Random NASCAR Stuff to talk about.....

I still don't think Bristol Dirt was as good as people claimed it was, I see it a lot like The Force Awakens, nostalgia and newness making it seem better than it actually was

Don't get me wrong, the race wasn't a farce, it just wasn't as good as people thought it was, once the track rubbered up after 150 laps, it became a single lane race

The biggest roadblock NASCAR has to growth is the redneck stereotype

It needs to go ASAP, a NASCAR Drive to Survive could accomplish that

The biggest roadblock NASCAR has to growth is the redneck stereotype

It needs to go ASAP, a NASCAR Drive to Survive could accomplish that
I disagree. If that were true the explosion that occurred in the 90’s popularity-wise wouldn’t have happened. EVERYONE was a nascar fan, usually jumped on one of the winners. If they were true fans of the racing and sport, they’d still be here. None of the current drivers have that “redneck” air (Sp?) about them nor CCs. If you are referring to fans, sure, there is that element but they are in college and pro football games too.

Pretty much every post from you is about how much everything about nascar sucks now.....why do you still watch it?
For a long time claimed they didn't. Was hard to believe since even then they had a comment about many goings-on and on track action.

Playoffs suck
I get it...the made for TV faux drama invented for media hype is, if you look from the 30,000 ft level that you can scope from the beginning of NASCAR to today, is an assault on the true believers senses, but it is all we have. So unfortunately, we have to live with it and some of us just try to ignore it.

Every family has that one uncle.

Pretty much every post from you is about how much everything about nascar sucks now.....why do you still watch it?
For a long time claimed they didn't. Was hard to believe since even then they had a comment about many goings-on and on track action.

Bob's your uncle has been very creative over the years. He had list he published years ago in "the Brian's" reign of all the things he hated about Nascar, later he fell on his sword and announced that HE was done, he wasn't going to watch Nascar anymore. Could we be so lucky? Ah, that lasted about half a season, but he commented in his usual way almost the whole time that showed he was still watching.
Then came the playoff rants. His newest story was that because of the new playoff system he was only going to follow the regular season and he couldn't stand to watch the playoffs (I am not making this stuff up folks). Of course now ol' Bob is watching every race and we all know the outcome of that. He's a Nascar Fan, not a typical one and he can't quit watching no matter what is the bottom line.

I get it...the made for TV faux drama invented for media hype is, if you look from the 30,000 ft level that you can scope from the beginning of NASCAR to today, is an assault on the true believers senses, but it is all we have. So unfortunately, we have to live with it and some of us just try to ignore it.
True believers Jesus christ

I am going to say this now, Jr. ain't a gonna go cup racing.
Didn’t want to clog up the Berry thread so I quoted you here.

Just curious why you think this? He seems interested in acquiring a charter.

IMO I think he’s going to wait and see how the NextGen car plays out this season and make a push to purchase a charter for the following season. Just speculation from me of course.

Things do change
If you only have 350 of those millions, why give 20 away to Nascar?
On the other hand, I would bet Junior would make back his 20 just making commercials for his sponsors like he did with Mickey for Napa.

If you only have 350 of those millions, why give 20 away to Nascar?
On the other hand, I would bet Junior would make back his 20 just making commercials for his sponsors like he did with Mickey for Napa.
If you could buy a charter for 10 million like Jr thought, but now he thinks they are going for 20 million, I don't see how "giving" 10 million to any owner for their charter and a short time later it is worth 20 million is a problem.
I also think that Jr motorsports has been coat tailing from Hendrick racing and there are many advantages to NOT competing head to head with HMS like they would be doing if they went to cup. A cup affiliation or going it alone in the cup series because of the new car, is a whole different animal than being the HMS farm team. They could lose their birds nest they have on the ground with HMS in the long run.

Even last year Erik Jones was told over radio to not pass the 11 car.
And NASCAR said it was OK

There's a new NASCAR website coming, and from a surprising source...

Among all American racing journalists, Matt Weaver is the one who is known for presenting informed, nuanced discussions and opinions about the competing philosophies to guide NASCAR racing... is it purely an entertainment property, or is it a sporting contest of skill that compels fans of racing to watch?

There are opinions both ways, of course, but Weaver's disdain for NASCAR's NA18D "racertainment package" is well known. So it was surprising, at least to me, to see that he will head up the RTA's digital media operations... which is an area of high emphasis for the RTA.

Back
Top Bottom