Random NASCAR Stuff to talk about.....

gc1DGNu.jpg
Found this old photo

Didn’t Austin Dillon try that?

No, Austin Dillon did not. But Rollie Free did, at the Bonneville Salt flats on September 13, 1948. A record-setting run of 150.313 mph aboard a Vincent HRD. (All A. Dillon did was to flop in the grass... which has nothing to do with aerodynamics.)

Rollie Free Bonneville 1948.jpg

No, Austin Dillon did not. But Rollie Free did, at the Bonneville Salt flats on September 13, 1948. A record-setting run of 150.313 mph aboard a Vincent HRD. (All A. Dillon did was to flop in the grass... which has nothing to do with aerodynamics.)

View attachment 65062
Could have picked up an extra .4 or so if he’d shaved those legs.

I saw people saying once again that drivers claimed it was tough to pass at Bristol, making it sound like that's not how it's supposed to be. What exactly does that mean? I know nothing about the mechanics of the cars, but what makes it tough to pass? I mean, it's not supposed to be easy, is it? I didn't watch the race, but the top three finishers started outside the top 15. Was all their spots gained through strategy or were they that much better than the guys ahead of them?

Not sure where to post this, but it's something I just realized, and definitely a "random" stat.

In the last two consecutive races, the winner has gotten their second career win in the Cup series (Bubba and Buescher). Both guys won their first career race in rain shortened races. Has that ever happened before? Let alone happening in the playoffs by non-playoff drivers..

Back
Top Bottom