Random NASCAR Stuff to talk about.....

Listening to Marty and McGee on live radio hosting from Daytona on my way to snowboard with 6” of freshies waiting for me (woot woot!).

Anyway, they have Steve O’Donnell on and they were talking about the clash and how they moved it up a day. One of em said “previously we would have waited till Tuesday to run that race”. Steve interrupted and says “no we wouldn’t have, we took the truck on the track Tuesday and it immediately sunk down”. They moved right along with the conversation but it seems like the asphalt might’ve been compromised from all the rain.

I’m stoked and off to snowboard.

Listening to Marty and McGee on live radio hosting from Daytona on my way to snowboard with 6” of freshies waiting for me (woot woot!).

Anyway, they have Steve O’Donnell on and they were talking about the clash and how they moved it up a day. One of em said “previously we would have waited till Tuesday to run that race”. Steve interrupted and says “no we wouldn’t have, we took the truck on the track Tuesday and it immediately sunk down”. They moved right along with the conversation but it seems like the asphalt might’ve been compromised from all the rain.

I’m stoked and off to snowboard.
Some nice new powder over here at Park City too!

Naw, Floridians crashing the winter scene this weekend. Leaving on Sunday redeye tomorrow hoping the 500 is delayed til Monday.

Where are you staying at? I lived in Heber City for 25+ years and worked in Park City for a number of years as well.

I can’t believe they shortened Atlanta I & Texas to 400 miles. Not sure I agree with it.

Old Atlanta, yes. It was great. New Atlanta, the 100 extra miles means too much potential for extra expenses with more torn up cars etc IMO.

Old Atlanta, yes. It was great. New Atlanta, the 100 extra miles means too much potential for extra expenses with more torn up cars etc IMO.
To me it seems more like running a 100 extra miles before the torn up cars

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Why don't they just start their own series??? They have started a few mini series.

Why don't they just start their own series??? They have started a few mini series.
C.A.R.T. all over again. I'd love to see all the charter teams just not show up one weekend. Don't announce it ahead of time. Just no-show. If gonna blow it all up, do it with some style! I'm thinking spring Bristol race.

C.A.R.T. all over again. I'd love to see all the charter teams just not show up one weekend. Don't announce it ahead of time. Just no-show. If gonna blow it all up, do it with some style! I'm thinking spring Bristol race.
Talk about the ultimate move of bad faith. Imagine Nascar showing up at the track and locking the teams out?

Where they going to race? Nascar controls all tracks that are capable of hosting a cup level event. They all going to show up at New Smyrna and run a race? Talk about really really not making any money

Read the article. The teams said they are not interested in starting a breakaway series or running on other tracks.
Yup. And if they just don't show up, it's not 1969 anymore. A Cup race consisting of XFinity/ARCA cars (especially the latter with crate Illmor/Yates motors!) is a big problem when your media deal probably 3/4s of your overall revenue and you're trying to court new OEMs. "Chase Elliott Effect" in 2023 would be amplified with bonus media outrage if they tried to break the teams again.

The R-Fers make mountains out of molehills. Nobody wants to screw with contractual obligations so they all pitch in and hire an expert to do the details so they can get back to what they do which is racing.

They both need each other, but I feel Nascar has an advantage here. Particularly with the current car Nascar essentially has the car and anyone can buy the parts and show up. Now if the teams want to walk away where is their revenue going to come from? Pretty sure they can't legally race the current car. Not sure where they'd race it and pull a big enough crowd?

They both need each other, but I feel Nascar has an advantage here. Particularly with the current car Nascar essentially has the car and anyone can buy the parts and show up. Now if the teams want to walk away where is their revenue going to come from? Pretty sure they can't legally race the current car. Not sure where they'd race it and pull a big enough crowd?
Exactly, they both need each other, and they both know that. It’s why I’m sure something will be settled. As pointed out, they aren’t many tracks they could race at, NASCAR has a firm control over a good majority of the tracks out there. But at the same time, without the drivers, NASCAR can’t put on a show.

Dang, SRX was quite the loss for Auto Racing fans.

Hope they can bring back IROC as a 6 race champion series maybe but probably not?

Back
Top Bottom