in October. After announcing that Bristol Dirt was getting practice and qualifying for this race, Bristol Motor Speedway emailed me asking if I wanted to add Friday's practice to my ticket for $15 per ticket. I have only ever bought single day tickets to NASCAR races in the past, so I was just wondering if this is normal for NASCAR as far as tickets go. Thanks.

FB_IMG_1616472888934.jpg

Quick question. Is it normal for tracks to charge entry for practice if you bought a "weekend" ticket?

Long story short, I bought "weekend" package tickets for Bristol this weekend way back in October. After announcing that Bristol Dirt was getting practice and qualifying for this race, Bristol Motor Speedway emailed me asking if I wanted to add Friday's practice to my ticket for $15 per ticket. I have only ever bought single day tickets to NASCAR races in the past, so I was just wondering if this is normal for NASCAR as far as tickets go. Thanks.
Good question. I have bought weekend tickets for Atlanta back in the day that included all 3 days. Not sure at this point what would be considered normal. It might have to do with crowd control and attendance on Friday. They certainly won't have the same level of staff and concessions for Friday so maybe this is one way for them to limit the attendance. $15 isn't too bad, that was the price for nachos and a beer at Daytona. You did good buying tickets back in October. I wished I had.

Good question. I have bought weekend tickets for Atlanta back in the day that included all 3 days. Not sure at this point what would be considered normal. It might have to do with crowd control and attendance on Friday. They certainly won't have the same level of staff and concessions for Friday so maybe this is one way for them to limit the attendance. $15 isn't too bad, that was the price for nachos and a beer at Daytona. You did good buying tickets back in October. I wished I had.

Thanks. I am unable to make Friday's practice, but I did think it was odd that they wanted me to buy a separate ticket to go. I'm sure it has to do with their protocols but wanted to know from the NASCAR regulars if my experience was an outlier.

And I am definitely pretty excited to be able to go to this particular event. Should be fun.

You wouldn't be adding Friday to your 'ticket', you'd be adding it to your ticket PACKAGE.

I've purchased ticket packages dozens of times, and what I always received was individual tickets for each day. One for Friday if scheduled, one for Saturday, one for Sunday. In this case, there were only two days originally schedule, Sat and Sun. If an extra day is added, I would expect to be charged for an extra ticket, if only because it will cost the track a bit to be open, manage the facility, clean the johns, provide security, etc. I doubt they're making much profit off that $15.

I hope they won't bring the hard ones, but we know they probably will. Repeat of the old single file package, skip pit stops to pass or take two because the rocks don't wear out. We haven't seen much of that lately. Tires need to wear or it won't be much of a race IMO.

It’s good to see Biden finally promoting the vaccine as a positive after him and his campaign spent months downplaying it and his VP saying she wouldn’t even get it. Putting politics before public safety is dangerous.

Considering F1 just set a record for highest American viewership of a Grand Prix ever, due to F1 Drive to Survive on Netflix.

I really think a Drive to Survive style docuseries on Netflix would do wonders for NASCAR's popularity here.. Hey NASCAR, THAT's how you attract that younger audience you desperately need

"F1’s Bahrain Grand Prix on ESPN2 averaged a 0.53 Nielsen rating and 879,000 household viewers."

"NASCAR Cup Series race at Bristol averaged a 1.8 rating and 3.1 million viewers on FOX. While those are understandably off Cup’s usual weekend numbers, they correspond pretty closely to the 2.1/3.36m for the 2020 June race at Talladega race on FOX, which was also rain-delayed to Monday."

"The NASCAR Camping World Truck Series also was delayed to Monday for its Bristol dirt debut, and averaged 618,000 viewers on FS1"

Considering F1 just set a record for highest American viewership of a Grand Prix ever, due to F1 Drive to Survive on Netflix.
"F1’s Bahrain Grand Prix on ESPN2 averaged a 0.53 Nielsen rating and 879,000 household viewers."
Less than 900K and that's a record? It's all relative, I guess.

I really think a Drive to Survive style docuseries on Netflix would do wonders for NASCAR's popularity here.. Hey NASCAR, THAT's how you attract that younger audience you desperately need
Pretty sure it’s been reported multiple times they’re working on a deal for a docuseries of sorts.

Back
Top Bottom