Random NASCAR Stuff to talk about.....

Reactions: Pat
Owned by David Starr, who also just announced his Xfinity ride for Daytona

wow looks like Dale's #3 with a 9 added

I think Cup is going to be a horse race between Berry, Hocevar and Zane. Love and Riggs feels right. Love has the experience, SVG has to learn everything.
I could see that but I need to see Spire perform first. I know SHR has been bad but Berry does have more time in a Cup car.

I could see that but I need to see Spire perform first. I know SHR has been bad but Berry does have more time in a Cup car.
Yeah, I would give Berry the advantage in experience and equipment, but Hocevar has run pretty well in a few cup races, he did better than Lajoie in the same stuff and Zane has a little bit of cup time. I think it is going to be a close race, I hope the press keeps up with it.

Anyone else going?
No????
Didn’t think so.
(Insert evil laugh)

Attachments

• 94D8CF8D-9858-4F6D-A99C-697E91B4D213.jpeg
    94D8CF8D-9858-4F6D-A99C-697E91B4D213.jpeg
    730.9 KB · Views: 18
Yeah. He is a really nice guy, very enthusiastic about the sport. When I met him, he seemed genuinely excited to see fans waiting for his autograph.
I always liked DW and he was a favorite of mine for many years.
I dont know how he was with fans on a personal level early on. I think he was very respectful and personable even then but my opinion does not have a lot of data or citations.

But DW did go through one of the biggest driver evolutions in terms of popularity or public relations. It was quite a personality change. During his early cup years he was all buisness and didn't seem to care about how it effected others. He was on a mission not only to compete with Petty, Pearson and Bobby Allison but he wanted to beat them.

Somewhere in time around the mid 80s he went through a reformation and wanted to become a nicer guy or at least to be seen that way around and on the track.

In my opinion the young all buisness DW was a better driver and he had a lot of great moments. Maybe none of this really matters and it was more about being at the right age or in his prime.
(just some rambling while I has a few minutes to kill).

I always liked DW and he was a favorite of mine for many years.
I dont know how he was with fans on a personal level early on. I think he was very respectful and personable even then but my opinion does not have a lot of data or citations.

But DW did go through one of the biggest driver evolutions in terms of popularity or public relations. It was quite a personality change. During his early cup years he was all buisness and didn't seem to care about how it effected others. He was on a mission not only to compete with Petty, Pearson and Bobby Allison but he wanted to beat them.

Somewhere in time around the mid 80s he went through a reformation and wanted to become a nicer guy or at least to be seen that way around and on the track.

In my opinion the young all buisness DW was a better driver and he had a lot of great moments. Maybe none of this really matters and it was more about being at the right age or in his prime.
(just some rambling while I has a few minutes to kill).
It was after he retired from driving that I met him. I think most drivers mellow in their later years.. look at the Busch brothers. Something to think about when we see the spunky young drivers coming into the sport. Thanks for your point of view.

Just reading about Greg Biffle not driving because he wasn't paid. Nascar should not allow any team to participate if they don't honor their obligations. In Canada, if a company reneges on Payroll payments, the company must cease business until everyone is paid right up to date
including the government on all deductions.

Just reading about Greg Biffle not driving because he wasn't paid. Nascar should not allow any team to participate if they don't honor their obligations. In Canada, if a company reneges on Payroll payments, the company must cease business until everyone is paid right up to date
including the government on all deductions.
They're independent contractors. It's not nascars job to keep track of owners finances. As long as they're maintaining their obligations to Nascar, they can't do much.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom