Random NASCAR Stuff to talk about.....

1659991301453.png

Cool deal here. 👇👇👇

Bubba Wallace and NASCAR Host Bubba’s Block Party at Richmond Raceway

Thousands Attend First-Time Event Featuring Live Music and Local Food Trucks

Ahead of NASCAR Races This Weekend

RICHMOND, Va. (Aug. 12, 2022) – NASCAR and 23XI Racing driver Bubba Wallace hosted a community block party at Richmond Raceway on August 11, a first-time event designed to engage new fan audiences and bring local families to the racetrack ahead of a full weekend of NASCAR racing action.

Bubba’s Block Party was free to the public and attended by thousands of Richmond residents who enjoyed NASCAR’s virtual iRacing experience, pit stop demonstrations and a variety of Black-owned food trucks from the local community. Multi-platinum hip-hop artist Wale headlined the live music performances which also featured DJ Domo, Rob V and the Virginia State University Trojan Explosion Marching Band.

“I feel that our sport as a whole has made real gains in expanding and diversifying our fan base, and with events like Bubba’s Block Party, my hope is that we can continue to attract minorities that may be curious to see what NASCAR has to offer,” said Wallace, who signed autographs and took photos with fans at the event. “NASCAR fans, both veteran and new, drive our sport and they are the reason I get to do what I love every Sunday. Now, I want others to feel welcomed to experience that thrill that only NASCAR has to offer.”

A first-of-its-kind event, Bubba’s Block Party was designed to drive awareness and engagement with the sport among the Black community while generating excitement for the race weekend ahead. Richmond Raceway will both NASCAR Camping World Truck Series and NASCAR Cup Series race events this weekend.

Wallace, who last season became the first Black driver to win a NASCAR Cup Series race since 1963, engaged the audience as part of a fireside chat hosted by NASCAR Vice President of Diversity and Inclusion, Brandon Thompson.

“Bubba’s Block Party is an initiative that will open the door for new fans to learn about our sport in a fun and unique way,” said Thompson. “It’s been really exciting to work with Bubba and phenomenal partners like DoorDash and Xfinity on this event as we continue to foster a community of inclusion and support.”

NASCAR joined forces with Black Restaurant Week for a food truck village at the event serving up local bites from Black-owned businesses to drive awareness, support and economic impact. Participating business included Traditionz Mobile Kitchen, K & M Salmon Balls & Cakes, Kingzz Water Ice, Fantabulous Chef Service LLC, Taste Good Authentic Jaflava, Hooks Lunchbox and Fries in Disguise.

Throughout the afternoon, attendees enjoyed live pit stop demonstrations hosted by Rev Racing drivers and crew members, took laps on iRacing simulators as part of the eNASCAR Arcade, and received free gear from Boys & Girls Clubs of America.

Bubba’s Block Party was inspired by an idea Wallace shared as part of NASCAR’s industry-wide DE&I committee, which meets regularly during the season to discuss ways to promote diversity, equity and inclusion across the sport. Thursday’s event, driven by culture and community, was produced by global creative agency Palette Group.

Richmond Raceway’s first-ever summer race weekend on Aug. 13-14, features the Worldwide Express 250 for Carrier Appreciation NASCAR Camping World Truck Series Playoffs on Saturday, Aug. 13 at 8:00 p.m. and the Federated Auto Parts 400 NASCAR Cup Series race on Sunday, Aug. 14 at 3:00 p.m. To join the summer race party at Richmond Raceway, NASCAR tickets are available for purchase via phone at 866-455-7223 or online at richmondraceway.com.

About NASCAR

The National Association for Stock Car Auto Racing, LLC (NASCAR) is the sanctioning body for the No. 1 form of motorsports in the United States and owner of 16 of the nation’s major motorsports entertainment facilities. NASCAR consists of three national series (NASCAR Cup Series™, NASCAR Xfinity Series™, and NASCAR Camping World Truck Series™), four regional series (ARCA Menards Series™, ARCA Menards Series East & West and the NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour™), one local grassroots series (NASCAR Advance Auto Parts Weekly Series™) and three international series (NASCAR Pinty’s Series™, NASCAR Mexico Series™, NASCAR Whelen Euro Series™). The International Motor Sports Association™ (IMSA®) governs the IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship™, the premier U.S. sports car series. NASCAR also owns Motor Racing Network, Racing Electronics, and ONE DAYTONA. Based in Daytona Beach, Florida, with offices in eight cities across North America, NASCAR sanctions more than 1,200 races in more than 30 U.S. states, Canada, Mexico and Europe. For more information visit www.NASCAR.com and www.IMSA.com, and follow NASCAR on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat (‘NASCAR’).

About Richmond Raceway

Richmond Raceway is America’s Premier Short Track annually hosting two NASCAR race weekends, featuring the NASCAR Cup Series and either the NASCAR Xfinity Series or NASCAR Camping World Truck Series, on the iconic ¾-mile D-shaped oval. Richmond Raceway is a regional leader for events including sports, live music and consumer trade shows. The Richmond Raceway Complex hosts more than 200 live events over 280 event days annually including concerts with top national recording artists at Virginia Credit Union LIVE!, the region’s only covered amphitheater. For more information, visit richmondraceway.com, richmondracewaycomplex.com, or vaculive.com.

Gawdamightee, July 4th was six weeks ago. The King's final win would have been just a special if had been on April 14th or October 26th. Anyway, at the time no one knew it was his last win.

For some strange reason , I can not imagine Bobby Allison , David Pearson and a few others doing the stupid Burnout..

Watching the pre race interview with Suarez and those other 2 , and I noticed the pit row car tool box gets larger every 2 -3 years. The one for the 9 car is as big as a pit row war wagon was in the mid to late 90s...
Just curious as to the need for such a large storage /A.P.U. cart on pit row pre race... You can't work on the car there, The garage has a massive toolbox, the war wagon , ( transported by Champion) is another tool vault, so why the need for the 3rd one?

The only thing they are changing from the last M-Ville is the left side tire. I don't think teams that aren't going are missing much compared to the costs involved.

Any change to the tires is significant, IMO.

All the front runners will be in attendance, load-sensors firmly attached.

Back
Top Bottom