Random NASCAR Stuff to talk about.....

^^^^^^Awe hell naw!^^^^^^

!
cannot_be_unseen.jpg

Welp, I'm back and ready for 500 miles at Texas... no medical exemption required. A couple weeks ago, a cardiologist hooked me up to his dynamometer for a stress test, which indicated a clogged oil line or something. So yesterday they bolted me down to a table for a tune up. The doc looked like Smokey Yunick in a white lab coat. I got bored and stroked, honed and torqued, and with a cheated up stent hidden away where the tech inspectors couldn't find it. And home by 7 pm, feeling pretty good and ready for the green flag. Let's go!

Welp, I'm back and ready for 500 miles at Texas... no medical exemption required. A couple weeks ago, a cardiologist hooked me up to his dynamometer for a stress test, which indicated a clogged oil line or something. So yesterday they bolted me down to a table for a tune up. The doc looked like Smokey Yunick in a white lab coat. I got bored and stroked, honed and torqued, and with a cheated up stent hidden away where the tech inspectors couldn't find it. And home by 7 pm, feeling pretty good and ready for the green flag. Let's go!
Great news.

Richard Petty looks 10 years younger with that goatee.

I know the hat and glasses help hide his age, but he looks really damn good for being that old.
I had the same reaction. I even wondered if it wasn't Kyle.

But if your in the top 4 for the final race, points don't matter.
That is the point. Right now all the talk would be about Larson and Hamlin because those two have it sowed up for first and second for the year. Compared to this chase deal with the four car parley for the championship and the drama getting there.

My biggest fear about the new NASCAR direction of pack racing everywhere is that a repeat of the tragedy at Las Vegas ten years ago could happen

My biggest fear about the new NASCAR direction of pack racing everywhere is that a repeat of the tragedy at Las Vegas ten years ago could happen

Highly doubt it. They are only going 185 or so which is a big difference between even 195-200.

I’m so tired of people not seeing why F1 is doing better. It has legendary battles on a yearly basis, NASCAR hasn’t had a true rivalry in years.

Earnhardt/Gordon is what built this thing up, sport needs another one or else it doesn’t matter how damn good this new car is

I’m so tired of people not seeing why F1 is doing better. It has legendary battles on a yearly basis, NASCAR hasn’t had a true rivalry in years.

Earnhardt/Gordon is what built this thing up, sport needs another one or else it doesn’t matter how damn good this new car is

You know why I’m not interested in F1? There’s no American superstar driver in god knows how long. There’s no American media that covers it much. SkySports does decent I suppose.

Enlighten me on the rivalries in F1? I’m honestly asking.

I'm tired of people telling me F1 is great when there are more passes in a single NASCAR truck race then F1 has in a season. IT IS BAD RACING

Reactions: sdj
I'm tired of people telling me F1 is great when there are more passes in a single NASCAR truck race then F1 has in a season. IT IS BAD RACING

I lasted thru the Willy T Ribbs segment at COTA then about 5 minutes after that I couldn't take it anymore.

You know why I’m not interested in F1? There’s no American superstar driver in god knows how long. There’s no American media that covers it much. SkySports does decent I suppose.

Enlighten me on the rivalries in F1? I’m honestly asking.
Well you regularly have rivalries between teammates (Rosberg/Hamilton, Verstappen/Riccardo) and now you've had this epic championship battle. If anything I hope NASCAR realizes this and discards their elimination format. We saw this a few years ago with Brad Sweet beating Donny Schatz by only 4 points. There's just something about racing and baseball that makes late season title hunts so awesome

This weekend needs to be a wake up call to NASCAR's front office and track promoters. Admittedly, F1 is an inferior on track product, but their marketing is something that completely blows NASCAR's away. They do a better job at making EVERY race feel like a special event, outside of Daytona, NASCAR just goes through the motions.

One of the most important races of the Cup season (even under the classic format, we'd still be witnessing a close battle between Larson and Hamlin, I know they would race differently, but it's not the point) got completely overshadowed.

This entire scenario makes me think of AOWR during the NASCAR explosion of the 1990s and 2000s, CART and IRL fans were busy thinking "everything was fine", while NASCAR was growing and starting to lap them in popularity. Guess what happened a few years later, CART went under, and AOWR became completely irrelevant outside of the Indy 500. That same fate awaits NASCAR (Complete irrelevance outside of the Daytona 500) unless they get their act together, from a promotional and marketing standpoint

Kinda hard when half of the fan base doesn’t want practice and the other half does. Lol.

Everyone wants short tracks back and then they don’t show up to them, but Atlanta gets two races and everyone shows up.

NASCAR needs a good title sponsor such as Coca-Cola and a lot more music / fan festivals, etc.

Kinda hard when half of the fan base doesn’t want practice and the other half does. Lol.

Everyone wants short tracks back and then they don’t show up to them, but Atlanta gets two races and everyone shows up.
I want practice and qualifying back, make Cup races a full weekend again.

Also, better promotion, make tracks have to fight to keep their spot on the schedule. Imagine a NASCAR Cup car doing burnouts in Olympic Park to promote the NASCAR Cup weekend in Atlanta

Back
Top Bottom