Random NASCAR Stuff to talk about.....

NASCAR also has an Asian American driver who won the championship just a few years ago and everyone calls him Yung Money but that's not the least bit racist but he said the N-word so now they paint him as white even though they continue to use a racial slur as a name for him but but but but Asians aren't POC and and and and.............

Who gives a $h!t......

DEI stands for Dale Earnhardt Incorporated

Weren't Confederate flags banned from touring series tracks years before the pictured drivers came along?
They weren't allowed on race cars but fans were allowed to fly them in the infield. Fans could voluntarily exchange Confederate Flags for American flags at races in 2015 but they were not officially banned until 2020.

They weren't allowed on race cars but fans were allowed to fly them in the infield. Fans could voluntarily exchange Confederate Flags for American flags at races in 2015 but they were not officially banned until 2020.
Correct. The flag is a symbol or slavery and racism for many. Wallace said: "No one should feel uncomfortable coming to a Nascar race.".

Never heard 'Yung Money' before this discussion. Had to Google 'POC' and scroll past the first results, a bike helmet company. I don't see either term working its way into my vocabulary.

Imagine if the Busch Clash was still @ Daytona International Speedway for 60 laps (150 miles) on the oval under the lights night before the Super Bowl and kicking off Daytona Speedweeks.

Pole Winners
#1 - Ross Chastain
#5 - Kyle Larson
#8 - Kyle Busch
#?? - Aric Almirola(?)
#11 - Denny Hamlin
#14 - Chase Briscoe
#19 - Martin Truex, Jr.
#20 - Christopher Bell
#22 - Joey Logano
#23 - Bubba Wallace
#24 - William Byron
#41 - Ryan Preece
#45 - Tyler Reddick
#48 - Alex Bowman
#99 - Daniel Suarez
Clash Winners
#6 - Brad Keselowski
#42/#84 - Jimmie Johnson(?)
#43 - Erik Jones
Daytona 500 Winners
#2 - Austin Cindric
#3 - Austin Dillon
#15/#?? - Ryan Newman (? - Doubtful to run Daytona)
#34 - Michael McDowell
#47 - Ricky Stenhouse, Jr.

Depending on semi-retired Cup drivers, you could have 20-23 cars for the Clash @ Daytona, not bad field.

Reactions: Pat
One dumb NASCAR take that I hear constantly from older NASCAR fans, that needs to die is that "NASCAR needs to go back to REAL stock cars"

They haven't been true production cars since 1967!. Ever since, they'vs basically been purpose built race cars, and yes that includes the Charger Daytona/Plymouth Superbird AND Ford Torino Talladega, which were specifically designed for NASCAR by Chrysler and Ford themselves. Same with the Monte Carlos, Regals, Thunderbirds, and Grand Prixs of the late 80s. Make no mistake about it, those cars, with their streamlined appearance and use of aerodynamic devices such as a rear wing, were designed to be race cars first and foremost.

The only reason those cars were even sold to the public at all, was because NASCAR rules at the time, required the cars to be produced and sold to the general public to be approved for NASCAR competition. It's a dumb take that needs to die.

One dumb NASCAR take that I hear constantly from older NASCAR fans, that needs to die is that "NASCAR needs to go back to REAL stock cars"

They haven't been true production cars since 1967!. Ever since, they'vs basically been purpose built race cars, and yes that includes the Charger Daytona/Plymouth Superbird AND Ford Torino Talladega, which were specifically designed for NASCAR by Chrysler and Ford themselves. Same with the Monte Carlos, Regals, Thunderbirds, and Grand Prixs of the late 80s. Make no mistake about it, those cars, with their streamlined appearance and use of aerodynamic devices such as a rear wing, were designed to be race cars first and foremost.

The only reason those cars were even sold to the public at all, was because NASCAR rules at the time, required the cars to be produced and sold to the general public to be approved for NASCAR competition. It's a dumb take that needs to die.
It won't. It should but it won't. Many of the same ones are calling it IROC while they are looking at three different cars from three different manufacturers. :idunno:

I'm definitely not sad about it. It just is. A whole bunch of sad people that continue to choose to lose. It's the path of least resistance. :idunno:

Exactly where do you "hear constantly from older fans..." this opinion?

IMSA Roar Before The 24 @ Daytona RC makes me want the Clash night race/ARCA weekend @ Daytona oval back the week before the 500.

Build more anticipation, maybe cut an Atlanta race to somewhere else like LA Coliseum regular season lol. 5 plate races & 1 preseason plate race is enough. Too many wrecks at Superspeedway pack ovals.

IMSA Roar Before The 24 @ Daytona RC makes me want the Clash night race/ARCA weekend @ Daytona oval back the week before the 500.

Build more anticipation, maybe cut an Atlanta race to somewhere else like LA Coliseum regular season lol. 5 plate races & 1 preseason plate race is enough. Too many wrecks at Superspeedway pack ovals.
So we can get The Crash before the Clash, I like it

Back
Top Bottom