Random NASCAR Stuff to talk about.....

Merry Christmas!

Screenshot_20231223_212136_Facebook.jpg

Would be nice if NASCAR or the TV/media outlets could show some more on-boards of these Gragson/Chastain incidents.

Reactions: Pat
More track mods. Nice

This is great news. The lines to get into the Cup race were very long and would take up to an hour. A fair number of people were not able to get in to see the pre race and even the start of the race. The biggest obstacle seemed to be the amount of time it took to scan e-tickets. Hopefully more staffing can remedy that issue.

:punkrocke

Ward Burton is Back! Daytona 500 Champion to Compete in First Race in 12 Years​

NASCAR Predictions for the near future:

1). The sport experiences a mini-boom in the 2020s, does it reach the heights of the 2000s though, unlikely

2). ARCA shuts down and CARS superseeds it on the development ladder

3). We see a Cup race in New York City or New Jersey, Canada, and Mexico

4). Lewis Hamilton runs a few races for Project 91 after he retires, including a Daytona 500, Fernando Alonso also makes a Daytona 500 start, Daniel Riccardo makes NASCAR starts, and Kobayshi makes a few more starts too

5). NASCAR goes hybrids for the new engine and does get a new OEM

6). Ryan Blaney cameos in a Star Wars movie or TV show

7). Las Vegas Motor Speedway eventually hosts the All Star Race

8). 23XI overtakes JGR as the top Toyota team

The sport experiences a mini-boom in the 2020s, does it reach the heights of the 2000s though, unlikely

Agreed.

I still vividly remember the cover of a Sports Illustrated magazine in 1995, with Sterling Marlin's Kodak Monte Carlo alongside of whoever drove the #40 Kendall Pontiac at the time (either Sacks or Bickle, most likely). That's when America realized NASCAR was the fastest growing sport and was finally getting the recognition it deserved.

Unfortunately, I don't think NASCAR will ever be as popular as it was from 1995-2005, but I can definitely see a scenario where we'll experience a significant growth in popularity.

NASCAR won’t see the boom until they increase their horsepower packages at short tracks and road courses and maybe even ALL tracks besides Daytona & Talladega.

Fans don’t want to see low HP neutered racing IMO, just look at the increase in some of the ratings at the intermediates such as Michigan & Nashville.

The new TV deal will help bring $$, but we will see if they can get 3-5 million viewers on Amazon Prime & TNT.

They still have markets they need to expand to, such as NYC, Canada, Denver, Seattle/Portland, maybe even New Orleans?

NASCAR Predictions for the near future:

1). The sport experiences a mini-boom in the 2020s, does it reach the heights of the 2000s though, unlikely

I think the economy has improve a ton for that to happen. Inflation killed a lot of disposable income.

Hard to believe just 17 years ago they were selling out Kentucky Speedway Busch races with 70,000+ waving terrible towels.

Reactions: Pat
Back
Top Bottom